Lunch

Birthday Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lunch was great, as usual. As usual, Sunny's home assistant really know how to cook, and it amazed you how she could stay thin. That afternoon she cooked pork skin stew and stir-fried chicken with long beans and various banchan (side dishes) like kimchi, pickled radish, and laver – a typical Korean meal. Since they were your girlfriend’s favorite food, she was eating heartily. She had finished her plate and got up to get seconds while you were still on your first.

"You're eating your food slowly. That's very unlike you."

"Still working on it, honey," you said smiling while she scooped another bowl of stew.

She glanced at your plate and only saw rice and the stir-fry. "Honey, why aren't you– Oh!" she suddenly stopped her action, and looked at you in remorse. "I'm sorry, I forgot you can't eat pork skin."

"It's okay, I can still eat the others."

"Do you want me to cook something for you? I'm sure there’s something in the fridge to whip up in a minute."

"No, it's okay, I'll just eat something later."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's okay."

She looked at you eating slowly and put her utensils down. Before you could say anything, she had walked to the kitchen. You got up and followed her, still munching on your mouthful. When you reached her, she was rummaging on the refrigerator, looking for some food to make.

"I told you it's fine. Just go back to your food," you said after swallowing your food. She ignored you and started opening the drawers to see what kind of frozen food she had in store. "Hey," you held her shoulder, wanting to get her attention.

"How does savory beef sound? I can put this in the microwave and have it heated in a few minutes," she said, waving the frozen food animatedly to your face.

You breathed out and gave in. "If I say yes, will you go eat your lunch?"

"Yes, after I heat the beef for you."

"Then yes."

She smiled brightly and prepared the package to be heated. Once she made sure that she did it correctly, she put the package in the microwave and pushed the buttons to start heating it. While she was waiting, you held her arms and planted a kiss at the top of her head. “Thank you. You shouldn’t, really,” you muttered against her fruity-scented hair.

“Oh, it’s nothing, honey. I like feeding you,” she said, taking one of your hands in hers.

“Feeding me? Am I your cat now?” you said, feigning annoyance and nudged her head playfully with your chin since she was almost five inches shorter than you.

She giggled at your playful response, turning her body towards you. The eye-smile she had on immediately put a smile on your face. Your right hand held the side of her face, rubbing her cheek with your thumb. “You’re so beautiful…”

The eye-smile she had on her face was gone, and she looked downwards to hide her blush. Knowing her, you held her head in place and kissed her blushing cheek, lingering there until she wrapped her arms around your neck. Both of you were locking eyes and exchanged gazes before she pulled your face closer for a sweet kiss.

The kiss was slow, but she was eager to keep you in place despite the height gap between the two of you, straining your neck and back. And so you grabbed her waist and hoisted her up to the kitchen counter, making her yelp in surprise. Once she was safely sitting on the counter, you leaned in for another kiss, and she happily reciprocated, grabbing your shirt and the back of your neck to keep you from pulling away earlier than she had wanted you to.

You didn’t know how long you two had been kissing until you heard the ‘ding’ of the microwave, signaling that the beef had finished heating. You pulled away from Sunny, leaning your forehead against hers to turn your gaze to the microwave. That was when you saw a middle-aged woman peeking behind the door, scampering off when she realized that you caught her in the act.

The scrunching of your eyebrow made Sunny wonder that she just had to ask. “What is it, honey?”

“I think…your home assistant was spying on us when we were kissing just now.”

“Really??” Sunny’s head whipped to the door and saw that there was indeed a gap wide enough to peek. “So…she was there when we were kissing?”

You shrugged and opened the microwave door. Before your hand could reach for the heated package, Sunny’s hand stopped you.

“Don’t! It’s really hot.”

“I think I can manage, honey.”

“Uh, no you can’t.” She hopped off the kitchen counter and searched for a plate to put your beef in, along with a hand muff to grab the heated package with.

“Yes, I can. I just put you on the kitchen counter didn’t I?”

Sunny didn’t say anything and kept serving the warm food on the plate. When she finally caught on to what you were referring to, she stopped and slapped your arm with her free hand.

#

“Ah, I’m so full!” you said, rubbing your belly after settling yourself on the living room’s sofa.

“Yet you finished your beef to the last bite,” Sunny shouted from her room.

“How can’t I when you kept eyeing the beef?”

Coming out of her room, Sunny was laughing. Her hands had medicine strip and a glass of water, ready to take another medicine. After putting them on the coffee table, she settled herself beside you, playfully rubbing your belly. “You have a healthy baby, Ma’am.”

“Har har har, very funny,” you said, rolling your eyes at her teasing while she kept giggling. “Have you taken your medicine yet?”

“Should I?” she held her forehead, checking for her temperature. “I think the fever’s gone.”

“Come here,” you asked her to come hither while yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter