「5: The Euphoria in Being Yours」

{EDITING HIATUS} Dancing Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day of the dancing competition. You were wringing your hands nervously and your eyes darted around, surveying the participants. They all looked so professional dressed up with matching team outfits while you and Hoseok only dressed casually.

Looking down at your simple white tee and a flannel jacket wrapped around black leggings, you can't help but sigh. Hoseok noticed and he turned around, hands placed on your shoulders. You were startled and looked at him, your eyes wide in surprise.

"We'll make it." He said suddenly, and in that instance he looked like he was convincing himself too. You can't help but burst into laughter seeing him behaving like that. The Hoseok you knew ain't that nervous. You smiled and looked into his eyes.

"I know we'll."

Somehow Hoseok's actions managed to draw away your nervousness and you were secretly thankful. You can't help but question the look in his eyes when he said that. There was something else other than determination in there. Something warm and fuzzy..like love?

You shook your head in denial. How would Hoseok be interested in a girl like you? His ideal type that he once pointed out to you looked much more prettier than you, and had more confidence in herself. You were the exact opposite. It might have hurt your pride to admit this, but it's the harsh reality. You snapped out of your thoughts when you felt yourself being tugged forward.

"Hurry, we are on next! Let's go to the standby area." Hoseok urged as he pulled your arm along. You can't help but let a small smile slip. He was holding your arm voluntarily. Your cheeks were heating up but you didn't care, choosing to focus on that moment of physical contact with Hoseok. Hoseok dragged you along a few corridors before stopping. You knocked into him as you weren't paying attention to where you're going.

"Are you alright?" Hoseok turned back and looked around for any possible injuries. You nodded wordlessly, not trusting your voice. That sudden close contact will definitely make you stammer if you spoke... A staff hurried over and signalled for you and Hoseok to go on. You shuffled behind Hoseok, getting your mind into dancing mode. Let's do this well! You internally cheered and put a smile on your face.

"Oh, twirl a full round at the ending." Hoseok blurted all of a sudden before I stepped onto the stage. You just absentmindedly nodded at his words. Just do what he says, and he won't bother me much..since I had my fair share of heart attacks today. You eyed Hoseok, quickly raking your eyes down his figure. A white tank top paired with jeans and boots - a simple yet stylish casual outfit. He also placed a snapback on his head, with the rim turned backwards. In essence, he oozed charm and appeal. You turned away again, feeling yours starting to grow hot. Get a grip!

Soon, they announced you and Hoseok's name. Both of you went up to the stage and bowed to the judges. Cheers came from the fans of Hoseok and soon murmurings came when they registered you. Looks of disgust and suspicion made you wilt a little inside. Shaking your head, you introduced yourself when Hoseok passed you the mic.

"Hello! My name is Y/N. We'll be putting up a dance routine based on the tracks, MAMA and First Love. This song is produced by J-Hope and Suga respectively, in which both are famous underground rappers and producers. Please enjoy this!" You ran to the side of the stage to pass the mic to the staff and waited for your turn. The song started with trumpet sounds which Hoseok popped along to, garnering screams and whistles of approval.

Drum beats started and he did a back step. His hands went out into a flying motion and he hopped on one foot to the right. Closing in on himself, he slightly swayed while you entered. Tapping his shoulders, he looked out and drew onto a full blown grin. Taking your hand, both of you ran for a while before stopping. You started walking away as he slowly followed, a pained smile on his face. Placing his head in his hands, he popped for a while and then drew to a stop. Laying down on the floor, he arched his back as the melody switched to a piano

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter