02.

eu·pho·ri·a!
of hangover soup, breakfast & pink fairy
chapter 2

Saturday morning never really your favorite, because you had to wake up early even though you had no class that day. You let out a small sigh as you make your way to the stove with a bowl of soybean sprout in hand and spoon on the other hand. After pouring the bean sprouts onto the pot and add some salt, you place the pot lid then went back to dining room with a look.

“Why is it, when something horrible and drunk happens, it’s always you three?” You sit beside one of the boy, he had been complaining about his headache since you came to the kitchen.

The boy turns to you with a scowl. “It’s all Soonyoung hyung’s fault, he told us we won’t party too hard last night. I shouldn’t have believes him, it’s always end up like this. Oh gosh, I feel like my head gonna explode soon.”

“Yeah right, just, take off your sunglasses, Boo. We’re in a room right now,” You roll your eyes as you stares at the said boy. You don’t even want to know what the hell he did last night to have all those colorful glitter on his clothes and even on his hair. Boo Seungkwan is a little dramatic but a fun friend, although you’re more often see him annoy the other boys most of the time with his sarcasm and dramatic acts.

“Ugh. Now, you blame me,” The boy sit across you let out a groan as he pull his hair, an attempt to get rid the headache, as he tilts his head to the side you could see a hickey on his neck. It’s quite big, and easy to spot. You gasp at the view then shake your head in disbelief. As to what Seungkwan often says, Kwon Soonyoung is a bit dangerous guy and very mischievous hyung. At first, you don’t really understand what he meant, but after a while you finally understand. The boy spends most of his weekend partying and went back with either hickey mark, lipstick smear on his shirt and smell of women perfume. You’re glad that he never brings any girl to the dorm because you don’t want to guess what will happen next if that happens.

You roll your eyes, “Pulling your hair won’t cure you headache, Soonyoung. Stop it before you end up having no hair.”

“Call me Hoshi!” Soonyoung grumble as he stares at you with a look which you decided to ignore it and turn to the other guy beside you.

“Did you had another fight again last night, Seokmin? Who is it now? The bartender or the security?” You question the boy who laugh awkwardly in return, the corner of his mouth is bleeding and there’s a trace that he got nosebleed before.

“Nah, he fell on his face when he tried to dance on the pole,” Seungkwan said with a laugh as he remembers the funny scene, which earns glares from the said boy.

You stares at Seokmin for a moment before he finally open his mouth, “Well, I don’t expect myself to be that drunk and lost my balance.” He reason then smile brightly at you. Lee Seokmin is a sunshine but often doing something weird. You admit that you enjoy his company since he never bore you but his never ending energy makes you wonder why he never seems tired.

You let out a big sigh as you get up from your seat then walk back to the kitchen, turning off the stove then pouring the soup into three bowls. You walk towards the dining room then place the bowls in front of the boys. “Eat this hangover soup. You all need this.”

“As expected, you’re our saviour. Thank you~” Seokmin beams at you then quickly tries the soup with content smile.

“I must say, although your baking skill , your cooking skill is another story.”

You glare at Seungkwan who casually compliment your cooking while insult your baking skill. “Just eat your soup, Boo. Why do you still wear that sunglasses anyway?”

Soonyoung place his spoon on the table, already finish his soup. “Don’t ask him. He will say something like he looks awesome with it or something along the line.”

“Well, I do look awesome in this.”

“Whatever.”

You turn toward the door when you hear a whistle, a boy leaning on the doorway with a smile on his face. He come closer to the table then shoot a charming smile at your way, which you only manage to reply with a small chuckle. “I always knew you’re such a girlfriend material. Look at you, waking up early just to cook for these pitiful fools. Just date me already, stop playing hard to get.”

Before you could say anything, Seungkwan already beat you with an offended look on his face. “Well, she probably didn’t playing hard to get. You are just not a boyfriend material at all. Why would she date someone like you, Mingyu.” The younger boy rolls his eyes as he takes a sip on his drink.

Soonyoung who seems haven’t recovered from his headache, scoff at Mingyu. “Pitiful fools? I hope you know that I’m older than you and that’s rude to say.”

“Woah, hyung. I think you had too much drink there. You’re too grumpy right now.” Mingyu chuckled then make his way toward the kitchen, he start preparing for breakfast. You look at his back for a moment before finally approach him. Kim Mingyu is a total flirt, he dates so many girls but he’s a good guy though. Not to mention, his cooking is so good that’s why he’s often make breakfast and dinner. He openly flirting with you from time to time but you never really took it seriously and kind of ignores it, but you still think he’s not as dangerous as some boys in the dorm.

Sensing your presence, he turns to you with a smile. “So, what’s menu for today?” You ask with a smile.

“Since I’m quite lazy right now and I know that you don’t feel like eating rice this morning, let’s just make toast and fried eggs, shall we?”

You grin at him, a little amazes that he knows you don’t want having rice this morning. “Okay. But, I don’t think Jihoon and Minghao would be happy with this menu though.”

Mingyu taps his chin then grins, he get closer and bend down to whisper something to you. You’re a bit surprised at the sudden closeness but just freeze and listen to what he says. “Well, we can add fruits and some sugar for Minghao’s, and make black coffee for Jihoon. That way they won’t complain at all.”

He went back to preparing the food as you open the refrigerator to take out some fruits, milk and juices. You start slices the strawberries when a voice behind you interrupt what you’re doing. “Are we going to have just fruits as our breakfast? Really?”

You turn around then hit the boy’s forehead with a spoon lightly. “No, we’re not, Chan. Now, how about instead just standing here, you go upstairs and wake up the other boys, hm?”

The boy’s face turns sour as he’s ready to complain, “Why, oh why is it always me being told what to do? Being the youngest really .” You shake your head at his answer. Lee Chan is the youngest and he’s a bit whiny. Maybe it’s because he has lots of complains regarding the other boys who loves to ordering him around. You often find his whines to be cute though since in the end he will do what he was told even after all complains he had said.

“It’s because you’re the only one available here right now, Chan. Not because you’re the youngest.” You reply with an amused smile.

Chan look around then nods his head. “Well, yeah, those three won’t be any help right now.” He turn around and walk out from the room after commenting how the three boys need to take a shower because the dining room start to smell like alcohol. He only got negative response from the three boys though.

You hear voices on the hallway coming closer, that’s when you quickly continue slicing the fruits. Four boys walk in the room as they come to the kitchen to get a drink, you feel tense up when a certain boy stand behind you –trying to look what you’re doing.

“Hey, what’s the menu for today?” He asks in that deep voice which you always find to be charming.

You quickly turn to him, eyes not looking at him at all. “It’s just toast and fried eggs. Hope you don’t mind it.”

“I guess you don’t feel like eating rice this morning, hm?” You start to wonder how both him and Mingyu could guess it right.

You stare at him for a moment then smile awkwardly, “Yeah.”

“Seriously, your little crush on Wonwoo hyung is showing too much. Stop smiling shyly like that.” Seungkwan retort from the dining room with a shudder, the new fact surprise the boy beside him as he choke on his drink.

“What? She has a crush on Wonwoo hyung?! Since when?”

You quickly throw annoying glance toward the uncaring Seungkwan. “No, Hansol. I don’t have a crush on Wonwoo, right?” You turn to the boy in front of you with a hopeful gaze, you don’t want people on the dorm to think that you actually has a crush on him.

Wonwoo reply your pleading eyes with a small chuckle as he went back to the dining room. “Yeah. We’re actually childhood friends, Hansol. She’s actually being soawkward around me right now because it’s been a long time since we meet again.” Jeon Wonwoo is a dependable childhood friend. You met him when you’re still 6 years old and become close friends for six years until you had to move. When you find out that he’s the Jeon Wonwoo you knew 10 years ago, you’re quite surprise but also feel happy. However, even after spending 3 weeks at the dorm, you still don’t know how to behave normally around him. You just feel awkward and don’t know what to do since he’s a bit different from before, he’s much calmer and cool.

You can see his statement disappoints Seungkwan since you know that boy was hoping for another story –so he could make juicy gossip out of it.

“If she does has a crush on me, she wouldn’t act like that at all. She’s quite aggressive if she has someone she likes, she will make sure to get her prey.” The sudden comment made you quickly look at the boy with shock paints on your face. It seems like he’s still the Jeon Wonwoo that you know. The annoying Jeon Wonwoo.

Seungkwan give a meaningful glance toward your way at the newfound fact while Seokmin whistle with playful grin plaster on his face. You are sure you hear Mingyu almost drop the pan and Hansol choke on his drink again.

“I like aggressive girl,” Soonyoung comment nonchalantly while looking at you. You don’t understand the meaning behind that look, but it makes you feel in danger.

“Ya! Stop lying, Jeon Wonwoo. The boys will think it’s true.” You glare at the said boy as he only replies with a shrug.

“I already think it’s true,” Hansol says quietly which make you let out a big sigh. You could say that Chwe Hansol is quite innocent as he often believes things as he told to, he’s also quite blunt about his opinion though. You’re not really close with him as you find it’s hard to talk with him since he’s a bit introverted. You often find his expression when react to something to be funny though.

“I don’t think ____ is that type of girl,” The boy with long hair –who had been awfully quiet, says as he yawn and went back to try take a nap while leaning on the chair.

The boy beside him nods his head, “I agree with Jeonghan. Beside, you can’t comment about a girl like that, Wonwoo.”

“Anyway, you three, you had been going out again last night, right? You guys reeks of alcohol.” Jeonghan pinch his nose as he stares at the three boys who quickly avoid his gaze. “Well, it’s decided then. You three will be the one who do the dishes later. It will help you to sober up.” He continues with smile, you could hear the complaints from the three boys but you already know that in the end they will do what they told to do. As far as you know, no one never fight back Yoon Jeonghan, he’s kind of manipulative as he often orders people what to do at the dorm. However, aside of that you find him to be really carefree and it’s easy to get closer with him as he’s caring. You just think maybe he just don’t like to do many works thus giving it to the others.

As you went back to prepare the breakfast with Mingyu, someone approach the two of you. “Hey, is there anything I can help you with?”

“Just sit at the dining table already help me so much, Jisoo hyung. You ruin my moment with my girlfriend,” Mingyu reply which you quickly answer with a light hit on his arm.

“Don’t listen to him. How about help us to set up the table? The food is almost ready.”

He nods his head as he start to set up the table and help you to place the food on the table. Out of all people living at the dorm, Hong Jisoo is the one you feel the most normal, the most kind and such a gentleman. Having him around often make you feel reassure with his presence, most of the time he’s the one who will stop the boys from doing stupid things and also told the boys off when they try to tease or flirting with you. He’s just like an older brother you always wish to have.

When you are still preparing the table with Jisoo, Chan walk into the room together with someone. Before you could ask him the question, he already beat you as he quickly speak, “Don’t blame me. I only manage bring Minghao hyung. Well, I already told Jun hyung and Seungcheol hyung to come for breakfast, they said okay. As for Jihoon hyung… well, let’s just say I still want to live so I think it’s better not to bother the demon.”

“The pink fairy won’t be happy if he hears you just call him a demon,” Soonyoung grins at the boy as he hold up his phone –seem like he already record everything the young boy said.

Chan quickly look at his hyung with betrayed look on his face, silently begging not to give the record to Jihoon or hoping that Soonyoung only joking. “Please don’t, hyung.”

“I won’t give it to him,” Soonyong casually reply then he grins mischievously. “Not today. I will save it or later.”

Wonwoo shake his head at the scene. “Soonyoung and his hobby to collect things to use to blackmail people with it.”  

You approach Minghao who had been sitting on the chair beside Seokmin, his eyes glued to his phone as he scroll through whatever he open on his phone right now. “What’s the menu?” He suddenly ask as he look up from his phone to look around the table, he look quite unhappy but you quickly  clear your throat to get his attention. He looks at you blankly.

You quickly place his breakfast in front of him and you swear you could see the corner of his mouth turn upward as he hum when he saw the fruits and sugar on his toast. Not to mention you also make him a glass of warm milk. He tries to not smile brightly as he look up to you, “Thank you.” Xu Minghao is hard to read, he often says things bluntly and is really honest, sometimes can seem uncaring. But, at another moment, he seems so soft and sweet that made you confused. Both him and Soonyoung often make you wonder why they have such contrast personality in different moment.

As Mingyu place the last plate on the table, everyone went to their chair, ready for breakfast. “Where are Seungcheol, Jun and Jihoon?” Jeonghan asked as he picks up the fork and knife.

When you see no one going to call the other three, you get up from your seat. “I will call them.”

You walk toward the door near the stairs and knock it twice before open it, “Jun, the break— Oh god, I’m so sorry!” You feel your cheeks turning red as you close the door quickly and curse under your breath for being too careless.

Then you hear the sound of door being opens and slowly look up to see Jun smirking down at you while shaking his head. “This is already the third time you saw me shirtless. Are you sure you’re not planning this?”

You roll your eyes as you take a step back as he keep coming closer, you keep stepping back until your back hit the wall. You’re trapped now. “Well, I’m sorry, I thought you were sleeping and I’m not planning this!” You reply as you quickly kick him lightly in the shin which earning a groan from him as he back away. You quickly ran to upstairs, and let out a relief sigh as you confirm he isn’t follows you. Wen Junhui is a total player. According to Seungkwan, he always with different girl every day and never seems to take seriously about relationship. There was one time one of his girl barges into the dorm, crying and shouting about she don’t want to break up with him. But the boy seems so unfazed and just ignores the girl. In the end, Jisoo and Seungcheol had to calm her down –before Seungkwan or Jihoon could kick her off, and they take her home.

You walk toward the nearest bedroom –which is Seungcheol’s, knock it and wait for an answer, you don’t want what happen with Jun before happen again. As you got no response, you assume that the boy is still sleeping. So, you slowly open the door which is not locked and walk inside when you see nothing weird. The room was dark as you walk to the window and open the curtains, you can see the boy covers his body with thick blanket start to move at the sudden change of brightness.

“Wake up! Let’s have breakfast downstairs.”

No response.

Being the impatient person, you quickly yank the blanket away from him and poke him to wake up. Then you remember what Seungkwan said about Seungcheol’s sleeping habit, before you could back away from the sleeping boy, he grabs your hand and pulls you to the bed. You end up falling on his embrace as he hugs you tighter like you’re his teddy bear.

“Five more minutes,” He whispers in raspy voice.

When you’re still in high school, you always thought things like this only happen in drama, and you thought it was stupid because most of your friends find it to be heart fluttering. Well, as it’s happens to you right now, you did feel this is kind of heart fluttering especially the boy who hug you is as attractive as the actor you saw on drama. Choi Seungcheol is the oldest out of the boys which explains a lot why he’s always seems to be responsible for the boys’ crazy antics. After spending weeks at the dorm, you find him to be charming and attractive but can be a little clumsy sometimes. To be honest, girls in your major often say that he’s so boyfriend material and wonders why he doesn’t have a girlfriend.

Putting the ‘heart fluttering’ moment aside, you firmly push the sleeping boy off the bed which results a loud thud and groans from the boy. You heave a sigh as you get up from his bed, approaching Seungcheol who busy rubbing his sore head. Smiling apologetically, you didn’t think you push him that hard.

“That’s hurts, ____.” He mumbles under his breath as he tries to get up and make his way to the bathroom.

“I had to do that to stop you from hugging me. Seungkwan said it works all the time.”

Seungcheol stops at the bathroom door as he turns to look at you questioningly. “Did I hug you? Oh god, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know, it’s just my habit that— I’m so sorry.” He starts to panic and you quickly shake your head firmly.

“It’s okay. I’m just a bit surprised.”

There was a brief silence that you find to be awkward. You let out a nervous laugh as you quickly turn to exit his room. “Um, so yeah. The breakfast is ready, come downstairs.”

Before listening to his reply, you already close the door and sigh. ‘Well, that was awkward.

When you remember you had one more person to call for breakfast and that person is Jihoon, you stop on your track. Lee Jihoon is a demon in disguise of pink fairy –like what the other boys often says. The other boys seem to be rather scared or respect him and never piss him off, except Seungcheol, Soonyoung and Jeonghan maybe. He often spends most of his time on his room, working on his assignments or other things and doesn’t like to be interrupted. From what you heard he’s studying on music major and has a passion for composing which explain why he always on his room. You never really had a proper talk with him as you also thought he’s quite scary, for someone looking cute and adorable as him, he can be quite deadly. An advice to not anger the boy: Never call him cute or mention his short height. Of course that advice also from Seungkwan, you feel like he knows everything about the boys.

As you stand in front of his door, you slowly knock the bedroom lightly, “Um, Jihoon? Can I—“

“Come in.” The voice is dull and raspy, seems like he just wake up.

You open the door quietly to see the boy just get up from his sleep and now sitting on the bed while massaging his head. “I only got to sleep two hours. I hope you wake me up for something important.”

“I just want to say that the breakfast is ready. I mean, breakfast is something important, right. And..”

You saw him raise his eyebrow, as if waiting for you to continue. “and I make you a black coffee,” You finish with a small smile.

Jihoon stare at you for a while before he nods his head and get up from his bed. He walk towards your way and walk past your figure then stop at the doorway, he turn around as you still looking at him. “Well, let’s go then.” He says quietly which you quickly reply with a small nod and a smile.

You walk behind the still-sleepy-Jihoon who let out a yawn every ten seconds, you stare at his back as small smile slowly show on your face. ‘I guess he’s not as scary as I thought.

Author's
NOTE
 
 
 
 
 
second chapter is out! i hope you guys like it :) read, comment and subscribe are l o v e <33
xoxo,
yeolmints