Final Part

College Sweethearts

 

 

Final Part

 

 

Ding dong.

 

What was that? Was that his alarm clock? No, it couldn't be. Daehyun remembered that he didn't set the alarm last night for he knew that today is Saturday so he could sleep in. Besides, who have time for setting up alarm when he's about to ravish his cute husband last night?

 

Daehyun pulled Youngjae tighter into his embrace; their bodies were grazing against each other. He buried his nose into Youngjae's soft, black locks; inhaling the sweet smell as if it was drug. He was about to lull back to sleep when the annoying sound invaded his ears once again.

 

Ding dong.

 

Daehyun was positive that there is someone at the door. Who the -- just go away. He nuzzled his face deeper into Youngjae's hair, refused to get up from his comfy state.

 

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong

 

Daehyun begrudgingly sat up. He glared at his bedroom door, trying to find faults for his frustration due to the incessant ringing of the doorbell. He grabbed his phone and unlocked the device to see what time is it. He mentally cursed when he saw it was only 7.30 a.m. and there's a er outside his apartment who has no sense of time ringing his doorbell like the world is going to collapse anytime soon.

 

Daehyun glanced at the person beside him when he felt the latter shifted in his sleep. Youngjae scrunched his face in his sleep, nuzzling his face deeper into the pillow; probably disturbed by the loud ringing sound. His arm was stretched out, snaking around Daehyun's waist as he let out a contented sigh when he felt the warmth of the older's body. Daehyun smiled at the sight.

 

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes in annoyance. Whoever the out there is really ing persistent, isn’t he? Daehyun gently removed Youngjae’s arm around his waist. He quickly grabbed Kekemato (Youngjae’s stuffed bunny, don’t even ask about the origin of that name) when Youngjae let out a whimper and put the stuffed bunny in the younger’s embrace. Youngjae once again let out a contented sigh as he hugged the stuffed bunny tightly, nuzzling his face into the soft plushie.

 

Daehyun let out a deep sigh as he grabbed his short that he haphazardly threw on the floor last night and put it on. He lazily walked out of the room towards the front door; didn’t even bother to put a shirt on. Daehyun grabbed the knob and twisted it, harshly opened the door while muttering a string of death threats as the person on the other side of it kept ringing the goddamn bell.

 

Daehyun squinted his eyes; the harsh morning sunlight penetrated through his eyes. He rubbed his still sleepy eyes, slowly opening his eyelids as he adjusted to the light. Once he got his eyesight back, he was met with not just one, but four unwanted guests at his front door; all with similarly confused expression plastered on their faces.

 

“WHAT THE ACTUAL ?!”

 

It was probably Himchan’s screech that caused Daehyun to slam the door shut; Daehyun would totally blame his reflexes for that. He didn’t even get the time to question on why on earth these guys are now at his front door or how the bloody Merlin did they knew where he lives when the door behind him was harshly pushed, causing him to fling to the ground. Daehyun cursed himself for being an idiot for not locking the door.

 

Daehyun lifted his face to see four familiar faces staring at him. He gulped his saliva, having a mental breakdown from the unexpected turn of event.

 

"Uh...hi?" Daehyun awkwardly waved his hand. He felt like his neck was going to snap from tilting too much as he looked up the four from his spot down here on the floor.

 

“I thought this is Youngjae's house. Why the bloody hell are you here?” Himchan spat as he narrowed his eyes Daehyun.

 

“W-well, you’ve got the wrong house, I guess? Ha ha ha.” Daehyun got up to his feet as awkwardly laughed, his eyes were wandering everywhere except on those four.

 

"His house is right next to mine! There, on the left! Go go find him there! Nice to see you anyway, bye!" Daehyun quickly shoved them towards the door but Himchan being a persistent he is, slapping Daehyun's hand off his precious body.

 

"Stop bull-ting us! We just saw an old couple left the house a few minutes ago!" Himchan countered feistily, a deep frown was marking the pretty face.

 

"Uhh... on the right then?"

 

"The one with 'For Rent' pasted on the door?" Yongguk interjected, cocking his eyebrows as to make a point. "Stop your ing bulls and starts real talk, NOW." Yongguk growled, finally had enough of Daehyun’s craps.

 

Daehyun gulped once again. Yongguk was using that tone on him so that means he meant business. Daehyun didn’t get to say another word when a familiar soft voice invaded his ears. Daehyun let out an exasperated sigh as he rubbed his face with his palms.

 

“Baby, what’s going on? I thought I heard something crashed.” Youngjae tottered out of their shared bedroom while rubbing his sleepy eyes. He wore nothing except for his pair of gray boxers, exposing a large span of his milky skin which was tainted with reddish kiss marks all over it, courtesy of Daehyun of course. Youngjae halted his pace when he figured things were too quiet to his liking. He lifted his face to be met with four gawking faces and an exasperated-looking Daehyun. To add to that, Jongup even had the guts to let out an astonished ‘Woah’ as he unblinkingly stared at Youngjae.

 

“Babe, put something on and come back. We owed them some explanation.” Daehyun said. Youngjae took a quick look at his appearance and yelped loudly, frantically making his way back into the bedroom as he realized the state of underdressed he was.

 

“Oh God, oh God” Himchan clutched his temple, his legs were staggering back, “Bang, hold me please I feel like fainting.” Yongguk was quick to be on Himchan’s side, holding the slightly younger male from plunging down. Jongup glanced at Junhong with his ‘What the hell is going on?’  look in which the taller male mouthed ‘I have no idea’ as a reply.

 

“Look, guys. I’m so sorry about this but we’ll explain everything. Take a seat first. I’m gonna go get change.” Daehyun gestured towards the seat before walking away but he stopped halfway when a sudden question popped into his head.

 

“Wait, how did you guys find this place? I swear no one ever knew where Youngjae nor I live at.” Daehyun raised a brow.

 

“Junhong hacked into the school system. We thought of heading for breakfast after dropping Youngjae’s car and his things but we’d never thought to find…this…” Jongup gestured towards Daehyun’s whole self. Daehyun nodded as he let out a tired sigh before leaving his guests to change into something proper.

 


 

All six of them were rounding up the table, glancing at each other but never made an attempt to start the conversation. Youngjae and Daehyun were sitting side by side, their faces clearly showed guilt. Himchan was sitting across them with Yongguk beside him, glaring at the two while crossing his legs; waiting for one of them to start explaining. Junhong and Jongup silently glanced at the older ones like a couple of confused little lambs they are.

 

“Are we having a staring battle or what? Don’t you have A LOT to explain?” Himchan spat. Youngjae winced at the minatory tone. Youngjae threw an unsure look at Daehyun’s direction. Daehyun grabbed Youngjae’s hand and soothingly rubbed it. He nodded his head as to encourage the younger. Youngjae took a deep breath before started explaining.

 

"We're... umm... married." Youngjae grimaced when he saw Himchan's eyes widened exponentially. He guessed that's not the best way to start the topic.

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"He says they're married. Can't you hear?" Jongup innocently interjected. Himchan glared menacingly at the younger male.

 

"I heard them clearly so shut the up you useless cheetos!" He barked, causing the younger boy to whimper and hide behind Junhong. Himchan then snapped his head towards the source of his current headache.

 

"Since when?" Himchan glanced between Daehyun and Youngjae. Youngjae was fidgeting in his seat before he started talking again.

 

"Since the beginning of college. It has been a year and a half now, right baby?" Youngjae turned to face Daehyun for confirmation in which the latter nodded his head; agreeing to his husband.

 

"Oh God, this is so weird." Himchan groaned in disbelief. He never thought these two are in a relationship. Heck, they are even married for sake and no one ever suspected anything; that, until the event last night taking place. Himchan could sense the throbbing pain starting to intensify against his skull.

 

"Why didn't you guys tell us anything?" Disappointment was evident in Yongguk's tone. He had known Daehyun for almost a year but the younger never said anything about this. No wonder Daehyun kept ditching their soccer team gatherings.

 

"It's Youngjae's request. Besides, I think it's safer that way. You know how crazy the girls are." Daehyun explained. "I'm sorry Yongguk but I figured it's for the best." Daehyun apologetically said. Yongguk nodded his head in understanding.

 

"Well, too late for that. People have been talking about you guys after what happened last night." Junhong finally voiced out. Youngjae paled at the news.

 

"They saw?"

 

"We're by the pool where a bunch of the people was there so of course they saw. They probably thought it was weird for the wallflower to have that much skinship with Daehyun if the two of you are strangers." Junhong shrugged.

 

"Yeah, I thought the same too. I never knew Daehyun was that close to Youngjae." Jongup added.

 

"Oh my God, what should we do?" Youngjae glanced worriedly at Daehyun.

 

"There's nothing you could do except to come out clean." Yongguk supplied. Himchan nodded in agreement.

 

"Are you crazy? Do you think they'll let Daehyun be with a nerd like me?" Youngjae incredulously countered.

 

"Well, I think we have a solution for that."

 

"What?" Youngjae snapped his head towards Himchan.

 

"If the girls couldn't accept Daehyun to be with a loser like you," Himchan gestured towards Youngjae; mercilessly ignoring the younger as the latter let out an offended 'Hey!', “then you just need to prove to them that you're actually on the same level as him."

 

"How?" Youngjae curiously asked but he narrowed his eyes on the older when he saw the cunning smile gracing the latter's lips. "Okay I take that back I don't wanna know, now scram you damn Lucifer."

 

"Oh c'mon. All you need is a little makeover." Himchan wiggled his eyebrows. Youngjae scrunched his face in distaste.

 

He swore ‘little’ in Himchan’s dictionary is much larger than that.

 


 

Youngjae predicted things accurately when it comes to Himchan and he was this close to annihilating that impossible bunny-faced princess for ruining his life, about to, precisely. He grimaced when he saw his reflection in the mirror. He was wearing a baby blue oversized dress shirt. The front hem of the shirt was tucked into the pair of white jeans he was wearing. Himchan even styled his hair so that his forehead was exposed and the older dabbed a little lip gloss on his pouty lips to make them appear more luscious.

 

Oh God, this is so not Yoo Youngjae.

 

“What? You should thank me for that. I bet Daehyun’s going to drop his jaw seeing you like this.” Himchan smirked.  Daehyun was kicked out of the house earlier so that Himchan could start his makeover. Youngjae glanced towards his reflection once more.

 

“W-what if Daehyun hates it? W-what if his fans still couldn’t accept me?” Youngjae whimpered. He didn’t know what to expect later on, to be honest. Himchan let out a sigh as he walked towards the younger, grabbing the shoulders as his eyes directly met the latter’s.

 

“Will you stop think so lowly of yourself? You’re pretty, Youngjae. You’re even prettier than the girls out there.” Himchan emphasized his points. “But what’s more important is that Daehyun chose you. He chose you to be in his life. Though I think he’s the one who should be grateful that you actually accepted his stupid .” Himchan shrugged, eliciting a chuckle from Youngjae. At times like this, Youngjae felt thankful for having the older as his best friend.

 

“So, ready to go?” Himchan raised a brow as he gathered his bag. Youngjae smiled and nodded.

 

“Yeah.”

 


 

Daehyun was hanging out with his cliques from the soccer team in the cafe, a routine they’ve adopted while they’re waiting for their next class. He was finishing his last minute assignment when the boys suddenly went silent. He lifted to see the boys were gawking at something behind him, well with an exception of Yongguk since there was a suspicious smirk etching on the older's lips instead. Daehyun mouthed a ‘What?’ at Yongguk, in which the older gestured towards something behind him. Daehyun raised a brow before he turned to see what caught the attention of these rowdy boys.

 

Well, it seems he too, unknowingly joined the ‘gawking party’.

 

A few meters from their table, stood an aesthetically pleasing human being by the name Yoo Youngjae (Daehyun: *cough* Jung Youngjae *cough*) in all his ethereal-looking self. It seems like the younger was having a pleasant conversation with Himchan as he was smiling so much.

 

“Dude, correct me if I’m wrong but is that Yoo Youngjae? The nerd, Yoo Youngjae?” one of Daehyun’s cliques, Choi Taewoong asked to no one; he still gawking at the said nerd. Well, the nerd turned out to be not so nerdy anymore since the boy magically turned into a prince; just like how an ugly duckling turned into a swan.

 

“Yup, he is.” Jackson, another member of the soccer team confirmed. “God, he’s beautiful.” Jackson let out a dreamy sigh as he stared diligently at Youngjae. Daehyun clenched his fists, glaring menacingly at the oblivious Jackson. He could see Yongguk giggling from the corner of his eyes. He internally let out a string of curses directed to the older.

 

“Dude, I realized that I’m lowkey gay but this is it. This is the exact moment I’m gonna proudly say that I’m ABSOLUTELY gay. I’m gonna snatch that , just wait for it.” Jackson claimed determinedly. Daehyun gritted his teeth. Yongguk was now full-fledged laughing.

 

“Lowkey my . Why do you keep following Mark like a goddamn puppy then?” Taewoong snorted. Jackson opened his mouth to retort but then thinking again, he decided to shut his trap; uttering out ‘Okay, I’m highkey gay then’, eliciting snorts from his team members.

 

Jackson's eyes widened as he caught the sight of Youngjae staring at their direction.

 

“Dude! Oh My God he’s looking this way!” Jackson exclaimed, immediately composing himself trying to look like a cool, chic guy. Daehyun turned back. His eyes met with Youngjae’s. The younger gave him a small smile, waving shyly at the older. Daehyun unwittingly smiled at the cute gesture.

 

“OH GOD HE’S WAVING AT ME!” Jackson excitedly waved at Youngjae. Daehyun narrowed his eyes on this imbecile; his head forming 1001 ways to murder the stupid Hong Kong native. He turned back to see Youngjae was giggling, waving back at Jackson as to not embarrassed the guy. Daehyun silently signaled Youngjae to come to him. The younger looked unsure but alas he walked towards Daehyun; pulling Himchan to come with him.

 

“Guys, guys he’s coming this way. Do I look good?” Jackson flexed his biceps towards Taewoong, to the latter dismay.  Taewoong scrunched his face as he as he shoved Jackson away; uttering a disgusted ‘Get away from me you ugly Squirtle’.

 


 

Youngjae stopped in front of Daehyun, greeting the older with a shy ‘Hi’ as he fidgeted in his spot. Daehyun grinned as he pulled the younger to his level and captured the latter’s lips in his; catching Youngjae off-guard. The younger’s face was flushing red; Daehyun grinned wider.

 

“Hi.” Daehyun belatedly greeted back. “You look good, babe.” Daehyun complimented as he rose from his seat. Youngjae muttered out a shy ‘Thanks’ to the older. He couldn’t lift his face, almost dying from embarrassment for the unexpected PDA that came from Daehyun. Daehyun gathered his bag, cocking his head in nowhere particular.

 

“Shall we go now?” Daehyun smirked. Youngjae smiled in response.

 

“Yeah.”

 

The both of them walked out of the café, leaving the still gawking boys behind. Himchan turned towards Yongguk, nudging on the older.

 

“Should we get going too?”

 

“Yeah, lemme pack up my things first.” Yongguk replied, picking up his things and shoved them into his bag. The both of them got startled when a loud shrieking voice resonated through the whole cafeteria.

 

“WHAT THE ACTUAL --? DOES ANYONE BOTHER TO EXPLAIN TO ME JUST WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??? MY ANGEL WAS SNATCHED BY THAT STUPID DAEHYUN FOR SAKE!” Jackson blurted out in bewilderment. He was gaping at the pair who was walking further away from their table. To be honest, the whole squad was having the same shocked facial expression, minus Yongguk.

 

“Oh shut up, they’re married anyway so sit your down and stay away from them.” Yongguk nonchalantly said as he pulled Himchan with him, leaving his squad muddled in their confusion.

 

“WHAT?”

 

Let’s just say, the whole campus was buzzed with the shocking news of Jung Daehyun, the campus’s popular guy was taken by the campus’s nerd, Yoo Youngjae.

 

 

 

 

a/n:

I know you guys probably wouldn’t be satisfied by this, am I right? Am I right? ;)

So, I was thinking… who’s up for a prequel/sequel? :D

Comment down there which one do you prefer.

I did good, didn't I? Please tell me I did well :'D