002

Black VS White

"Wake up mina!"Ann shook me violently, waking me up and making me escape from my dreamland.

"Ugh, what?!" I blubbered.

"Hurry! Wake up and change!" Ann begged.

"Why?……"I said, slowly drifting back to sleep.

"No! Hey wake up will you!"Ann urged me to wake up. I fluttered my eyes open and rolled to my side to look at my alarm clock on my bedside table.

6:30

"Please explain why you need me to get ready so early?" I said drifting back dreamland.

"Your father needs to talk to you!"

I shot up.

What? Oh no, that is not good? What did I do now? Am I in trouble this time?! Why do this to me god?!

"Um, about what?" I said quietly and nervously to Ann.

"I don’t exactly know, but you father is smiling in a weird way as if he has  something bad planned for you!" Ann shot at me. "Quick, get ready!"

 

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<

 

I ran a hand though my dress to calm my nerves, lift my head up and straightened my back to look my a princess.

Both the great palace doors to the great hall opened as I glided gracefully into the room and stood in front of my father which sat on the throne drinking wine from a golden cup.

"You needed to see me father?" I asked in a even graceful princess-like voice, silently praying it wasn’t over the top.

"Ah, my beautiful daughter! Here you are! Please come forward." He said cheerfully.

I can see why Ann thinks this is bad.

I took a few steps forward, almost scared to go any further. My father chuckled softly.

I am officially scared now!

"Ok my daughter, I have something amazing planned for you!" He said excitedly.

God help me!

"What is that father?" I asked.

"I have found the perfect boy for you to marry!" He said as he stabbed the air with his wine cup.

"What!" I was so shocked that I didn’t realise I raised my voice. My father pierced a death glare my way, reading ' If you don't lower your voice, there will be no point to live.'

I softly cleared my throat as I looked down at the marble floor for a while. I looked back to see my father smiling and drinking the rest of his beverage.

"But father, I am not ready." I said, trying my best to sound like a proper princess.

"Oh sure you are! You are 18 now and I am 100% ready for marring you off!" He said again.

"But father I don’t want to, I don’t even know the boy!" I said, trying my best not to get too loud. of course I didn’t know him. I don’t know anyone outside this palace.

"Either you know him or not! You are still marrying him. I don’t care about what you want. got that! Now off you go!" He said angry that I was disobeying him.

"But wait father, who is he?" I asked, I needed to know after all. My father relaxed his shoulders a bit as he looked at me deathly.

"He is a prince, not far from here. His name…Seok-jin I presume?" He said while tapping a finger on his chin.

"Seok-jin…"I muttered.

"If you don’t mind my daughter, I would like you to leave." My father said as he reached for the wine bottle next to him.

I gave a small nod as I started to walk back to my room. Resisting the urge to run, I walked fast to the place where I can be alone.

When I reached I saw Ann waiting, sitting on the side of my king sized bed, playing with her fingers nervously.  One she saw walk in, on the verge of crying, she stood.

I ran to her and hugged her tight that she almost fell. Large tears began to fall down my face. Making her shoulder wet will salty water.

"Mina! Are you okay?! Why are you crying?! What did he do?!" Ann asked, worried.

"Ann, my father….He is…. He said.." I couldn't find the right words. I kept on stuttering, not managing t keep it steady from the crying.

Ann waited patiently while rubbing my back as saying comforting words to calm me down.

"Ann, my father is …. Forcing to marry someone I have never seen… Or heard of.." I said quietly.

Ann broke the hug, her eyes glistening from unleashed tears.

"What?...." Ann looked at me as a large tear streamed down her face. She hugged me again tighter. I could tell she was shocked but not as surprised. My father seemed like that type of person.

"What is the prince's name?" Ann asked quietly , still crying with me.

"Seok-jin.." I said, she pulled away again.

"I have heard of him, it is said like he is one of the most handsomest prince in about 32 countries." She said, calming down a bit. I looked down. An imaginary light bulb switched on top of my head.

"Ann, I need you to help me with something!" Ann looked at me, worried, not liking the idea.