Part Two

College Sweethearts

 

 

Part Two

 

Youngjae dressed himself in his comfortable oversized soft pink hoodie and a pair of black slim-fitted jeans, ready to go to Yongguk’s party. Daehyun had left a few hours before to help Yongguk with the preparations, you know, for the alcohols and such. Youngjae stood in front of the mirror, appraising his looks. He scrunched his face when he saw his reflection. He looks weird without his glasses.

 

Well, the thing is, he accidentally broke his glasses earlier. He had no idea how on in the world his glasses end up on the floor but one thing did for sure, he auspiciously stepped on it. The loud crack sounded so gratifying in his ears.

 

Oh, yeah.

 

Thankfully, he had an emergency contact lenses stored. Youngjae figured he should thanks Himchan for his constant nagging on how Youngjae should get rid of the ugly glasses and wear contacts instead. Youngjae bought them for the sake of shutting Himchan up but then again, this thing came handy at last. He felt a bit odd for not having his big nerdy glasses on his face. Youngjae let out a sigh, concluded that he should not dwell too much on it as he picked up his keys and wallet; trailing his way out of the house.

 


 

Youngjae timidly stepped into the party venue. He could see the guys and girls are all in their swimwear, making him stick out like a sore thumb for wearing a hoodie to a pool party, a pink hoodie on top of that. It didn’t help when a few of them even glanced his ways, whispering to each other as if he’s an alien descended from the outer space to rule over the world. Well the last part was an exaggeration but he wouldn’t deny the alien-looking part; he did feel like an alien anyway.

 

Youngjae was peeking here and there, cursing Himchan in his head for arriving late when a guy suddenly bumped on his back. He stumbled forward; almost face-planting on the ground when the guy quickly reached for his arm, bringing Youngjae’s balance back.

 

“I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” The familiar deep voice seeped into Youngjae’s ears causing him to snap his head towards the guy.

 

Oh, hi there Yongguk.

 

"Youngjae? God, I almost couldn't recognize you there." Yongguk released the younger’s arm as he openly gawked at the latter.

 

"I broke my glasses so... yeah..." Youngjae smiled sheepishly, awkwardly scratching his head. Yongguk grinned widely.

 

"I'm glad you came though. Almost convinced you're not gonna come since this is like the third time I've invited the whole department for parties but you’re never here." Yongguk pouted. Youngjae giggled seeing the impossible expression on Yongguk. Who would’ve thought the college’s tough guy star soccer player could make such an adorable face.

 

"Sorry bout that. I'm just not used to these." Youngjae apologized, still sustaining his giggles. He noticed Yongguk kept glancing behind him as if searching for someone. Unwittingly a smirk slowly etched on his face.

 

"Himchan's picking up Junhong first. He's going to be here in few minutes." Youngjae provided, almost burst out laughing when the guy in front of him immediately gets flustered. He still couldn’t understand why it took so long for this guy to confess to his best friend. And Himchan, being an oblivious idiot he is, couldn’t even sniff the oddity in Yongguk. I mean c’mon! The guy had been obvious for sake.

 

"Uhh, yeah. I'm just...gonna... uhh...I need to find Daehyun. Bet he's raiding the fridge by now. Bye." Yongguk talked nonsense as he hurriedly fled away from the younger. His face was splattered with a deep shade of red. Oh, how Youngjae enjoyed each and every moment of it.

 

It seems like this party is getting interesting.

 

Youngjae yelped when somebody tugged his arm. His body was whirled around forcefully and he was met with a frowning Himchan.

 

"Oh, you're here. You just missed your lover boy by a few seconds by the way." Youngjae gestured towards where Yongguk was a few moments ago. Himchan's frown deepened.

 

"What lover boy? Wait, that's not the point here. What the actual are you wearing to a pool party? Seriously dude? But it's a good thing you got rid of those hideous glasses though." Himchan gestured towards Youngjae's attire, clearly displeased by what he saw. Youngjae glared in response.

 

"Shut up. I wore a swimming trunk underneath this. Where's Junhong?"

 

"He's getting something from the car. So, are you gonna get rid of that or do you want me to do it for you?" Himchan gestured at Youngjae's pants, cocking his eyebrows as to make his point. Youngjae immediately scurried a few steps away from the older, covering his body with his arms.

 

"I'll do it myself you psycho!"

 

"Stop pretending to be an innocent , you're going to strip anyway. Though I do believe you're a but nothing close to innocent." Himchan countered. Youngjae pouted as he unbuckled his belt, proceeding to his pants and removed them. He mentally argued on how far he is from being a and how his has taken in a massive for countless times now, thanks to Daehyun's beastly ual drive.

 

"That hoodie?"

 

"No! I'm gonna keep it whether you like it or not!" Youngjae stomped his feet like a kid he is. The hoodie is the only thing that covered up his body, besides his tight swimming trunk of course. He didn't even wear a shirt underneath for he's going to get wet anyway.

 

Oh God, that sounds so wrong.

 

"Go find Junhong. He'll be by the pool. I'm gonna go and find Jongup for a sec." Himchan said and fled to find Jongup; leaving Youngjae to protest on his own.

 


 

Youngjae was sitting on a recliner with Junhong beside him, chatting and laughing of God knows what. But his incessant chattering was stopped abruptly as his eyes caught Daehyun's figure on the other side of the pool. Daehyun only wore his short with no shirt on, laughing and happily drinking with the girls flocking around him. Youngjae thinned his lips when a particular girl kept her lingering touches on Daehyun's exposed chest and arms. He begrudgingly grabbed his beer and chugged it.

 

"Wow easy there. I don't wanna drag your drunk- home." Junhong playfully said in which he earned a menacing glare from Youngjae. But to him Youngjae looks nothing more than a grumpy puppy. He chuckled as he handed a water bottle to the older.

 

"Here, drink some water too." Junhong offered, Youngjae received begrudgingly but still he muttered a 'Thanks'. Youngjae tried to uncap the bottle but to no avail. He pouted and handed it back to Junhong.

 

"I can't open this. Do it for me."

 

Junhong raised a brow, smirking at the older.

 

"Where's the 'please'?"

 

"Oh the fabulously perfect Choi Junhong, would you help this poor frail cutie to uncap this, please?" Youngjae pouted and blinked his eyes repeatedly in attempt to be cute.

 

"That's more like it. But you're not cute though."

 

"Shut up and open this ing thing."

 

"Alright, alright. You're such a demanding princess." Junhong took the water bottle and he easily uncapped it. He handed the bottle back to Youngjae. "Here you go."

 

"Thank you~" Youngjae happily accepted the water and drank it.

 

"Hey, can you reach that bag of chips for me please?" Junhong gestured towards an unopened bag of chips on Youngjae's left side.

 

Youngjae bent over to grab the chips but as he tried to straighten his back, his hoodie zipper got stuck on the recliner's handle, causing it to zipped opened. A large span of his milky chest skin was exposed but Youngjae just let it be, it's kinda hot anyway.

 

"Here." Youngjae gave the chips to Junhong in which the latter gratefully accepted.

 

Unknown to them, a certain someone glaring their way from the other side of the pool.

 


 

Daehyun was chatting with some of the girls from the cheerleading team when he heard Yongguk greeted Himchan. He quickly snapped his head to see if Youngjae was with the older but to his disappointment, his husband was nowhere near them.

 

"Hey, Himchan. I thought you're with Youngjae, why he's not with you?" Yongguk greeted. Daehyun's ears perked as he heard his beloved name. He politely ditched the girls to join Yongguk and Himchan. Oh, somehow Jongup's there too.

 

"He's with Junhong. Now, where those guys at?" Himchan scanned the pool area, his face lit up when he finally located the two.

 

"There they are, by the end of the pool." Himchan pointed at the other side of the pool where Youngjae could be seen relaxing on the recliner with Junhong, chatting and laughing together.

 

Daehyun narrowed his eyes at the two.

 

"Wait, is that Youngjae? Dude, I would've never thought I'd say this but damn he's cute. And look at those pretty legs." Jongup whistled, admiring the supposedly school nerd from afar. Daehyun was this close to gauge Jongup's eyeballs out of his sockets.

 

"Do you like the cute type?" Himchan raised a brow. He never pegged Jongup as someone that'll go for the cutesy ones.

 

"Nah, I'm digging for the tall type, someone like Junhong. He's cool and nice and everything perfect!" Jongup sighed dreamily as his eyes glued to a certain Choi Junhong.

 

"Forget about it. I think Junhong is going for Youngjae." Himchan nonchalantly said as he sipped on his beer. "They're frequently together in and out of campus so I wouldn't be surprised if one day they come to me and proudly flaunting their relationship in front of the whole campus. See that?"

 

Himchan pointed at the oblivious pair. The four of them carefully observed the way Junhong helped uncapped the water bottle when Youngjae failed to do so. Daehyun clenched his fists when he saw how Youngjae smiled sweetly at Junhong, a smile that Daehyun thought was only reserved for him. His eyes widened when Youngjae bent over to grab something, giving a full view of his plump to Junhong. It didn't help when Youngjae's hoodie accidentally ped itself as the zipper got stuck to the recliner's handle, exposing his smooth milky chest for the world to feast upon.

 

That's an exaggeration but you get the point.

 

"Oh wow never thought Youngjae's the type to flaunt his body like that. Junhong is getting some tonight I guess." Yongguk commented; the two others snorted in response. A loud cracking sound startled the three of them. Their eyes immediately found the source of it, which turns our to be from Daehyun's hand crushing the can.

 

"No, he's not." Daehyun gritted his teeth as he threw the empty crushed can harshly into the bin.

 

"What...?" Yongguk asked incredulously but he was left in the dark when Daehyun stomped away. The remaining boys glanced at each other confusedly.

 

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Himchan raised a brow.

 

"Dunno, lack of food, perhaps." Jongup supplied, unhelpfully.

 

 

 

a/n: I'm still working on the third part. Pls wait for it :)