(1/3) the power of silence [chaekyung ver.]

out of my mind.
Please log in to read the full chapter

part 1 of a 3 part story. told from chaekyung's pov.

 

Chaekyung was lazing on the couch, browsing her phone in boredom, when she heard the key turn in the front door before it clicked open. Chaekyung sat up immediately, a smile gracing her face. Getting up from the couch, she put her phone on the coffee table before making her way to the living room entrance. She peeks to her left and sees her longtime boyfriend, Hyunwoo, taking his coat off. Chaekyung leans on the wall by the living room entrance, and waits for him to take his shoes off. When he finally looks up at her, Chaekyung smiles widely and waves.

"Welcome home, oppa."

Hyunwoo stares at her for a moment before glancing away. He walks past her silently and down the hallway without turning back. 

Chaekyung's smiles drops and tears spring into her eyes. It has been like this for a while now. Hyunwoo was never a talkative person to begin with but these days he just straight up ignores her like she wasn't even there. It hurts so much, especially since Chaekyung couldn't understand why he was doing this. Hyunwoo never mentions anything about breaking up yet he acts so cold towards her. Despite everything, she hasn't given up hope yet. Chaekyung still greets Hyunwoo warmly every day in the hopes that he would acknowledge her.

Chaekyung heaves a sigh and wipes her eyes before slowly walking towards their shared bedroom. The two of them still shared a bed but Hyunwoo always had his back to her and stuck to his side of the bed. Walking in the room, Chaekyung sees Hyunwoo changing, his body still as buff as ever. She averts her eyes when he turns and looks at her. Hands twisting her t-shirt, Chaekyung speaks up quietly.

"I made some fried rice earlier but haven't ate it yet. Want to-"

Hyunwoo cuts her off before she can even finish her sentence.

"No thanks. I already ate." 

Chaekyung glances over at Hyunwoo again but he is no longer looking at her. Tears threaten to spill from her eyes again as she watches him set a duffle bag on the bed and shove some clothes in. He disappears into the ensuite before coming out with his toiletries which he also puts in the bag. Hyunwoo zips the duffle bag up before once again walking past Chaekyung, this time out the bedroom and back towards the front door. She follows hurriedly, watching him put on the coat and shoes he took off only minutes before.

"Where are you going?"

Chaekyung asks in a whisper, voice not cooperating with her anymore. Hyunwoo doesn't turn around.

"Sleeping over at a friend's."

Hyunwoo replies emotionlessly, hand reaching for the door knob.

Without thinking, Chaekyung rushes forward and wraps her arms around Hyunwoo's waist. Tears are streaming down her face now as she leans against his back.

"Please, don't leave me."

Hyunwoo doesn't move, hand still on the door knob. Silence fills the air and stretches on until Chaekyung breaks it again.

"I love you, Hyunwoo."

Please log in to read the full chapter