Fanboy

Fanboy

Sungmin placed his hazelnut chocolate mousse cake on the upper display rack. He had just finished baking them and had cut them neatly into 8 pieces. His other cakes had been sold out leading him to bake additional cake, so that he had spare ones specially for his one regular customer. 

He had completed his patissier course while his brother, Sungjin, had completed his barrister course. Together with their mother, they had saved enough money to open Wiki cafe at  Samcheong-dong. 

He rearranged his remaining few pastries on the lower rack to fill up those pastries that had been bought. 

Kyuhyun's song 'At Gwanghwamun' was playing and Sungmin was singing along. He was a great fan of Kyuhyun. He loved his velvety voice, his handsome look, his demeanour and everything about him, especially his clean image. He always buy multiple copies of Kyuhyun's albums, and he would attend all Kyuhyun's concerts and musicals in Korea (wherever they are), and if he could spare the time and money, he would also attend Kyuhyun's concerts overseas, especially those in Japan. 

It was drizzling and Sungjin had left to send their mother home.  Sungmin would always keep 2 pieces of hazelnut chocolate mousse for this regular customer who always came late at night just before he closed his café. True enough, that man came just before Sungmin called it a day. Sungmin nicknamed him Mr Cap, because he always came wearing a cap and sunglasses, eventhough it was already night. 

"Hi sir, the usual?" Sungmin asked while started to pack the 2 cakes. 

"Yes, 2 hazelnut chocolate mousse. Thank you for saving me those 2 pieces. Can you keep for me 2 pieces tomorrow as well, but I probably reach here very late, if you can wait for me?" Mr Cap said. 

"Oh ok, I will inform my brother. I'm watching a concert tomorrow so I probably go home straight, or if my brother are still here, I might come back here." Sungmin replied while packing the cakes.

"Which concert are you watching, if you don't mind me asking" Mr Cap took the pack that Sungmin pass him and he took Mr Cap's card. Mr Cap usually paid cash but tonight he used his card. 

"Heehee no worries. It's my favourite ballad singer's concert, Kyuhyun. I'm a great fan of his and I always attended his concerts, unless it was too far away outside Korea. I was very lucky this round because I've got a front seat ticket! Isn't it amazing? Usually these seats were gone in seconds! You know, all those fangirls would go all out to scramble for the front row tickets! I must be very lucky to get it!!!" Sungmin went on and on and then returning back Mr Cap's card. 

"Ahhhh, I see. No wonder you always played his songs. You are his fanboy! Heehee. Ok then, have a good night and I see you tomorrow " Mr Cap waved while walking out from his cafe. 

"Hmm? He said see me tomorrow? I thought I told him Sungjin will be here instead?" confused, Sungmin shrugged and started to close his café. 

Before Sungmin left for the concert, he had reminded Sungjin to keep 2 slices of the cake and don't close the cafe until Mr Cap arrived. Sungjin said he would give Mr Cap an hour, then he would just close the shop. 

During the concert, Kyuhyun was amazing. He was so entertaining, he jokes, he dance, he did some musical, and his voice when he was singing all those ballads, was so dreamily rich and full of feelings. From the beginning of the concert, he seemed to be looking for somebody (probably his family, Sungmin thought), but strangely, once Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin's direction, he kept coming back to look at the same place. Sungmin thought maybe the girl next to him was his sister? Or girlfriend? But Sungmin prayed that she wasn't his girlfriend because it broke his heart to think about the possibility. Anyway, he shrugged his shoulders and concentrated on watching Kyuhyun. 

Towards the end of the concert, Kyuhyun was talking and before he started the next song, he said "I have been going to a cafe to buy my favourite cake almost every night if I'm in Seoul. I found out that the owner who served me, is a fan of mine, and everytime I walked in, my songs were playing in the air. So I want to dedicate this song to the owner, who are here tonight, to say my thanks for always supporting me. I hope you know who you are, and this is for you" he smile while looking at Sungmin and "Listen to you" intro started playing. 

Sungmin's jaw dropped and he covered his mouth with his hands! Kyuhyun is Mr Cap???? How could he not recognised him??!! Oh my God!!! And he was holding his card yesterday without looking at his name! How dense could he be!! 

Kyuhyun sings 'Listen to you' while looking and smiling at Sungmin. He poured all his feelings into the song. The other fans were cheering and singing along while trying to find out which girl in front rows that Kyuhyun was singing to. 

No wonder Kyuhyun had told him last night that "I see you tomorrow" because Sungmin himself had told him that he got a front row ticket for his concert! While staring at Kyuhyun he wondered if "I love you" in his song are meant for him. Nah, it can't be, it was just the lyrics of the song. He felt like screaming happily. He managed to snap a foto of Kyuhyun when Kyuhyun was looking and smiling at him and he had smile back at him. He knew Kyuhyun saw it because the front row was very near to the stage. 

Before Kyuhyun bid farewell to his fans, he took a bottle of water while whispering something to his manager at the side of the stage. He came back to the stage and said that he would take a selfie with all the fans. The fans were screaming loudly. A stage crew was suddenly next to Sungmin and tap his hand. He looked up with surprised and was stunt to be given a backstage pass and was told Kyuhyun would like to meet him personally. The crew gestured him to follow him, so Sungmin collected all his belongings and quickly follow him, with excitement though he was still could not believe what was happening and suddenly feeling nervous. Kyuhyun wants to meet him backstage!!! Wow!!  He looked back and saw that the fans were all busy taking fotos and waving while Kyuhyun turned his back to take a selfie. 

Sungmin wore the pass around his neck and followed the crew. Wow, his first time going back stage! It was so chaotic and every crew were busy with something. Sungmin was led to a room and asked to wait inside. It was a dressing room and he could smell the same perfume that Mr Cap had used whenever he walked into his cafe. Sungmin closed his mouth with his hands again because he was feeling giddy inside realising that it was his idol all along who bought his cakes!! He texted Sungjin to tell him not to close the cafe until he himself reached there. 

Kyuhyun walked in all sweaty, with his manager behind him and with some other crews. He smile shippishly at Sungmin and after wiping his face, he told his manager to give him a moment to talk to Sungmin. 

"You were surprised, aren't you? Sorry I usually tried to disguised myself if I go out on the streets so that I won't get mobbed by fans". 

"I couldn't believe it that Mr Cap is you!! Oh my God!! "

"Mr Cap? That's you nickname for me? Hahaha"

"Yeah because I didn't know your name then" Sungmin said shyly. 

"Let's take a foto together shall we?, before my manager came in again to shoo me off to change and go off" Kyuhyun said and get his phone out. 

They took some photos together using both Kyuhyun's phone and Sungmin's phone, and Kyuhyun asked for Sungmin's number. He sent the photos to Sungmin's handphone eventhough Sungmin would have similar photos from his own phone. He made Sungmin promised him that Sungmin won't give his number to anyone, especially to his fans. Sungmin promised him reading. Of course he won't share!!! Coz OMG, he has Kyuhyun's personal handphone number!!! His idol's handphone's number... Ohmygod Ohmygod!!! 

Kyuhyun asked him if he drove here? Sungmin said no because it would be a massive jam, so Kyuhyun said to wait for him and they can go off in his van together. Kyuhyun wanted to go to his cafe anyway. 

Together with Kyuhyun's manager and some bodyguards, they exited the stadium using VIP passageway which were out of bounds to the fans. Once they are in the van, they passed through the fans who were waiting outside. Kyuhyun opened his side window and waved at them. Now Sungmin knew how it was like. Kyuhyun would always get his driver to purposely drove pass  his waiting fans to wave at them. He was full of respect for Kyuhyun for always thinking of his fans. 

Once they were on the streets, Kyuhyun told his manager to go to Wiki cafe and that they can leave him after that, and he would go back to the dorm on his own with his car. His car was driven by his staff who was following closely behind the van. His manager agreed and then discussed with him on his next schedule and after their discussion, informed Kyuhyun to rest well. 

They reached Wiki Cafe and his staff gave him his car keys and they said their goodbyes left him there with Sungmin after ensuring there were no fans around. It was all like a dream to Sungmin who still couldn't believe what had happened. He walked with Kyuhyun to his café. Kyuhyun had changed to casual tee-shirt and jeans, and now he didn't bother to put a cap and sunglasses since it was quite late. 

Once they stepped into the cafe, Sungjin was complaining while yawning, what took Sungmin so long?. He then saw who was behind Sungmin and stared at Kyuhyun! 

"Ohh, Hyung, is that....??? "

"Jin, this is Kyuhyun-ssi. Kyuhyun-ssi, this is my brother, Sungjin" 

Now it was Sungjin's turn to be surprised with his jaw dropped! When Kyuhyun asked them whether it was okay to eat his cake here instead of packing, Sungjin gestured Kyuhyun to take a seat while he asked him what drink he would like. 

"Heyy, I'm still an ordinary person you know, you two don't have to treat me differently" Kyuhyun said smiling warmly at them. 

Sungmin laughed and started scooping the two hazelnut mousse onto a plate, while Sungjin did his cappuccino. 

Sungmin told Sungjin that he could go off after serving Kyuhyun his cuppacino since their mum was alone at home, and that he himself would close the cafe later. Sungjin asked Kyuhyun whether it was okay to take a photo with him before he leaves, which of course Kyuhyun obliged. 

After Sungjin left, Kyuhyun asked Sungmin to sit with him. Sungmin was suddenly all shy and nervous, now that he was all alone and sitting opposite his idol. Kyuhyun told him to relax and treat his as a friend. Up close and personal, Kyuhyun is a very down to earth person, very friendly, a joker, and truly a very warmth person. Sungmin's admiration for him increased tenth folds. 

They talked for a while about the concert, the cafe, and then what came next, surprised Sungmin. 
Kyuhyun confessed to Sungmin that he had liked him since the day he first stepped into his cafe, and always hope that Sungmin was there at the counter everytime he dropped by the cafe. Though he loved the cake very much, his actual purpose was to see him. Sungmin asked Kyuhyun to pinch him as he thought that he was dreaming! Kyuhyun likes him!!!! OMG!! He has been in love with Kyuhyun but he thought that it was just because he was a fan. He never once thought that his idol likes him too !! 

Well, that was a year ago. Now Kyuhyun is his boyfriend and so far they had managed to keep their relationship low profile, which only both families knew. Their families gave their blessings and Sungmin had been a regular 'backstage' person whenever Kyuhyun had his concerts or musicals. And Kyuhyun still love his hazelnut chocolate mousse and Sungmin always chided him for being a spoilt brat, because Kyuhyun only wants Sungmin to serve and to feed him as well.