xx 01 xx

Playing with Signs

Chapter One

Lee Jieun (Hannah) POV

(green = past, also in english)

(bold=english)

 

"He's looking at you again." A girl urgently whispers to another girl beside her who was doing her best to hide her face with her hair. "Hannah!" Her friend hissed at her again when she was being ignored and started shaking Hannah furiously. 

 

Hannah who tried to peep through her long black hair, sees the perpetrator of the reason why she's unable to move for the past three minutes. And as her friend said he is looking at her with nothing but mere curiosity in his eyes.

 

"Stop staring at him!" Hannah hissed at her friend and pulled her towards her to make sure she's be looking at anywhere else but at their left side. "Seriously Ina, stop it." She even went far enough that she laid her head on her friend so she'd stop.

 

"Okay, okay. Get off me."

 

Hannah hesitated but she eventually moved away. She even straightened up when she could still feel the back of her hair stand, a proof that he is still looking this way.

 

"What did you say to him exactly?" Ina demanded since her friend has been quiet all morning especially after needing to share what happened during biology lab today.

 

"Nothing." Which was true. They were assigned lab partners and she didn't even say a word to him other than Hi, I'm Hannah and I think that's not correct. The whole lab activity was so quiet, she swore her life span lessened. It also didn't help the fact that he has always not the talkative type. 

 

"You've been in love with him going a year now, the opportunity has come and you didn't say anything to him?!" 

 

Now that her friend has mentioned it she feels like an idiot. Most of the time she just stares at him like a love sick puppy and now she has a reason to look she froze and acted like a mute person. He is very famous among the girls in her year so it's obvious he has alot of admirers, adding her in the picture wouldn't really matter much. "Just stop teasing me!" She cried in desperation. Theres still the whole semester to be in that close proximities with him and she wants to drop the class because she might combust at any moment.

 

"Well you better make a move on it sister, it's normally really rare that he's single. Take this opportunity." He is either with a girl attached to him or with a girl following him around. He's not considered as a player since its the girls that always stay on his side.

 

She glares at her friend. "Shut up."

 

"Well he's still looking at you." Ina scoffed as she slightly turned towards his direction again.

 

She hissed at her in annoyance knowing that it isn't going to be the end of it. Every mondays and wednesdays at lunch she'll so get being teased. "Can you seriously stop it?!"

 

Ina just shrugged bored now. It's always easy for her to lose interest. 

 

Hannah this time turned at her left, and he was still gazing towards her direction. He gives her a playful grin as if he was enjoying some inside joke then he turns towards his friends listening to their conversation as if he wasn't just making her heart flutter and have her stop breathing the past five minutes. 

 

"What are you trying to do to me Mark Tuan....." She groans as she hides her face with the palm of her hands. Wondering what she's going to do the next few weeks if her heart cant even take one small smile from him. 

 

 

 

"Unnie?" 

 

Hannah just blinked not realizing that she's been completely staring out of no where trying to calm herself down. She had totally spaced out there just now when one of her members mentioned which sunbae's they have to greet today.

 

"Gwenchanayo, Jieun-unnie?" Black Pink's maknae, Lalisa Manoban asked. She softly patted Jieun's arm when she had drifted off into space.

 

Hannah, who now goes by her Korean name Jieun, nods and offers a smile, "Yeh, just a bit nervous."

 

Today was Black Pink's sort of re-debut as a five member girl group under YG Entertainment. It was the third comeback for the other girls while it's Jieun's debut stage. She was training under YGE for about 4 years. She was part Black pink team when it was still planned to be a 7 member girl group. Then she was paired to be a duo, but then switched to the acting agency until she was finally brought to Black Pink

 

"Don't be. You'll do great, Jieun-ie," Kim Jisoo said encouragingly with a pat on the back. She knows that Hannah has been feeling the pressure of this stage since she had to prove to herself that she was deserving to be part of Black Pink after their debut. She had almost refused when management told her she was going to be an addition to Black Pink until Jennie and Jisoo spoke to her.

 

Jieun looked down and nods afraid that if she speaks it might show that she's lying. She's supposed to be the oldest among her members, she should at least show that a good positive vibe but it's not working. The more she thinks about trying to be calm the more nauseous she feels. She hasn't even ate a bite only till her manager would force her to eat. He still had four other girls to worry about too so he didn't notice that she didn't eat at all. 

 

"Jieun-unnie, we promise you did very well during practice, and Sajangnim didn't even say a word after that." Jennie said to help boost Jieun's confidence. Since she's new to the group's dynamic it's her that gets noticed by YG-sajangnim but after the past week nothing has been said which is a good thing. 

 

"Oh, You have a message, Hannah." Jennie said lightly as she handed Jieun her mobile that was sitting by the dresser behind her. Sometimes the Rose and Jennie would call her by her English name, even dropping the honorifics which she doesn't care about sometimes. 

 

"Thanks." Jieun responds in english. Despite Her living in Korea for more than a decade, she's still comfortable speaking English because she didn't really learn to speak hangul till her family moved back here. 

  

~Fighting

 

The text message read. Instead of smiling about how her best friend had time to message her and it actually caused her to panic more than anything. Her best friend knows it's her debut stage today but what she didn't tell him is that since she's a new member the girls have to reintroduce themselves as a five group member. 

 

How could she when the main reason why she didn't tell him, is that he might force her for a personal introductions with s and she isn't sure if she's even ready to meet them at all...

 

Not when the first boy she ever loved and broken her heart is part of his group. Granted she really can't blame him because, well she didn't really had a chance to fully confess since he never noticed her that way. She did sort of which is such a heart wrenchingly embarrassing story that she isn't going to dwell on it now. 

 

She decided to ignore the message since she was shaking too much when she had realized what time it was. In an hour they'd perform live and now just realizing how close that is, it is making her stomach turn that she swears what t little she ate is slowly crawling up .

 

"Unnie!"

 

"Jieunie!"

 

"Hannah!"

 

Was the last things she heard before she ran out of the room without thinking much other than she needed some air or at least a bathroom of some sort that isn't as small as a cardboard box. 

 

She saw the restroom sign and walked in it running into the farthest cubicle....

 

It was a good thing she hasn't eaten anything because she just upchucked what little she ate and then dry heaved the rest. She could feel closing up and she started hyperventilating.

 

What on earth is wrong with her. She had practiced like crazy this week without no sleep and even her vocal coach locked the vocal room last night saying that it'll put a strain on her voice if she'd do too much. The girls' practice room was even closed last night at 10pm so the girls can rest with an immediate lock down with the managers' wife sleeping in the living room just so they can make sure that the girls will actually rest tonight. 

 

She dabbed the tear that had fallen from her eye and she was furious at herself. She was slowly on a meltdown an hour before their performance. 

 

She can hear some sort of loud noises in the bathroom. She wanted to yell at them to be quiet but she was too busy trying to remember how to breath properly. 

 

In

 

Out

 

In

 

Out...

 

At least the deep breathing helped and she's a little calmer but now she hoped they'd leave since it's embarrassing enough to be heard throwing up, its better to remain anonymous. 

 

After silently praying for them to leave, she finally heard the door slam shut and she thanked them for finally leaving. She stands up and was ready to get out. Shes been gone long enough that her stylist-unnie is gonna kill her even running away. She already knows the manager is probably looking for her. She's sort of a flight risk anyway. 

 

She opens the cubicle, only to be met with someone standing at the front of the door who was about to knock. They were staring at each other for a second until she had realize that the person standing across her with the same astonished look on his face was none other than the leader of Got7, Im Jaebum.

 

Her eyes almost bugged out of her sockets as she points at him accusingly, "What are you doing in the girls bathroom?!"

 

He was flustered confused at first since he was taken aback by her speaking english and then when he finally understood he looked around, he realized he wasn't in the wrong, "Aniyo--"

 

Then she finally got to look her surroundings just now and could feel her face turning red in embarrassment. She gasped when she saw the urinals in the room... She walked in the wrong bathroom awhile ago. "Oh my god what am I doing in the boys restroom!" She ran back inside the cubicle slamming the door behind her started to mumble curses under her breath. 

 

"Could today get any worse?!" She wanted to cry not sure what she should do next because this is by far one of the most embarrassing moments of her life.

 

 

a/n

i was gonna abandon this story but there is after jinyoung commented about him and jisoo i was like YEP! We are so doing this! Lol anyway. Lol tell me what you think hahaha i gotta love got7 blackpink interactions! Kyaaaaa