Different Encounters

Two Sides

Rudolph’s POV

The large tree trunks engulfed my body as I gasped for air. The voices were getting louder and louder with every second passing by. I greedily gulp in a few more breaths before I take off.

I sprinted as fast as I could.

I know my body is protesting, but I cannot afford to rest. I have no idea how long I ran or the last time I slept. Every single part of my body cell is shouting for attention. They are tired of this , and so am I. Although my limbs refused to cooperate, I could care less about how the it feels. If I do give in, I will not even have the luxury to hold a debate with it other than ending up as a cold corpse.

As I hear them getting closer, I quickened my pace.

“Rudolph, come out come out wherever you are ~, “Roberto said with a mocking tone while I scoffed under my breath.

“You know, this is hilarious. A big bad mafia boss is hiding away from me. I am sure your parents will be so proud of you.” He roared in laughter.

I clenched my fists so hard that I can feel blood streaming down my fingers. That did not make the pain go away. It only heightens my negative emotions and reminded me the state I am in.

One of my close men decided to betray me. I sure as hell will deal with that. Right after I get myself out of this mess.

“So is this how it going to be? You hiding in fear.” He taunted.

“I did not know the Romanovs raised their kid to be a coward and you definitely live up to it.”

I rolled my eyes at his weak attempts at getting me out of the hiding spot.

I am not that stupid enough to serve myself on a silver platter just based on these silly words of him. Oh, he did rifle me up alright. Then again, I am outnumbered, and my current number one priority is to survive. I would not let him use my emotions against me. I can’t let that happened. I will not allow it.

Suddenly, I feel someone approaching me. Before I could even react, a muscular arm grabbed my injured shoulder with so much force that I hissed in pain. The man shoved both of my arms to the back as he tied them with ropes. I stayed rigid in the spot as there is no use to struggle. I rather save the energy for later use.

Roberto came to sight as he chuckled darkly, “My my, who knows the mighty Rudolph Romanov would land in my hands?”

“There is so many things I want to do with you” He rubbed his hands together as his eyes sparkled in excitement as if a child who won the huge lollipop at a candy store.

On the other hand, I observed the surroundings around me and started to plan my escape route. There are approximately 20 men, spreading out at different parts of the woods. I took a quick glimpse to spot the areas; the most and least guarded. Then, I calculated my moves to take them out.

“First thing first, where is it?” Roberto grabbed my chin and pulled it towards him.

“Hell,” I spat my saliva at him which marks the beginning of the plan. With no hesitation, I dislocate my fingers to free myself.

“Shoot him! He will not leave this place. Alive or dead!” Roberto panicked as he started to bark around and give orders.

Gunshots were fired while I the muscular man forward. Sensing that he was of no use to me, I took his rifle and threw his dead body to God knows where. More and more bullets were exchanged while I charged at them for one sole purpose.

To kill.

One by one, the body pile accumulated as my body craved for even more. All I could see is red. After ensuring Roberto has no one left to protect him, I made my way towards. My lips twitched up sadistically, a clear signal that it would not be an easy death for him.

Roberto’s eyes widened in fear as he quickly gets on his two knees. He begged and begged “I have a family to feed. They need me alive. I was just following orders. Please... Please… Please…”

“Spare me” He pleaded non-stop. Hearing those words coming out from his mouth only agitates me more. It brought nothing but more torture for him. For starters, I am going to cut off his tongue so he can shut the up.

Using my bare hands, I plucked his tongue out with no remorse. At the exact same moment, the sound of a few bullets along with a body thumping onto the ground was heard.

 

“I bet you did not see that coming.”

 

It was the last sentence I managed to grasp on before falling into the darkness.

 

I guess this is how I spent the last day of my life.

 

Parisa’s POV

Perfect. The word that I can use to describe my life. A boyfriend and acting best friend who loves me unconditionally along with parents who support me no matter what. From young till now, I have no issues getting along with people. In fact, I am always the popular girl in school who is well-liked by everyone. I did not go through any bullying or suffer from anything drastic. I have not deal with anything extraordinary or dramatic. No problems with school, boyfriend and family. It was a smooth ride for me. Though my whole life is nothing but normal, I am surrounded with positive emotions and many many loves.

At this current phase of my life, I had just completed my medical residency and received approval to proceed on. All I need is to pass one more level, and I can become an official doctor.  

To congratulate me, my boyfriend, Jack, has surprised me by bringing me out on a road trip. We ended up in one of his villa house that is in a deserted area. There were no networks or connections. Several houses scattered around but according to my boyfriend, no one was living in it. I don’t see any nearby malls or cafes other than a huge grass field in front of the villa. Nothing is here besides nature. Trees, leaf and mountains. I heard from Jack that there is a beautiful waterfall at the back of his villa which we could check it out later.  

As I was preparing the food, Jack hugged me sideways and murmured, “You smell as good as the food.”

He looks like a typical boy. Trimmed brown hair, lean and tall.

“Mhmm” I replied, feeling rather distracted with his manhood grinding against my back. It is funny how I do not feel aroused. People say that humping and grinding can make one feel the pleasure. However, all I felt was discomfort and disgust. Since he is my boyfriend, I do not have the heart to ask him to stop. I simply cannot bear the thought of me hurting his feelings. My legs stay put as I let him continued whatever act he wants to.

Jack slid his hands further down and caress my . I grimaced inwardly and said, “My parents are going to be here in any minute.”

“So? It’s normal for couples to do things like this” He responded as his fingers found its way to my inner thigh.

“Jack, we should wait.” My palms collided with his chest, a sign that asks him to stop.

“But why? We have been together for almost 2 years.” He stated as his fingers went higher and higher. Clearly, he has no intentions to stop.  

As I was contemplating how should I refrain this from happening, I was saved by the bell.

“Darling, we are here!” My lovely mother announced her arrival.

“Coming!” I yelled back and pretended to look apologetic towards Jack.

He sighed in annoyance and said, “Stay here and continue your cooking. I will go get the door.”

I mumbled back a quick thank you as he released me from his hold and went to greet my parents. For a moment, I felt relief.

During dinner, we kept the conversation light and consumed ourselves in the food I prepared. I frowned at the many awkward silences today. Generally, we will be talking to our heart’s contents and laughing at the joke Jack said. Is there something with the food I cooked?

I brought up my spoon and take a sniff of the yellow pea.

It did not smell bad.

Then, why are they so awfully quiet?

As I saw Jack stands up abruptly, I begin to ask, “Is there something wrong with the – oh my god.”

I cannot believe the sight in front of me. My boyfriend kneeled and took out a black ring box while my jaws dropped in shock. Is he going to propose?

He cleared his throat and said, “Parisa Lowell, the girl I have been crushing on since I was in the nursery. I never had the balls to confess my feelings towards you. Two years ago, I finally mustered up the courage to date you and never did I expect you to say yes. Heck, I would never dare to think that we can last for this long. Every day, I told myself to find ways to make you fall for me. Yet it was me who falls for you over and over again.

You’re a lovable person. Someone who is hard to hate. You’re kind, intelligent and lovely. God, you’re basically the most perfect woman I ever come across. I know we are a little too young to be considering marriage, but I am selfish. I do not want any other guys to have a shot with you. You’re the most important person in my universe.

Today, I have invited your parents over to witness this because I know how important they are towards you. I even got their approval for this proposal, and all I need from you is a nod. I love you, Parisa Lowell. Will you be my fiancée?”

I blinked my eyes several times, trying to digest what just happened. Sure. Jack is the type of boyfriend everyone hopes for. He is the Prince Charming in every girl’s fantasy. He is a fantastic lover, always so understanding, considerate and nice. Throughout my time with him, I never see him lost his temper or raise his voice at me. We never fight at all. He makes me feel peaceful, safe and dependent on him. He will be the best husband of the year.

But why my tongue couldn’t utter the word nor my head is willing to move?

Though I never felt the deep connections I had with him, I still like him. I care about his well-being a lot, and that’s love, right?

 “I...I…” I am at loss of words. This is all happening too fast. Both my brain and heart cannot process this.

 “It’s okay if you reject me. I will understand.” Jack’s voice sounded strained as he stared at me with his tears threatening to drop.

I am bothered by his tone as I do not wish to upset him. I want him to be as happy as me, and that’s love, right?  

“Sweetheart, are you too happy to say yes?” My mother prompted while I am still in a daze mode.

I know my parents already treated Jack as their own son. The way their eyes asking me to say yes made me feel guilty. I wanted my parents and Jack to be pleased with me. That’s love, right?  

All of them are important to me. I do not want them to be disappointed.

Deciding to not upset them any further, I ignored my doubts and fears as I replied with the word they are dying to hear for.

Y-es” I choked out. A word that holds many different definitions.

To them, it is pure bliss, and I should feel this way too. But why do I feel disturbed and in pain? A proposal typically makes a girl feel jubilant and all I felt was emptiness. Is it wrong for me to feel bad about not being happy with it?

“Congratulations, you’re a grown up now!” My father cheered while my mother squealed in delight. Jack s his arms around my waist as he peck my lips.

“Thank you for saying yes. You made me the happiest man alive.” He mumbled in between the kisses and I forced a smile.

At least all of them are satisfied.

 

Three against one.  

 

A maths problem which everyone knows the outcome.

 

It should be worth it.