Find Jihoon

The Fans Know

“Hello everybody,” Seungcheol greeted quietly, “‘Why am I so quiet?’ You might ask. Well, right now, I’m at school but since you guys wanted to see Jihoon more, we’re gonna go look for him” Glancing around, Seungcheol tried to walk as naturally as possible and not as if he was hiding a camera in his jacket.

Pulling out the camera, he started explaining what was happening, “Jihoon and I go to the same university, that’s how we met actually, and he’s a music major. So that’s where we’re heading; to the music department!” a sudden angry whisper could be heard as one of the professors scolded him for being loud. He casted a guilty glance to the camera and smiled.

“Not many of you know this but Jihoon actually composes. You should hear his songs sometime, they’re really good, especially when he sings because he writes his own stuff too,” without him knowing, Seungcheol’s face was almost totally star-struck the more he gushed on about the younger boy. “He doesn’t let me watch him compose though,” a pout appeared, “but I don’t mind, at least he lets me see the finished product, you know?”

He paused, perking up instantly, “you hear that?”

Slowly, a soft melodic voice could be heard floating through the hallway. “That’s him alright,” a grin erupted, “Jihoonnie never closes the door all the way when he practices” Bringing a finger to his lips, he quietly crept closer to the door. Peering through the gap, Jihoon could be seen hunched over the grand piano, singing softly but passionately. Everything went quiet as Seungcheol became transfixed on him. The music stopped as Jihoon started scribbling on his paper, marking in the notes he liked.

Bracing himself, Seungcheol knocked on the door, announcing his presence.

Jihoon turned to him and immediately scowled when he caught sight of him with the device. “What’s with that?” he asked, pointing to the camera.

“They just wanted to see you again,” Jihoon scoffed.

“Can we watch you?” Seungcheol nearly begged, coming to stand in front of him. Jihoon narrowed his eyes and returned to playing. Seungcheol took that as permission. “So what are you doing?” he asked, curious as a child. Jihoon stopped playing again and slouched over, giving up.

Side eyeing him, Jihoon gave in and began explaining. As he talked, Seungcheol balanced his camera on top of the piano, wanting to capture every moment. “So right now I’m just creating a melody,” he started, beginning to play a few notes with one hand; Seungcheol’s eyes widened in wonder. He didn’t notice how Jihoon was smiling at him. “After I have a clear melody, I can start writing lyrics and soon enough, I piece everything together until I’m satisfied”

Seungcheol nodded his head as if he understood everything, which he didn’t really but at least he tried.

“Can you play something? Please? ~”

Jihoon hesitated, thinking of all the songs he knew because even if he didn’t act like it, he really wanted impress the older boy. Deciding with something simple, he started playing a song he’s been working on for a while. Just as he was about to sing, he remembered the camera and got shy so instead he just hummed along. Seungcheol didn’t seem to mind and just gently rocked back and forth.

“Whoa, our Jihoonie plays so well,” Seungcheol cooed, hands cupping his cheeks. Jihoon’s face flushed and he attempted to wrestle himself free. Letting go, Seungcheol pecked his nose and danced out of his reach. Jihoon flushed even deeper, ears going pink.

“But really though, you’re amazing” Seungcheol commented, taking his seat on the bench. Jihoon grew shy and refused to meet his eyes but he was smiling. Just as Seungcheol was leaning in closer, the door opened behind them.

“Seungcheol-ssi? What are you doing here?” The music professor asked, blinking at him confusedly.

“Ah Seonsaengnim,” Seungcheol greeted, bowing “I was just visiting, I’ll be leaving now”

Secretly, he grabbed the camera and kept it hidden behind his back as he walked out. Keeping his back turned away, he made sure Jihoon’s teacher didn’t notice it until he was out the door.

“Okay, well… he came in at a bad time, right? Anyways, that’s it for now; hope you enjoyed seeing Jihoonnie in his natural habitat. I swear, he spends more time in there than with me… buh-bye~~”

 

A/N

So I added another chapter, YAY!!! I think I'm going to keep adding more but it won't have a set ending, you know? 

As always, comments are welcome!!