The Friend from China

My Other Half

(Mino’s POV)

 

It was finally the moment we been waiting for since we arrived to the bar 30 minutes ago. Hoony, Jinu and I were able to get the best table right infront of the stage, Yoon came out to the stage wearing a white dress shirt with blue stripes and jeans and of course carrying his best friend the guitar. I was thinking that he was going to be really nervous, but he actually didn’t looked nervous at all, in fact he seemed rather happy.

 

- What’s wrong with him? - asked Hoony dumbfounded.

 

- I know. - said Jinu. - He looks calmer that I though he will be.

 

- He looks like he just kiss someone. - said Hoony and we all started laughing at his crazy idea.

 

**********************************************************

 

(A few minutes earlier)

 

(Seung Yoon’s POV)

 

- I can’t believe you still have it, I always thought you lost it or forgot about it.

 

- How can I lost it, this is so important to me, you gave it to me, is my treasure.

 

- Is this a joke Yoon-ah?

 

- Is not a joke Eunji, you’re very important to me. - I told her and then I notice that there were tears in her eyes.

 

- You’re very important to me too, you are my best friend.

 

- Is more than that to me Eunji, I like you, since we were kids.

 

- What didn’t you say it before? - she asked me while punching my arm, she was already crying.

 

- Because I thought you didn’t think of me in that way.

 

- How can you say that, I’ve always liked you.

 

- No way, that’s not possible. You didn’t even remember me when you saw me again last year.

 

- That was because I didn’t recognized you!! - she said - You were 10 the last time I saw you.

 

- I knew it was you the first moment I saw you.

 

- Because you heard my name, of course I thought it could be you, but I wasn’t sure until you told me your name.

 

- But why did you acted so cold towards me afterwards?

 

- I wasn’t being cold to you.

 

- Yes you were, at least compare to before when we were kids.

 

- It wasn’t like that, I guess was always nervous and shy around you. Besides your whole life seemed to revolve around your friends, that’s why I also got so interested in them at the beginning, now of course I fell in love with them after getting to know them better, but just as a fan, you’re still the only one in my heart.

 

- So you really like me, you really do like me!!

 

- Yes pabo, since forever. - she said nodding her head and smiling at me.

 

I dried her tears with a napkin and stared at her beautiful eyes and then we kissed. We kissed each other with the longing and yearning of a decade, with the hunger and urgency that was accumulated through all of those years of waiting, all the days apart thinking about each other, remembering afternoons in the playground, songs filled with feelings and love, stealing glances as teenagers and memories of a blissful childhood together. Today is the day, the day when we will start our love.

 

************************************************************

 

Now, while I’m singing “It Rains”, I feel like is not raining in my heart anymore, I feel like now the sun is shining in my heart, the chapter about my hidden and unrequited love, is finally a close chapter in my life's book.

 

- Thank you so much. That was “It Rains”, a composition of mine, now I will present to you a cover of a beloved and popular song that you might already know, but I will need an special guest that is going to help me sing it.

And then at that moment she got up to the stage looking white and beautiful like an angel, no longer the little kid I once knew and fell in love with, but a fully blossom woman that is making me go more crazy about her.

- Jung Eunji, ladies and gentleman. And this is “All for You”.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkxU785KrD4

 

All for you

It’s already been a few days since you haven’t called

Do you know that it’s my birthday soon?

But time keeps ticking without concern

Because I was more worried than annoyed

I went to the entrance of your street without planning it

I didn’t think I’d see you but you greeted me with a smile

 

Actually, I worried about this a lot

Because I had nothing I could do for you

Even though I lack so much and I don’t have much

Will you still accept me?

 

Now I finally realized that all of those moments we spent together as kids were as important to her as it were for me, even when I was just a shy little boy that couldn’t get out of his shell, she saw the good in me, she notice me and with her care she changed me for the better.

 

For you, only for you

I might not be able to give you the whole world but

Now I will promise only to you

I will be a person who is only for you

It’s only for you just wanna be for you

You just need to stay by my side just as you are right now

Even if I’m born again, I want to look at only you forever

 

Just the same way as she sees the good in me that is buried underneath my thick shell, I also see the good in her behind her corky and odd personality, how she takes her time to take care of others before herself, how she is so hardworking and committed with all of her crazy plans and projects and how, just like me, she sees and acknowledge the awesomeness of my friends.

 

You don’t know but it was a bit hard for me

Am I the right person for you?

And even if I’m not the one but it’s another person

I want to throw away that feeling now

 

For you, only for you

I might not be able to give you the whole world but

Now I will promise only to you

I will be a person who is only for you

 

It’s only for you just wanna be for you

You just need to stay by my side just as you are right now

Even if I’m born again, I want to look at only you forever

 

It was all for her that I am who I am today, that I was able to stop being an introverted boy and learn to make friends, that I started school one year earlier just to spend more time with her, that I learned to play and love the guitar and made music my life, all for her.

 

(Love – in my small heart – oh love – I want to fill it up with your scent)

So even if I’m eternally trapped inside

I can be happy

 

For you, only for you

I might not be able to give you the whole world but

Now I will promise only to you

I will be a person who is only for you

 

It’s only for you

Oh oh it’s all for you

 

People say that your first love rarely last forever, but I can already picture myself spending the rest of my life with this girl, sharing our joys and sorrows, just like when we were kids, being each other’s family, making her happy and be happy in return.

 

*******************************************************

 

(Mino’s POV)

 

There was definitely something different in the way they were looking at each other. Daebak, could it be that Hoony hitted jackpot again?

 

A few minutes after thanking and saying goodbye to the audience, Yoon and Eunji came to join us at our table, they were both wearing silly grins on their faces and sparkles on their eyes.

 

- So, Mino and Jinwoo-ssi, how was your date? - asked Eunji and immediately after she covered embarrassed. - I’m sorry, Yoonie told me about it, but my lips are sealed, I swear!

 

- That’s okay, is not like we're hiding our relationship or anything. - Jinu told her and she seemed relieved to hear that.

 

- And Jinu says is not really a date unless is just the two of us, so we will tell you our impressions when we really have one. - I added.

 

- What about you two? - asked Hoony with that mischievous smile he always has when he knows he’s right about something. - Anything you want to share with us?

 

Yoon and Eunji just stared at each other with a confused expression in their faces and then like if they were reading each other’s tough I could swear that Eunji nodded giving him the green light and then Yoon told us everything, they were dating, and once again I was amazed by Hoony’s skills to read people. Wizard, it’s kind of scary!!

 

*******************************************************************

 

The four of us were exhausted, we slept very late the previous night and today we had to wake up early to prepare for the semifinal, I was pretty sure it was going to be our last game, and in different circumstances I would have been worried about Jinu getting depressed by it, but not this time around, he seemed genuinely happy and he was literally just enjoying the moment like the rest of the team.

 

Luck was really on our side this time, since without even trying that hard we easily won the game, even Jinu hyung that barely slept 4 hours the previous night was able to shoot the winning goal, we were now part of the final, at just one week away to know who the winner was going to be.

 

The only downside came when coach Tablo told us who our rival for the first place was going to be, Nam Taehyun’s team.

 

**********************************************************************

 

After the game, the whole team gathered as usual, to decide where we were going to eat, this time Lee Seung Hyun seonsaeng said he was going to treat us, although Hoony and I know that is actually Hoon's dad the one that is paying.

 

- Dude, that’s seonsaengnim’s car. - said Yoon surprised when Seung Hyun seonsaeng got on his car with some of the guys of the team. - I better give up my dream in music and become a teacher instead.

 

- I'm sure he has a side job. - said Hoony. - Oh, he’s coming!!

 

- Who? - we all asked and then I saw our friend from China walking towards us.

 

Jae was Hoony’s best friend during his time as an exchange student in China, at first the three of us got along really well, since we were the only 3 korean kids in our class, but I was too focus on soccer back then and after a while the two of them started to spend more time together, always in front of the computer and talking in secrecy, now I know they were actually looking for Hoony’s mom at that time.

 

Jae was such a nerd, always reading or playing games in his computer, shortly after Hoony returned to Korea, Jae moved with his family to Australia, so I really haven’t see him in a long time, he still looked the same though, kind of reminds you to chicken little, until he opens his trucker mouth, he likes to joke around and doesn't really has a filter when he speaks.

 

- This is my friend Park Jaehyung, we met in China and he’s going to our school starting tomorrow.

 

- Deja vu! - said Jinu surprised.

 

- Don’t fall in love with him hyung, you already have a boyfriend! - warned him Hoony and I wanted to kill him with my eyes.

 

- Hahaha… what are you talking about!? - laugh Jinwoo punching his arm.

 

- So Jae, you already know Mino. - said Hoony and Jae and I share a high five. - This is Yoon, the maknae of our group.

 

- Nice to meet you Jae, I hope we can become friends.

 

- And this is Jinwoo hyung, he is our mat-hyung, captain of our team and Song Mino’s boyfriend.

 

- Mino, he’s way out of your league, how did you score that? - Jinu was so shocked after his joke that his mouth was wide open.

 

- Now you know why this two get along so well. - I was explaining when Mina joined us.

 

- Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend? - asked Mina with her flirtatious ways.

 

- This is my friend Park Jaehyung, he will start school with us tomorrow, Jae this is Bang Mina. - said a very apathetic Hoony.

 

- Jae do you also play soccer, are you joining the team? - asked Mina already batting her eyelashes at him.

 

- I’m not really into that sh*t. - Jae answered her and she started laughing like it was a joke.

 

- Awww... Jae you’re so funny, I’m sure you will be a great new asset for our school. - said Mina already punching his arm to create skinship.

 

- Deja vu! - whispered Jinu only for me to hear.

 

- Okay, we’re leaving now, bye Mina!! - said Hoony dragging us to the restaurant to meet the rest of the team.

 

***************************************************************************

 

After having lunch, we decided to go the Norebang to continue partying and to welcome Jae to Korea, just the five of us. When all of us got together at the Norebang it was inevitable to have a lot of fun, Yoon and Jae started singing FT Island’s “Lovesick”, then Yoon and me sang Big Bang’s “Fxxk it” and then Jinu and Hoony follow up with Blackpink’s “Whistle”. Then, finally my boyfriend ask me to have a duet with him and we choose JYJ’s “Found you”, that was now our song.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGVKMyCfFc

 

Honestly I didn't know at first

Though there was a coincidental meeting

Until now more than happiness

I learned a lot more about pain


 

I had a lot of tears

But I'll only give you laughter

I finally found my other half

My heart is racing like this


 

I found you, my love, the person I've been looking for

I want to embrace you passionately

Stay still and close your eyes

So that I can kiss you

I love you, I love you

I found you, the one person to stay beside me

 

It seems amazing how some weeks ago, the last time we came to this same Norebang, I was heartbroken, because he was singing a song to her, I was singing a song to him and she wanted to sing a song to me. But today, we’re finally singing the same song to each other. There’s a quote that says “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.”

 

He came into my life when I needed him the most, when I was so empty and lost and he made me feel like I found my other half.

 

I had closed my heart

But to you I'll give my heart

I finally found my other half

My heart is racing like this

 

I found you, my love, the person I've been looking for

I want to embrace you passionately

Stay still and close your eyes

So that I can kiss you

I love you, I love you

I found you, the one person to stay beside me


 

The person who embraced my wounded heart and painful scars

I want to give you even more love always

 

A miracle happen, we found love in each other, you are my other half, my wish is to take your hand and be with you forever. I have scars and wounds in my heart, but with you I’m sure they will heal soon, because you are the missing piece, you are the one I needed, you are my other half.

 

I found you, my love, the person I've been looking for

I want to embrace you passionately

Stay still and close your eyes

So that I can kiss you

Stay still and close your eyes

So that I can kiss you

I love you, I love you

I found you, the one person to put beside me

 

We were holding hands and so into the song and each other that we didn’t notice the judging stares from our friends that had a disgusted expression on their faces. Jae was pretending to be barfing and Yoon look more embarrassed at us than anything else.

 

- Dude, that was so cringe!! - yelled Yoon at us.

 

- You just say that because you couldn’t see yourself with Eunji at the bar the other day. - I told him.

 

- You two are definitely more over the top than us, right Hoon? - asked Yoon.

 

- What? - asked Hoony that seemed to have the head in the clouds until that moment.

 

- What’s wrong Hoony, you seemed so out of it since lunch? - said Yoon concerned.

 

- I just can’t believe Mina is actually hitting on Jae now!!

 

- You know how she is hyung, always after the shining new toy. - said Yoon.

 

- And is not like it will last. - I added. - she falls in and out of love as often as she changes her clothes.

 

- You can’t go out with her Jae!! - Hoony warned him.

 

- Why not? She’s hot.

 

- Because she is an annoying pain in the and I can’t stand her!! - yelled Hoony.

 

- Take a chill pill dude!! Okay, I will not date her. - said Jae. - Now stop preaching and let me go to the bathroom, I think I just barf a little in my mouth during the lovebird’s show.

 

- I’m going with you. - said Yoon and they both left to the bathroom.

 

Hoony, Jinu and me stayed and sang DBSK’s “Mirotic”, we were just finished when Yoon and Jae came back to the room with scared faces.

 

- We just bump into Mina and her friends in the hallway, they’re coming here. - said Yoon. - Sorry hyung, I didn’t know how to reject them.

 

Just after Yoon’s warning, Mina, Yura, Minji and Hayi entered the room, I felt just like the last time, but not quite, circumstances were very different for me this time around, I was utterly happy, unlike then. But there was someone that didn’t seem to be enjoying the moment at all.

 

Yoon, Jinu and me decided to sing Winner’s “Don’t flirt” to lift the mood and we dragged Hoony with us.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciGjglVYBtk

 

Don’t flirt, every day I’m nervous because of you

I pray again today that you won’t be taken away by someone else

Why do you always have so many oppas?

You say you’re friends but have no other explanation

You say you’re meeting an unni but why is your phone off?

Funny how you’re the one who’s getting mad right now

We were just two verses into the song when Mina was already all over Jae and then Hoony just stormed out of the room.

- Where are you going? - asked Jinu worried.

 

- Bathroom. - he plainly said.

 

- Mino come with me!! - said Jinu and dragged me out of the room.

 

- Hey guys, the song!! - yelled Yoon as we were leaving.

 

- What’s wrong hyung!? - I asked him once we were outside.

 

- Don’t you see it? - he asked.

 

- What?

 

- Deja vu!! - he said somehow proudly, like he just discover the wheel.

 

- Seriously hyung, what movie did you watch? Is like the third time you say that today.

 

- Is Hoony, he doesn’t hate Mina or find her annoying, he actually likes her!!!

 

- Damn hyung, you’re right!! - I told him finally figuring it out. - Poor Seunghoon hyung, we have to help him!!

 

- What do you have in mind?

 

- Nothing yet. - I told him. - But let me think about it.

 

*****************************************************************************************

 

Author's Note: So guys again, I'm sorry it took me so long to update when I previously said otherwise, I'm so ashamed, but I was really really busy with Winner's comeback, about that, if you have a melon pass don't forget to stream and if you don't you can also help by streaming the official video on youtube as much as possible.

Okay, so after this one just 2 more chapters left, but the last one is pretty short, so it's more like just 1 and half left xD Sorry for the lack of Hoon's POV, is just that I find his character so amazing that I don't think I can do justice to his mind and thoughts, so I rather just show him trought other's people's eyes. I can't promise anything but I will try to update on Sunday, see you soon and have a great week!!

 

PS/ I'm so happy this OTF era is showing many Songkim moments, so more inspiration is coming xD