Accidental meeting

Worse than amnesia... (기억 상실증보다 더...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shhhhh.... Shhhhhhh

 

 

A sound of blowing can be heard. My own blowing of my hair, !  I am so bored. I can even hear the ticking of the clock. I am currently resting my head looking at my phone, scrolling it for the nth time as if somehow I would receive a message from her and somehow would make me feel energetic about my work. 

 

 

January 21, 2017(Let's use the current date.) The last time we got an interaction and after that, it stopped...

 

 

It's been 4 months already but... no single message from her... what's going on?

 

 

"Tiffany..?" I smiled as I heard my name. I remember the last time we had talk over the phone, It was a day before she stop messaging me. 

 

 

 

01/20/2017-Last encounter

"Yoongie...?"

 

"Tiff... hey, is there something wrong..?" she asked

 

I nodded my head as if she can see me. "Aniyo, I just want to hear your voice. It somehow relaxes me.." I smiled.

 

There was a  pause before she responded, "That's sweet... I hope your day will be somehow better.." I can hear from her voice that she is smiling. 

 

"Much much better...Yoongie..."

 

"Great! let's talk later. I have something to do. Okay?"

 

"Talk to you later." Then the line was disconnected.

 

 

 

I tried to recall if there are any glimpse of clues I can have based from that conversation, but I can't decipher any. There seems nothing wrong about her. She was doing good and we were doing good so I am not seeing anything wrong why she would stop contacting me again. After that talk, she was gone. I tried calling her, texting her, and the sort I can pull off but there was no response. Even her other social media accounts, they were all inactive. I would check everyday until today, and the last time she became active was last January 21, 2017 and was gone... 

 

 

"Tiffany...?" 

 

 

I heard my name again, gosh I want to talk to her again... and then...

 

 

Slaaaaaaaaam! 

 

 

"OH MY GOSH, PLEASE SPARE MY LIFE!" I was startled on my seat as a loud thing hit my desk and the sound resonated through my ears making me jump in surprise as I said those words. I cupped my chest and tried to breath in to help me relax..

 

 

I can hear from my back the resistance to laugh so hard, maybe I am looking like a fool right now, saying incoherent words. What can I do? I can't concentrate.

 

 

I turned around and squinted my eyes at the culprit who finally burst out in laughing while holding her stomach. 

 

 

"WHAT THE HELL IVAN?!" I cut her off. I can see how she wiped the tears from laughing at my face.

 

 

"What the hell, Tiffany?" She returned the question to me. "I've been standing in front of you for only God knows how long, keep calling your name and all you do is smile and sigh... what the hell is going on?"She said as she waved some files directed at me. 

 

 

"What's that..?" I ignored her remarks and just focus on what she is holding. 

 

 

She sighed and shook her head in disbelief. "Please tell me why I refer you in this company..?"

 

 

"Because we're....friends?" I asked.

 

 

She sighed again. I chuckled and she just smiled back. Meet my friend, Ivan Hart, she is my childhood friend, classmate from pre school until college, and we are even neighbors. Haha, anyway we are both Architects and working under this firm named Y+L Architects. She applied first in here and she stalized her position as a Project Manager. Her work deals with overall project management responsibility for a variety of projects or project teams, including client contact, scheduling, and budgeting. While me, I were able to secure my position as a Senior architect, I am responsible for significant project activities. Ofcourse, Ivan would give me those projects. 

 

 

Anyways, don't be curious about Ivan, it's just her name that is confusing, I even asked her mother why she named Ivan "Ivan" when she can choose from any other name, she just mentioned that since Ivan is the first child, her father wanted to have a boy. So when her mother got pregnant, they didn't even undergone ultrasound to make sure if the babies gender, so after birth, even Ivan is a girl, they still stick to the name Ivan. So that's the story.

 

 

"Aigoo, Miyoung, if I didn't know you..." She flicked my forehead and I just rub it while making sounds to show my frustrations.

 

 

"You call yourself an architect and there has no name on this blue print..? what are you? 5..?"She said as she give me back the blue print.

 

 

"Just sign those and we are all good, Fany-ah, what's wrong? you've been spacing out lately..."

 

 

"I just thought about her.." 

 

 

She sighed... "Geez, you don't know if she ever exist.. You know what? let's have a lunch outside, my treat. Maybe it will relax you somehow. Let's go."

 

 

She turned her back on me as she went to her office to grab her wallet. Her words struck me again, you don't know if she ever exist. She do exist, I was able to talk to her over the phone, message each other, but... did you even see her face? that's what Ivan keep asking me. It might be poser or a dummy account, or some of your stalkers messag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter