Prince Jimin Falls as Prince Bogum Discovers

마법사와 왕자(The Sorceress and The Prince)

Bogum was running fast as a lot of thought was running across his mind as well. Who was that girl? What do those supernaturals mean when they said about war?

"There you are!" Taehyung exclaimed as he blocked Bogum, causing the two to collide and go down on the ground. 

"Yah, get off me," Taehyung said, pushing Bogum with his powers to cause him to fly a bit.

Bogum landed on his feet and said, "Come with me. Disappear and appear on the gates where we entered yesterday."

"Eh? Wae?" Taehyung asked.

Bogum went near Taehyung and said, "Just do it first. I'll explain once we get there."

Taehyung sighed and said, "Put your hand on my shoulder."

Bogum did so, and the two disappeared and appeared in front of the Palace gates facing Hanyang (modern-day Seoul). 

"Now, what happened?" Taehyung asked. 

 

Irene was still back in the forest; her sword was aimed at the palace secretary's neck that she was fighting with Bogum with awhile ago.

"Answer me," Irene commanded, "What are the supernaturals up to?"

The palace secretary said, "A lot are worried now. There is news of the Emperor assembling an army to go against the supernaturals tribes and clans in the mountains. The Pyeongyang clans are already forming armies, but are not moving because of you."

"Good decision," Irene commented, "But the Emperor is not foolish; he would not wage war to those he knows can defeat his army."

The palace secretary said, "You do not know the Palace, you witch. I know that it is not the Emperor. Ha, you would not understand Palace politics."

Irene put her blade closer to the secretary's throat and threatened, "Who is doing this?"

Suddenly, an arrow pierced through the back of the secretary. Irene turned around and saw no one, but felt magic was used. The palace secretary turned to ashes afterward. 

"This is more complicated than I thought," Irene said and disappeared after a flash of bright light. 

 

"This is not good," Taehyung said as he turned around and started to feel the Palace walls. 

"Mwohae?" Bogum asked.

Taehyung replied, "Hmm... The Palace is still under the protective spells and enchantments..."

A bright light flashed at their backs and they turned, ready to fight. However, they saw a woman wearing a hooded cloak covering her face with her sword aimed at Taehyung. 

"V-hakja?" the woman asked.

Taehyung was surprised as he knew who the girl was. "Irene-seonsaengnim?" the scholar asked.

Irene lowered her sword and said, "You were the one that the Emperor said to protect this prince? As RapMon is to the Crowned Prince?"

Taehyung nodded. However, Bogum cut Taehyung and said, "This prince?"

Irene said, "Prince Bogum, it's time for introductions. I am Irene, the so-called Sorceress by the supernaturals. I know it has been your past time to follow, train, and sometimes hunt them. You are very lucky you have not killed a single one of them. If you had, the war that everyone is saying that is coming would have come much sooner."

"So what hyung said is true then, seonsaengnim?" Taehyung asked Irene. He continued, "Hyung told me about what that goblin--"

"Goblin? That secretary is a goblin?" Bogum asked.

Irene answered, "There are a lot more things that you have to learn, Prince. Your father asked me to help you train if you want to."

Bogum immediately answered, "You have made my powers stronger. I do not want to be a pushover prince. I want to stay and survive the Palace, even if it means surviving through this curse that they gave me."

Irene said, "Your first lesson: finding me inside the Palace. Put this on my palm once you have identified me. If it disappears, that's me."

Irene threw a necklace towards Bogum and disappeared after a flash of bright light. 

 

The Emperor and Empress Boa were in the throne room, talking when a bright light flashed and Irene and the rest of Red Velvet members appeared.

"Pyeha, Hwangho," Red Velvet greeted the two monarchs. 

Empress Boa was surprised. "Irene..." the Empress said. Irene saved the Empress before, which led her to meet the Emperor. 

"It has been a long time, Hwangho (Queen)," Irene greeted back, "However, this is not the time for chitchat. Pyeha, we have just learned that the supernaturals are assembling armies at the premise that you are assembling yours against them."

"I would never do such stupidity!" the Emperor said angrily. He continued, "From whom did you learn about this?"

Irene answered, "A palace secretary who turned out to be a boss of a goblin tribe. However, he said that someone inside the Palace is just using your name, or the Palace's name, to assemble their army."

Empress Boa said, "Who would do such a thing?"

The Emperor replied, "I have an idea, but I cannot pinpoint first."

Irene then said, "Give this job to Prince Bogum. I am sure that by this morning he will ask you a lot of questions."

 

Irene and Seulgi appeared at Seulgi's room, but they were surprised when Prince Jimin was there, waiting.

"Wangjanim..." Seulgi said. 

Prince Jimin looked calm, but his voice was struggling when he asked, "Where have you been? Lady Soyou has been worried."

Irene said, "You would not believe where we have been, Jimin-wangjanim. Let Seulgi rest."

Prince Jimin was surprised at the authority in Irene's voice. "Will you be the one accountable to Lady Soyou, Joohyun?" Prince Jimin asked. 

Irene went close to Prince Jimin's face and said, "Yes. I am, and will always be, accountable for Seulgi, wangjanim. There are things that you are allowed to know and are not allowed to know."

Prince Jimin was surprised, more on Irene's beauty. Why is my heart beating fast? What is this? Prince Jimin asked himself. The Prince stepped back, cleared his throat, and went out of the room. 

"Unnie! He is a prince!" Seulgi exclaimed. 

Irene said, "I am the sister of the founder of Goguryeo, Seulgi. I am also a monarch, technically." She said with a smile at the end.

 

"You do know that you cannot just barge in at the Emperor's quarters!" Taehyung said as he followed Bogum to the Emperor's quarters. 

Bogum did not listen and continued walking, and he met Empress Kahi. Bogum was startled but bowed. 

Empress Kahi did not even acknowledge the Prince and just continued walking. Taehyung said, "Hey...Is the Empress blind?"

Prince Bogum looked back to his mother before walking towards the Emperor's quarters once more. Yet, however, the Head Eunuch was there already to meet the Prince. 

"Wangjanim, the Emperor asks everyone to let him rest," RapMon-sangseon said.

"I need to see him," Prince Bogum said.

RapMon-sangseon answered, "It is his royal decree. I apologize but I cannot allow you."

Taehyung finally caught up with Prince Bogum and said, "Why do you want to talk to him?"

Prince Bogum just said, "If not the Emperor, then Jin-jeongyoon."

 

Prince Jimin was pacing back and forth outside Seulgi's quarters. Irene stepped out and saw the Prince pacing back and forth. When their eyes met, Irene bowed and started to walk away. The Prince then went immediately in front of Irene and said, "Chakkaman (wait)."

"Ne, wangjanim," Irene said, looking straight at Prince Jimin's eyes. 

"Do you know that looking back at a prince will cost you your life?" Prince Jimin asked out of the dizziness of seeing Irene too close. Why am I feeling this way? Why is it...Heart fluttering? Jimin thought to himself.

Irene cleared and said, "Wangjanim? I need to rest as well."

Jimin became conscious again and said, "Ku...Kureom."

Irene bowed back and started to walk away. Prince Jimin kept looking at Irene and said loudly, "Joohyun-ah."

"Ne, wangjanim?" Irene said as she looked back.

"Darawa (Follow me)," Prince Jimin said as he started to walk fast, passing by Irene. Irene thought that she is not that tired, and followed the prince. Prince Jimin led Irene to the storage house and, once there, the Prince said, "I have a gift for you." 

"Ne? For me?" Irene said, shocked. She might have lived for a long time for now, but no one other guy than her father and her brother has given her gifts. 

The Prince went inside to get a box wrapped in a cloth. "Take this," the Prince said.

Irene got it and asked, "Kamsahamnida, wangjanim. What is this?"

Prince Jimin smiled and said, "Seulgi told me that you are good at making binu (soap)...Though I do not know what that is, Seulgi told me that you would need herbs for that, so I got that for you."

Irene, sincerely touched said, "Kamsahamnida, wangjanim! It would help me and Lady Soyou..."

The two looked at each other again. What is that look at his face? Is he that happy that I am happy with his gift? Irene thought.

I'm sorry...But I hope you like that, Joohyun...I... Prince Jimin's thought was cut when Irene spoke, "I need to go know wangjanim."

The Prince just nodded and let Irene walked away.

"I'm screwed...I like her," the Prince said to himself. 

 

The following morning, Irene and Seulgi were walking towards Damiwon, the two were talking very seriously about the goblins that they encountered that Seulgi did not notice Prince Yoojung was actually going towards them. Seulgi then bumped to the Princess.

"Joesonghamnida, gongjunim!" Seulgi said as she tried to help Princess Yoojung get up, but she fell again. Irene hid her hands and waved it a bit, to cause Yoojung to bolt up. 

"You! Can you watch where you are looking at?!" Princess Yoojung shouted.

Irene intervened, "Gongjunim, she said sorry. It was an accident."

"Stay out of this peasant," Princess Yoojung snapped at Irene. The Princess was about to hit Seulgi but Irene went immediately in between them, causing the Princess to slap Irene instead of Seulgi. 

"Ha, you deserve it for intervening," the Princess said as she was about to push Irene, "Let me teach her a lesson."

 

The encounter was being watched already by Prince Suga and Prince J-Hope. "Hyungnim," Prince J-Hope said to Prince Suga, "Won't you stop Yoojung?"

"I am intrigued by that Joohyun," Prince Suga said, "I heard that some servants in Jimin's household heard that that girl answered Jimin."

Prince J-Hope looked surprised as the two princes continued to watch. On the other side, Prince Jimin with Lady Soyou and Prince Jungkook saw the moment when Yoojung slapped Irene. 

"What the..." Jimin said in shock.

"Aigoo, nuyi (noona in the old Korean language) is at it again," Prince Jungkook said.

Lady Soyou sounded scared, "I think she was about to hit Seulgi!"

The three started to walk towards them but stopped because of what they saw next. However, they kept on walking towards them afterward. 

 

As Irene did not move, Princess Yoojung's arm was stopped by Prince Bogum. 

"So it is true," Prince Bogum said, "You still hit the who are weaker than you."

Princess Yoojung was shocked; it was Prince Bogum, her childhood crush. "Wa...Wangjanim," Yoojung said as she bowed. 

Prince Bogum said to Irene and Seulgi, "Go before I change my mind."

Irene and Seulgi bowed but was called by Lady Soyou. "Seulgi, Joohyun!" Lady Soyou called. 

Prince Jimin, Prince Jungkook and Lady Soyou finally arrived at where they were. Prince Jimin said angrily to his sister, "Yoojung, you can't just hit people!"

"That rat bumped at me, hwaraboni (oppa in the old Korean language)!" Princess Yoojung answered her brother. 

While the exchange was happening, Bogum placed something on Irene's palm; it was the necklace. As the necklace touched Irene's skills, it vanished.

As Prince Bogum looked shocked, Irene looked at him and said, "만나셔서 반갑습니다, 보검-왕자님 (Nice to meet you, Prince Bogum)."