Part One

College Sweethearts

 

Part One

 

Youngjae rushed through the sea of people across the cafeteria, once in a while he glanced towards the shiny silver watch adorned his thin wrist. , he’s already ten minutes late. Youngjae quickened his steps as he nimbly avoided the people blocking his stride.  However, it might due to his clumsy nature or even lack of luck in his part, Youngjae failed to notice that there’s actually a male stood idly in front of him and Youngjae, being a klutz he is, accidentally crashed onto the said person.

 

Youngjae let out a loud ‘Ooff’ from the impact and lost the balance on his footing before his plunged painfully on the hard, tiled floor. All the papers which were previously clutched neatly in his hands are now scattered on the ground. Youngjae quickly sprang onto his knees; the pain on his bottom was left forgotten as he noticed a flock of students were already circling around him, whispering of God knows what to each other. He could feel the heat creeping up his face.

 

Oh God, the embarrassment is real.

 

Youngjae ignored the people around him as he hastily gathered his papers. He paused when there’s another figure kneeling in front of him, helping him gathering his things. Youngjae lifted up his face to see the guy who kneeled in front of him extending his long arm to give back his things. A small smirk graced the latter’s lips.

 

It was Jung Daehyun.

 

Youngjae could feel himself getting beet red as he took the papers from Daehyun’s hand. He muttered out a small ‘Thanks’ to the latter, cursing himself for how squeaky his voice sounded. Daehyun chuckled as he rose to his feet, offering his hand to the other. Youngjae accepted the hand abashedly and let Daehyun to pull him up from the floor. Youngjae’s eyes were wandering everywhere except on the older male. He was fidgeting on his spot; the papers were clutched tightly on his chest. He bowed once towards the older, muttering an apology to the latter. Daehyun chuckled once again.

 

“That’s okay. Just be careful next time or else you might bruise your body.” Daehyun reminded, the sly smile gracing his lips causing Youngjae to end up choking on his spit. Youngjae bowed down once again before he fled away from Daehyun.

 

The crowd dispersed once the drama ended, leaving Daehyun and his cliques standing idly at the same spot. Daehyun’s gaze leered towards Youngjae’s retreating back. He unwittingly smiled when he saw the clumsy boy stumbling on his feet; almost fell on his once again.

 

“Hey Daehyun, are you coming?” Jongup nudged on Daehyun’s arm. Daehyun glanced at Youngjae for one last time before he uttered out ‘Yeah’ and followed Jongup to their next class.

 


 

“I’m so sorry for being late, Junhong! I promise I’ll treat you to ice cream later.” Youngjae apologized as soon as he reached the table in the middle of the campus garden. He dropped his creased papers (as a result of the fall before) onto the table and not so gently plopping himself down next to Junhong. Oh how he regretted that when a zing of pain zapped through his body. Damn it, that hurts.

 

“What the hell happened to you?” Junhong raised a brow and paused his typing as he took in Youngjae’s battered state. The glasses on Youngjae’s face were crooked and the older boy’s hair was sticking out in all directions. Youngjae grunted and pasted his face on the cold marble surface. At least the coldness would lessen the heat on his skin. He repeatedly banged his head on the hard surface while muttering “Why God whyyy”and ”I don’t wanna live anymore”, trying to forget the event  that took place earlier.

 

“Whatever, Im gonna let you muddled in your misery.” Junhong gave up and carry on with his typing. Youngjae stopped and glared at his group mate.

 

Wow, what a supportive friend he got here.

 

Youngjae let out a sigh before he gathered back his papers, arranging them according to the correct sequence. His phone vibrated and he stopped to see an incoming message. The sender’s name, ‘Daehubby<3’, was displayed openly on the screen. Youngjae hurriedly snatched his phone from the table surface, glancing warily at Junhong, afraid if the boy ever caught the glimpse of the name. He let out a relief sigh when he realized Junhong was still busily typing on his laptop, oblivious to his surroundings.

 

Youngjae tapped on the message. He bit his lower lips to control himself from smiling as he read the text.

 

 

From: Daehubby<3

Babe, you hurt? Do you need painkillers?

 

 

From: Jaebaby^3^

Nah, I’m good. Thanks for earlier <3

 

 

From: Daehubby<3

No sweat :)

When will your last class end?

 

 

From: Jaebaby^3^

3 p.m. Why?

 

 

From: Daehubby<3

I was thinking of going to a movie with you. You okay with that?

 

 

From: Jaebaby^3^

Sorry baby but I’m going for ice cream with Junhong later. How bout tonight?

 

 

Youngjae was weirded out when Daehyun didn’t reply him for a long time after the last message. When he did receive a reply, it was just a brief ‘Sure’ from the latter with no other affectionate messages such as ‘See you later babe<3’ or even the usual cheesy ‘Love you XOXO’ with it. Youngjae shrugged it off. Daehyun probably busy at the moment.

 

Youngjae slipped his phone into his pocket, assuming that there will be no more messages from Daehyun. He lifted his head only to be left shocked out of his wit when he was met with Junhong’s judging face.

 

“What the hell, Junhong?! Don’t stare at me like that I almost got a heart attack!” Youngjae clutched on his poor heart. He’s positive that at least 10 years of lifespan got shaved off him. Junhong, on the other hand, kept staring at the older.

 

“You’re smiling.”

 

“What’s so odd about that?” Youngjae played nonchalant as he scanned the paper in his hand, trying hard to cover his flustered heart.

 

“But you’re smiling to yourself while texting.” Youngjae swore this guy is a ing creep. A mischievous smile then found Junhong’s face.

 

“Did you find yourself a girlfriend?” The younger teased.

 

“No I didn’t.”

 

“A boyfriend then?” Junhong laughed boisterously when Youngjae became a sputtering mess at the question.  He guessed he hit the bulls-eye judging from the way Youngjae’s face immediately turned red and how the other male was beginning to talk nonsense. Junhong scooted closer to Youngjae, the annoyingly impish smile was still there.

 

“So, who’s he? Do I know him?”

 

Youngjae elbowed the younger hard on the chest and gritted a lame ‘Shut up’ as a response. He continued checking the papers, leaving the poor boy groaning in pain. Junhong glared at the petite guy while begrudgingly muttered a ‘Fine then, as if I care who your boyfie is’ before continuing his disrupted work earlier.

 

 

If only Junhong knew that Jung Daehyun, the school star is actually married to the school nerd, Yoo Youngjae.

 


 

Youngjae opened the door to his apartment and was greeted with the heavenly scent of what it seems like a kimchi stew, judging from the spicy smell that teased his nostrils. He put his bag on the sofa, too tired to actually move to the study room to place his things. Youngjae waddled towards the kitchen. A pot of hot stew was placed in the middle of the table and he could feel himself drooling at the sight.

 

“Oh, you’re home?” Youngjae snapped his head towards the source of familiar voice. Daehyun just got out of shower it seems; his hair was still wet and there’s a towel draped on his shoulder. He ambled towards Youngjae and greeted the latter with a peck on the lips. Youngjae smiled and grabbed the towel before drying Daehyun’s hair with it.

 

“You’re gonna catch a cold if you keep doing that.” Daehyun closed his eyes, quite enjoying the way Youngjae’s dainty fingers massaging his head. Once he deemed dry enough, Youngjae left the towel draped on Daehyun’s head, a cheeky smile painted his face.

 

Daehyun grabbed Youngjae’s waist and brought the latter closer, pecking the pouty lips once again. He then nuzzled his nose on the crook of Youngjae’s neck, inhaling the sweet scent of the latter. Daehyun kissed the soft skin, mapping his kisses along the younger’s neck and jaws.

 

“Daehyun…”

 

Daehyun stopped his ministration when felt a gentle push from his husband. Youngjae kept his hands on Daehyun’s chest, tip-toeing a bit to kiss the older’s plump lips.

 

“I’m hungry.” Youngjae pouted, eliciting a chuckle from the older.

 

“Why don’t you shower first? You stink.” Daehyun playfully replied. Youngjae scoffed.

 

“Yeah, right. But then you kept sniffing me like a dog anyway.” Youngjae countered with a playful grin etching on his face. “I really need a shower. It’s been a long day.” Youngjae said, giving Daehyun another peck before tottering across the room to where their shared bathroom is. Daehyun smiled contentedly before he too, starts moving to locate the bowls and other utensils for dinner.

 


 

"When will the movie start?" Youngjae asked as the both of them enjoying dinner. Daehyun's a great cook, Youngjae would give him that. But then again what’s Daehyun bad at anyway?

 

"9.30; we should get there earlier. I'm craving for some popcorn."

 

Youngjae chuckled. He muttered 'You and your appetite' while shaking his head in disbelief. Daehyun only grinned in reply. The two of them ate in silence, well, that until Youngjae voiced out again.

 

"What is it?" Youngjae asked. He noticed that the older had been staring at him for quite some time. Daehyun cleared his throat, feeling a bit hesitate to ask.

 

"Where have you been after class ended?"

 

"Went to get ice cream with Junhong, you know, that tall kid from my class. I was late for our meeting so as compensation I treat him to ice cream." Youngjae nonchalantly replied as he shoved more meat from the stew into his mouth. Oh God, the stew is heavenly.

 

"Just the two of you?" Daehyun quirked an eyebrow. Youngjae nodded, oblivious to the oddity in his husband’s behavior.

 

"Yeah. Himchan couldn't join us. Said something about having an essay to write due tomorrow morning."

 

Daehyun nodded and went silent after that. He absentmindedly stirred the liquid in his bowl, occasionally biting his lower lips whenever displeasing thoughts came across his mind. 

 

"Yongguk invited the whole department for a party at his place tomorrow." Daehyun said after a few minutes of silence. He was still stirring the soup in his bowl.

 

"Oh, okay. Enjoy then." Youngjae replied. He let out a contented sighed as he finished his bowl. Daehyun raised an eyebrow at the reply.

 

"You're not going?"

 

"I don't think the 'whole' department includes a nerd like me." Youngjae said as he air-quoted the word ‘whole’.

 

"Oh, c'mon. Of course you're included. It's Yongguk we're talking about here." Daehyun coaxed. Youngjae let out a heavy sigh.

 

"Yongguk, yes, he's nice but the others? I don't think they'll like me being there. I'm the socially-awkward guy in campus, remember? Besides, I don't have any pretty clothes for the party." Youngjae countered.

 

"No need to be bothered about clothes. Tomorrow's theme is pool party so we just have to dress in swimming suit." Daehyun tried to reason. Youngjae, on the other hand, narrowed his eyes on the older.

 

"Then the more reasons I shouldn't be there."

 

"C'mon, Jae. We never went to any party together before. Besides its Friday night you should enjoy yourself a bit. Come, please?" Daehyun pleaded, using his kicked-puppy face to coax the younger into agreeing with him. He knew Youngjae is such a er for his puppy-look.

 

"Okay, okay. But I'm bringing Himchan and Junhong with me." Youngjae finally relented. Daehyun’s forehead creased when he heard the last name on the list.

 

"Junhong?" He questioned. There’s a hint of bitterness in his voice.

 

"Yeah, I might get bored. You'll probably mingle with your friends anyway." Youngjae said as he gathered the dishes and put them away in the sink. He squeezed out some dishwashing liquid onto the sponge, lathering the liquid on it so that it’ll produce foam. Daehyun eyed Youngjae’s back. He opened and closed his mouth in hesitation before finally braving himself to ask the long-due question.

 

"Don't you think it's time for us come out?" Daehyun carefully uttered out the words. He swallowed in his nervousness when he noticed Youngjae freeze in his spot before the latter proceeded to rinse the bowl.

 

"No, Daehyun. I don't want to risk anything. Besides you knew how scary your fangirls are." Youngjae stood firm on his decision. Daehyun could do nothing except for went along with Youngjae’s decision.

 

"If you say so..."

 

 

 

a/n: This oneshot turns out too long so I break this into 2 or 3 parts.