Chapter 1

Of a Night Owl and a Lark

Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to take a walk outside at 4 in the morning are either extremely insomniac or have completely lost their mind. Thank god it is not the latter in Jihoon's case. He inhales a short breath of cool, fresh air and exhales contently, letting his wet lips dry. Wearing his usual thick, dark green jacket, Jihoon strolls down the street, hands stuffed in the pocket, as he enjoy the sound of silence which is quite a rare occasion in this little busy town.

He could already imagine how his parents, especially his mother would react if they find out their son is walking aimlessly all by himself in the middle of the night—or rather morning. Back in his hometown he would either get his smacked or grounded for days. Jihoon chuckles at the thought. It is no longer a surprise to anyone that he has the tendency to stay up late until way past midnight. This unhealthy habit has developed since his teenager's years, when he found out that he favours the sweet silence more and it helps him concentrate better in his works.
The long walk tires him a bit, so when he spots an empty bench near his apartment area he decides to take a rest. There he sits down and stretches, a few crack sounds here and there. He loves this feeling, the chilly breeze hitting his face, the soft sounds of trees rustling. They gives him peace of mind, and helps him relax and clear his mind.
A silhouette comes from the corner of his eyes. Jihoon glances at it, then looks at his wristwatch. 5AM, about time crazy early people rise and start their morning jog. Instead of getting his off back home, he stays and lingers around longer this time, curious of how those morning people manage to wake up so early and exercise first thing in the morning.
From afar a guy can be seen wearing sport gear and neon running shoes, brown locks all damp and sweaty from jogging. Jihoon eyes him as he comes nearer, and when the guy jogs pass him they make a small eye contact. For a second Jihoon feels like the guy is staring at him for a little bit too long. His eyes follows the back figure of the guy as he slowly disappears, wondering if perhaps that person would come back.
Haha, who am I kidding. Why would a total stranger talk to me out of nowhere.
Dismissing the silly thought, Jihoon gets up and stretches one last time, a content sigh escapes his mouth as he makes his way back to the apartment. He wants to get the sleep he deserves. Little unbeknownst by him, that certain stranger returns to the bench he was sitting before, looking around for a while as he puffs a breath in disappointment.
 
 
A/N: yep, also 5am here ❤ a short intro btw