Chapter 5

Losing Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's palms were sweating as she made her way up to their CEO's office. She was nervous as hell. More than ten years in the company and she still haven't learned to control her nerves when it comes to their CEO.

The last time she went up was with the other members of 2ne1 right about the time that they disbanded. She was more depressed than nervous at that time and she had the girls for support. Now she was on her own.

The elevator doors dinged open. She stepped out, took a deep breath amd muttered to herself, "This is it, Sandara Park." Their president's PA looked up from the pile of papers on her desk and greeted her. "Sajangnim told me to let you in as soon as you arrive. Go on in."

Dara squared her shoulders, expelled the inspired air that she didn't notice she was holding. "Good morning, Sajangnim."

Their boss looked up and gestured at her to take the seat in front of his desk. "I'll just finish up these papers. Make yourself comfortable. You can get a coffee from the pantey if you want. This will take me a few minutes to finish up."

Dara nervously sat on the plush armchair. She didn't know what to do so she made her gaze travel across the room. She was not sure if it was a deliberate tactic of their boss to weaken their resolve before he swoops in for the kill but he would do this all the time. Making them wait. The waiting only further escalates the fear.

She lost track of the time. She was staring at the chair's upholstered arm as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. She was actually counting the number of red threads on it. She was already done with the black ones and the gold ones. A mindless task, but it temporarily calmed her nerves, distracting her from the dreaded scene that was about to happen in a few moments.

Yang Hyun Suk, finally done with his paperwork, looked up and found Dara totally engrossed with his office upholstery. Was there something remarkable there that he had missed? Last time he checked there was nothing extraordinary with the chair. 

She was inaudibly mumbling something to herself. He shook his head in quiet amusement. More than 10 years and he still could not fully understand the workings of Dara's mind. He said before that Dara was a girl from Mars. He still holds the same opinion.

Yang Hyun Suk rearranged his papers for the second time. This time with more flair than necessary, hoping to catch Dara's attention. There was no response. He saw he girl shake her head and heard a tsking sound from her. She then resumed her furious study of the chair.

He cleared his throat. Dara jumped about a foot in surprise. She stood up straight then bowed repeatedly at her boss. "Sajangnim, I'm really sorry about what happened last night. It wasn't Jiy...GD's fault, Sajangnim. If you're going to punish someone it should be me, Sajangnim."

He chuckled. "Sit down Dara before you hit your head on my table." 

"So sorry, Sajangnim. I'm going to sit down now." She sat straight on he chair. Her on the edge. Her fingers nervously combing through the ends of her hair. She looked at ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter