Chapter 3 - Who Are You?

Development

(A/N: So i made a few changes to the last chapter, so if your reading this, it might be worth re reading. I also managed to decide on a name for the college. So I'll be referring to it as such. HanYang college.

 Beyond that, enjoy.)

****

After his embarrassing greeting to Taeyeon, Jungkook stiffened up and stayed facing the stage. There were more greetings as others entered but he kept his attention at the front. He didn't want to mess this up. He quickly pulled out the large camo bag from behind his chair and plucked out the various bits and pieces of stationery he had from his highschool days.

 

Then, at exactly 9:00, the door opened, and a middle aged woman moved into the room quietly. Jungkook had only realised she was even there, because he was trying to remind fully focussed. She looked… unbending. The kind of person who had been doing their job for many, many years and was firmly set in their ways. Her clothes gave a similar image, a black dress suit that was well worn in but was still presentable. The profile of a stern professional.

'Better not get on her bad side…’

 

The woman put down a greyish suitcase, cleared lightly and then stood front facing, next to the stand in the centre. Her eyes scanned across the whole room and fairly quickly, the crowd became silent. There were only around 20 of them in total, but it was still strange to see her attempt to make eye contact with every single one. He was one of the latter ones, and she was definitely very much a teacher. Her eyes were meticulous in addressing him and then quickly moved on to the next person.

‘... Well suppose that could've gone worse. Imagine if I had still been thinking and didn't notice her.'

 

“If you're quite done staring.”

'Oh, someone got caught out?’

Jungkook, along with everyone else really, shifted their gaze to the person being spoken to.

“I guess Taeyeon-ssi doesn't understand where she is currently sitting.” The woman spun on her heels and, with no extra motions, began writing her name on the whiteboard.

'Taeyeon-sunbaenim, that's a surprise. Though I guess she's got a lot on her mind too.’

 

From his position, he couldn't make out much of Taeyeon's face but the sudden bodily jerk showed her surprise. She hadn't noticed the teacher enter the room at all, her eyes looking at whatever had her attention instead.

 

“Sung Mirae. Teacher.” The lady wrote out before turning towards the group.

“As things stand, it's fair to say none of us really know what to expect out if this situation. So let's start things off simply. I am your home room teacher for the duration of your stay here at HanYang college. Let's all introduce ourselves.” She began, enunciating like an announcer would.

'It’s really strange to hear ‘home room teacher’ again… And to be be considered a student once more.’

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, you seemed distracted when I entered so why don't we start with you. I promise this will hold your interest.”


 

****

 

Taeyeon paled a little when she was called out by the teacher. She had hoped to make a good impression and getting scolded for not paying attention during class was definitely not the best way to meet. Standing up from her seat, she just hoped this wouldn't be too much of an issue.

 

“Yes, hello. I'm SNSD’s Taeyeon-”

“Ah, stop there.” The teacher interrupted her. “I'm not asking just what you do for a living… Let me ask again. Who are you?”

Eyebrows raised around the room, this was confusing. What was wrong with the way she had introduced herself?

“Right, I'm Kim Taeyeon, and I'm from SNSD. Nice to meet you…” She bowed slightly and looked on.

'Is this what she wants to hear?’

 

“Next.” The woman called, accepting her new answer. Introductions continued as Taeyeon thought about what had just occurred. The teacher wanted to put the groups and companies they represented second. She had specifically asked who they were as individuals first, before their job roles and labels.

'Maybe this will college thing will be taken seriously then?’

 

“I'm Yoo Sia! Dancer. Known as Yooa from rookie group Oh My Girl! I'm looking forward to this opportunity!” A girl somewhere behind her said. Taeyeon turned to face her. If this was going to be something real, then it was important she knew the people she would be interacting with. Yooa was tall, and quite cute. She had black hair and a smile on her face. She also seemed to stand out a fair bit, standing pretty much in the centre of the seating arrangement. She was on her own by the looks of it but was unfazed and eager to try out the college.

 

“I'm Zhou Jieqiong. Singer.” This one was not quite so enthusiastic but seemed at least ready to deal with anything that might come her way. Red hair, tall, Chinese.

 

“Jeon Jungkook, a singer in Bangtan Sonyeodan!” Taeyeon traced the origin of the voice.

'Bangtan, that's the group that doing really well right now. Strange that I didn't notice one of their members…

Huh.’

Her gaze had settled on the very same idol who had been zoned out earlier. This was a surprise. He blended into the background before when just sitting there. He wore a black hoodie, paired with slim black jogging bottoms, a black cap, and all white shoes. Nothing even slightly colourful or eye-catching in his outfit. Nothing that drew you to him.

 

She had thought that he was definitely from a small group, having seen the lack of effort on his outfit and general disinterest in his environment. But here he was, revealing that he in fact belonged to BTS. The most successful male idol group currently.

‘Doesn't the company care about this sort of thing? What about his image?’

Taeyeon couldn't help but be intrigued. She looked further at him and the changes started to appear. While before, he seemed a little lost, now he was different. His eyes were sharp as he stood fully for his introduction. He was focussed.

He even had in front of him a large combination of different stationery items. It dawned on her that he wasn't a start-up company's lost cause, but was a young idol star, ready to tackle the challenge set before him.

 

'Fairly tall, brown hair, passionate… pretty eyes. Jeon Jungkook.’


****