One

Open up to me

Baekhyun was waiting for Kyungsoo’s arrival.

 

His family had invited the the rest of the relatives to witness their solemnisation. There was not much of relatives as Baekhyun did not have that many of them and Kyungsoo’s relatives were mostly in Japan.

 

He could see those relatives gradually strolling into the venue and he felt uneasy about it.

 

Was that what he really wanted?

 

Baekhyun thought everything was progressing too fast and he felt as if he had no control of it. He could say the happy smiles on his parents face as they talked to the rest of the family members.

 

The sense of uneasiness really got him so bad that he wanted to called it off.

He did not even planned it from the start.

 

His parents told him it was time to consider a life long partner. He did.

 

His parents told him that it was the time to settled down. He did.

 

His parents told him that that day was an auspicious day to register for the marriage. He did.

 

But deep down, he was hesitant.

Was all these what he wanted?

 

Baekhyun could not find the answer.

 

He gazed around and finally his gaze landed on his childhood friend, Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol was laughing.

Laughing hysterically, that all the facial features scrunched towards the center of the face.

 

And that brought a smile on Baekhyun’s face.

 

Chanyeol was a friend he truly cherished.

There were times Baekhyun thought that he could gave up on everything, just to let Chanyeol happy.

 

Was that love?

Baekhyun had no idea.

 

All he knew was that it was always so comfortable around Chanyeol. Cuddling with Chanyeol during rainy days were always made him feel so warm inside.

 

Friends.

 

We are friends.

 

His gaze lingered on Chanyeol, until he realised Chanyeol was looking back at him.

He saw Chanyeol flashing his usual thousand watt smile and walked towards him.

 

One step, two step.

 

Each step closer made Baehyun felt the butterflies in his stomach.

Chanyeol was gorgeous looking and nothing deny Chanyeol’s beauty.

 

“Hey,”

Chanyeol greeted, taking out his hand.

“Congrats on your union with Kyungsoo.”

 

Baekhyun wanted to say thank you but he found it hard to even enunciate the words out from his tongue.

A sudden pang of regret hit him.

 

He really wanted to call off that solemnisation.

 

“Thank you.”

A hand grabbed on Chanyeol’s and gave Chanyeol a firm handshake.

 

Baekhyun turned around and that it was Kyungsoo and at that moment, he missed the pained expression on Chanyeol’s face.

 

“H...Hi”

Chanyeol greeted.

 

“Thank you for coming.”

Kyungsoo said as he gave a small smile.

“And thank you for your blessing.”

 

Chanyeol just nodded his head and walk away.

 

“You’re late.”

Baekhyun said softly as his gaze followed Chanyeol.

 

“Sorry, caught up in the traffic.”

Kyungsoo loosened his tie and the button by the collar.

“Let’s talk.”

 

Upon saying that, Kyungsoo grabbed Baekhyun by the hand and dragged Baekhyun out of the garden where the solemnisation was held.

 

“Kyungsoo, what are you doing?”

Baekhyun asked as he tried to get off from Kyungsoo’s grip.

“The solemnisation was about to start!”

 

“Look,”

Kyungsoo came to a stop. They were a few metres away from the entrance of the venue.

“Do you really want this?”

 

The question caught Baekhyun by surprised.

“....What do you mean?”

 

“Baekhyun…. I know… i know all along.”

Kyungsoo said as his gaze softened.

“You don't like me at all.”

 

Baekhyun felt a lump on his throat. That was the truth that he kept running away from.

“Kyung..Kyungsoo…”

 

“Admit it. You wanted to call this off.”

Kyungsoo let go off Baekhyun’s hand.

“Our union would only bring regrets to the rest of our lives….”

 

That’s right.

Baekhyun knew that deep down in his heart.

 

“...and that’s why i did not tell my relatives to come today…”

Kyungsoo’s words made Baekhyun shocked and he then just realised that indeed, he did not see any of Kyungsoo’s family members.

 

“Baekhyun, i meant it well.”

Kyungsoo took Baekhyun’s hands by two hands.

“Go. Go find your happiness.”

 

Baekhyun felt as if a rock just lifted off from his chest and never felt so relief ever in his life.

 

“Just tell your parents that I ran off.”

Kyungsoo said as he smiled.

“All the best for your future endeavours.”

 

With that, Kyungsoo let go of Baekhyun’s hand.

“Tell Chanyeol that punk that he owed me one.”

 

Baekhyun was puzzled by Kyungsoo’s words and all he could do was to stand rooted to the ground and watched Kyungsoo ran off. His mind was too occupied with all those overwhelming events that his brain could not function well.

 

When he was back to his senses, Kyungsoo was long gone.

 

“, what am i supposed to do?”

Baekhyun started to panic.

 

The event was still on going! He could not possibly called it off now as most of his relatives had arrived and he knew his parents would not take the news calmly.

 

He tried to calm himself down and started walking back to the venue.

Baekhyun, think hard…

 

He tried to find a solution but he could not think of any.

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun turned around and saw Chanyeol frowning.

 

“What’s the matter?”

Chanyeol asked, looking worried.

 

Baekhyun did not know where to start as he furrowed his brows.

All he could say was that Kyungsoo had ran off, like what Kyungsoo told him to say.

 

Chanyeol looked at him in disbelief.

“...You gotta be kidding me right?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head.

 

Chanyeol covered his mouth and looked around. There was really no sign of Kyungsoo at all.

“What the hell?!  Kyungsoo couldn’t have done that.”

 

“It’s true…”

Baekhyun said, sounding forlorned.

“...I don't know what to do…”

 

He was indeed devastated. Never in his life he thought that he woudl face that kind of situation and nd suddenly, he got an idea.

 

“Chanyeol….”

Baekhyun asked.

 

“Yeah?”

Chanyeol frowned as he looked around for Kyungsoo. Chanyeol could not believe Kyungsoo just left Baekhyun behind. That was irresponsible for Kyungsoo to do that and the Kyungsoo he knew would not do that. The Kyungsoo he knew was a man of his word. Reliable, hardworking, a man with a bright future too.

 

And that was why Chanyeol was willing to retreat back to his position.

Being a friend of Baekhyun.

 

The one and only friend that Baekhyun would need whenever Baekhyun was feeling down or in trouble.

 

That bastard.

Chanyeol thought.

 

“...Would you help me out?”

Baekhyun asked.

 

“Yeah! Definitely!”

Chanyeol promised that he would be by Baekhyun’s side if Baekhyun faced any trouble.


 

But never in his life, Chanyeol would thought that he would hear the words he always hope to hear. The bomb dropped and he was not even prepared at all.

 

“...Please be my groom for today.”

Baekhyun pleaded.

 

After a long pause, Chanyeol finally said a word.

“Okay.”