Chapter 3 - Another Way

Mafia's Best • EXO

Chapter 3 - Another way

June 2015, Seoul

Luhan and Kris breathed heavily. Kris was driving the car, his muscles and bones aching. He concentrated on the road and tried to avoid seeing the scared look on Luhan's face.

Luhan trembled. His arms were bruised and his legs hurt. His eyes were wide and mouth was almost hanging open. He was deep in thought. He tried comprehending what happened just minutes ago.

When they reached Kris' house he snapped in reality and cleared his throat. Kris looked over at him and frowned.

"Can you tell me. . . What the just happened?"

Kris sighed. "C'mon. Let's get inside first."

When the two cleaned themselves up they sat in the living room. Luhan impatiently tapped his foot on the floor as Kris stared into space.

"I'm part of mafia." Kris blurted out suddenly.

Luhan's eyes widened and his mouth hung open once again. He blinked couple of times as if trying to wake up. He then waited a couple of moments to see his friend grin and say that it was a joke. But no. Kris' face was serious.

Luhan gulped. "You - You're joking. . . Right?"

Kris looked his friend in the eyes and said again: "I am part of the mafia."

Luhan went silent for a couple of minutes.

"Are you gonna. . . Kill me now?"

"I don't want to."

"Is there another way?"

"Yes."

"What?"

Kris gulped. "You'd have to join."

Luhan clapped his hands together. "It's settled then."

"No! Do you not understand in what kind of danger you're getting yourself into! You can die!"

"You think that scares me? Do you not think that maybe I want to help you? To be with you? Kris. You're my everything. You're my brother. You were there for me when I needed you. Just. . . Just let me be with you on this one."

Kris was silent.

Luhan nodded in approval. "Now. Where do I sign?" He said a little jokingly.

"I don't have my own mafia. When my father . . . I was left with those people. I don't want to be part of their mafia."

"Then we make our own."

"Luhan. . . That is actually a great idea."

"I know. Where do we start?"