Lego

Birthday Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the mall, both of you were walking hand in hand, although there were no words exchanged. You still opened the doors for her, holding her hand when you walked and lead her to your destination. She kept glancing at you as if she wanted to ask where you were leading her, yet kept her pride on her sleeves and stayed silent.

"If you don't mind, I have to stop by somewhere," you said when the two of you were on an escalator.

She nodded, not saying anything.

"Would you at least smile? I'm right here, you know."

Still insisted that she kept mum, she looked away and pushed her chin up childishly. Not taking her childish action to heart, you pretended to sigh in defeat and looked ahead. Whilst walking, you realized that many guys and girls turned their heads at your girl. You couldn't blame them – she was exceptionally cute and beautiful that evening. Fortunately for you, she didn't take heed of the ogling and stares.

About a few feet away from the shop you were going towards, her eyes started to widen at the bright colors and lights. You could tell she was both shocked and elated when she saw the shop, but you just chuckled inwardly. "We're gonna stop here for a bit. I need to look for something."

The moment she heard your voice, she looked at you and realized that she was supposed to keep her composure, so she immediately put a straight face on and mumbled, "Alright if that's what you want."

Having her consent, you took her hand and walked inside the Lego Shop.

The shop was dominated by yellow, filled with kids accompanied by their parents. Not only kids, the shop were also filled with teenagers and adults browsing through. There were plenty of Lego to choose, and Sunny couldn't hide her excitement anymore.

"Look! They have the Lord of the Rings edition!" she said dragging your hand to the counter with the large Lord of the Rings banner. Before you could reach the counter, she stopped by the counter with various fairytale princesses. With excitement of a six year-old, she browsed through each box, and handed you the Rapunzel Lego.

"This one is really detailed," you said commenting on the product information on the back of the box.

"Yeah, I like making the fairytale editions so much."

"I know you do," you said, picking up another box of Lego fairytale princesses to look at.

"Hey honey?" she cooed, holding your hand in hers.

“Hmmm?” You were cheering in your mind, knowing that your girlfriend had softened up, too excited with the block toys to remember the fight you two had.

“Are you going to buy something?”

“Hmmm I don’t know. If there’s anything I like, I’m going to buy one.”

“Umm I see.”

“Why? You want to buy this?” you held the Rapunzel box in your hand.

“…yeah. Is it okay if I buy one?” she blinked her eyes, and you swore you saw stars there.

“O–Of course! Go ahead,” you said, handing her the box.

She took the box reluctantly, not sure whether it was okay to buy it. “Are you sure? I mean, you’re the one who wants to look around…”

“That doesn’t mean you can’t buy anything, right?”

The short bickering soon ended when she coyly took your hand and pulled you to the cash register to pay for the toy. She was smiling brightly at it like a child, looking at the box even when the two of you walked out of the shop for a walk around the mall – definitely didn’t look like a 24 year-old with a purse in one hand and a box of toy in the other.

Excited with her new toy, she kept talking about her dream to have a playroom of her own, where she could play her puzzles, Lego, and other kinds of game there. Seeing her talking animatedly was really cute that you and some passer-bys were mesmerized by her. Her monologue ended when she realized that both of you were just walking without any destination whatsoever.

“Shall we go to a bookstore? It’s been a while since I bought a book,” you told her.

“Okay.” Her hand s to your right arm, but you pretended to be oblivious. Usually you would let your hand out of your pocket and entangled it with hers immediately, but not that day. Slowly walking to the bookstore, the two of you separated once you arrived. She went to the business section and you went to the novel section.

It truly had been a while since you bought a physical book. After having your own tablet, you preferred to buy it digitally. Nevertheless, it was still nice to buy some every once in a while. You were comparing the two books in your hands when Sunny suddenly came up beside you.

“I can’t find the book I was looking for.”

Glancing at her, she didn’t even have a slight regret that she couldn’t find her book. “Have you asked the store clerk?”

“No. It’s not like I’m looking forward to finding it in the first place,” she muttered, picking up a book from the shelf and examined the cover.

“Even though you will need it to do your assignments?”

“That’s exactly why I’m not looking forward to finding it.”

You chuckled at her answer, placing both books back to the shelf and picked another one. You were in the middle of reading the back cover when she s her hand to your arm again.

“Are you looking for anything else?”

You looked at her momentarily and she had her aegyo face on. Albeit wondering why she had that face on, you answered. “Not really. Why?”

“I’m h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter