April 28, 2017

This is for You

Pie, 

It's been two days. This is going to be my second night sleeping without you beside me. I hate that ing virus and I'm on the verge of saying I hate ing chicken. If not for that ing chicken bone you swallowed, we wouldn't have to be apart. 

I'm gonna pump you with Vitamin C the next time I see you. No ing illness will be keeping us apart. You asked me to marry you and I believe at some point in the traditional vows we say, "in sickness and in health", so this time apart while you're sick is really not sitting well with me. I want to take care of you. I will take care of you. And, I'll start with force feeding you vitamins (because you're stubborn) and feeding you boneless ing chicken (because I don't know how or why but of all the things you can choke on, really, A CHICKEN IN BONE??? TWICE???). 

God, I love you. I love you so much and it's been two days. I try to distract myself but I keep counting. I still keep counting and I will keep counting until the day you come back. And, once you're back I'll still keep counting until the day when you'll never have to go away again. I'll keep counting until the day that everything is sorted out. I'll keep counting until the day people just see us together and know that that's how it's supposed to be. Me with you and you with me. 

For now, I'll be stocking up on vitamins.

I'll be looking for places to buy boneless chicken. 

I'll be waiting.

And, through all of this, I love you.

 

Kim