Charizard

Birthday Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The colorful nano blocks were scattered all over the bedside table and the empty cup of the tea you drank last night was still standing in the middle of the mess. Right next to it was a Charmander built of your favorite toy. You put it there on purpose, as if not wanting any single thing to destroy it since it was not easy to finish the fire-type Pokemon. However, having long enough good sleep, you soon stirred when you heard the sound of the front door opening downstairs, followed with the familiar greeting.

“Honey~~” The dear voice of Sunny Lee echoed all around the second floor, making you open your eyes a little bit wider.

Before you could even reply her, your girlfriend already opened the door with gusto, jumping up and down on the bed and shaking your whole sleepy being. Wanting to play around, you pulled the blanket to cover yourself from head to toe, pretending you were bothered.

“Wake up wake up wake up!” Sunny uncovered your face from the blanket and came the touches of her fingers on your cheeks. “You said you wanted to show me your finished Charmander!”

“Okay, okaaay,” you smiled as you said your first two words of the day. Slowly sitting up, you took the finished toy with your two hands on the bedside table by the mess that was your nano blocks. Carefully, you then and moved it slowly in front of Sunny’s eyes.

“It’s so cuuute!” she shrieked and you swore you wanted to fly when her eye-smiles appeared. She then began patting the head of the toy so gently it made you giggle.

“Wae?” she pouted with her y yet adorable lips. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing, it’s just you are treating this toy as if it’s a real animal,” you had not stopped the giggles but managed to answer.

“You also moved it with your hands like this as if it would die if it fell!” she said while mimicking the way you grabbed the finished model from the table.

“It was fun building that,” you took the fake Pokemon from your lover’s hand and stared at it proudly, “and it looks better than Pikachu that I made before, doesn’t it?”

Agreeing to your statement, Sunny nodded. “It’s cuter, alright. Are you going to make more?”

“Maybe,” you shrugged while putting the Charmander back to the table. “I have finished this, but I still want to make some more. I wish I had bought the Charmander one as well, and maybe other harder models too.”

Not replying anything, Sunny went silent while her mind seemed to be in a thought. However, she soon dragged herself closer to you, wrapped her arms around yours and leaned her head onto your shoulder. “Tomorrow is your birthday. Where should we go?”

Your eyes shot open, remembering something. They secretly glance to the direction of the PC table, where you had put the reservation receipt of your favorite café for tomorrow. Your heart started to panic, afraid that Sunny would find out when she roamed around the house.

“I can’t tell you yet, but I’m sure it will be a nice. You’re going to like it.”

You knew that Sunny was not satisfied with the answer, but she muttered an ‘okay’ anyway. Spending all afternoon in your house, you made sure she did not take even a slight peek at the PC table. By the time your mom asked her help to cook lunch, you quickly ran to your room to hide the receipt in your drawer, under the piles of your clothes. Fortunately though, Sunny spent the rest of the day enjoying TV shows with you and the rest of your family without checking your room again.

It was true that time felt like flying when your loved one was with you. It had been 6 P.M when that girl of yours realized it had been twilight and she needed to head back home first before dinner.

“Be a good girl and save your energy for your special day tomorrow,” she said while rubbing your cheeks with her palms before walking out of the house.

“I will. You must do the same too – save your energy for tomorrow,” you smiled at her.

“See you tomorrow, sweetheart.” She scrunched her nose cutely, before tip-toeing to reach your mouth level and put a kiss on it. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” you watched as she stepped away from the gate and made her way to her parked car.

#

The next day, you were on your way to your girlfriend’s house on your motorcycle, wearing a pair of black jeans and blue-striped shirt, with a black jacket on the outside to protect your body from the wind. Having called the café earlier to check everything was ready by lunchtime, your expression brightened and your brain began imagining what a perfect day it would be. That stupid grin of yours grew bigger when you daydreamed of Sunny pulling out your birthday gift from her bag, and her kissing you more sensually than usual because it’s your day, and probably her being on your bed tonight for a–

Before you could finish your imagination, you had arrived in front of her house and parked your bike in front of the gate. You took off your helmet and checked yourself on the bike’s mirror to make sure your hair and face still looked appropriate. Then, you finally pushed the doorbell; the ringing sound could be heard from somewhere inside her house.

To your surprise, your lover came out of the door still not in her outing outfit. Her drowsiness was obvious and her eyes seemed to be a bit swollen. The pajama t-shirt and pants were still on her. Nevertheless, you could still see her smiling to greet you.

“Hey, I’m still not ready yet; I fell asleep an hour ago. Is it okay if you wait for a while?”

“Okay? Sure.”

You were a bit confused but still tried to believe her. You made your way inside to the living room behind her after she opened the gate. The brightness on your face faded out a bit when she did not pull you into a kiss and say your birthday greeting. Trying to be positive-minded, you assumed she might want to take a shower first.

The house was empty, aside from the home assistant her family hired to clean the house once every other day. Sunny’s parents were off to work, while her sisters left the house to live with their families, only visiting during the holiday. Growing up in a loaded family, she was far from being spoiled with wealth since early on. After gaining entry to a renowned university, her parents cut her off of her pocket money. They only gave her enough money for gas since she drove her car to the university. Other than that, she had to earn it herself, in which she succeeded by using her mother language to be a translator and interpret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter