Chapter 3 [Tsukishima's]

All in my Head

You were surprised at his action you stood up at that moment and excused yourself. Running towards your classroom you accidentally trip. Looking at the man who by passed you, you saw Tsukishima with his signature smirk.

“Kei!” you cling to his arm all lovey-dovey. Its not that you like him, you absolutely hate him.  Its just that he hates it more when you cling to him and you make both of you look like a couple. Seeing him irritated made you cling to his arm tighter almost hugging his arm

“Oi, get off me. Aren’t you gonna be late” he slightly pushes your head away from his arm.

“I just got my phone back from Kaageyama-kun, I’m going back now Stingyshima” you let go and run towards your room. After a few seconds you halted clling the man again.

“Kei!”

He looks at you and you pretended to blow an imaginary kiss to him. He gets irritated too much that he emits an aura almost similar to what Kageyama does, everyone on the hallway slowly walking away from him.

FLASHBACK

Your mom and Tsukishima’s were very close, they were bestfriends ever since high school. With their close bonding it wasn’t a surprise that you two would meet. But you were never fond of Tsukishima, he was always with yamaguchi.

One day your mom decided to go grocery shopping, you being an only child and your dad working, your mom decided to leave you to the Tsukishima’s.

Tsukishima’s gladly welcomed you into the household and told you that Akiteru was in classes and that only Kei was in the house.

“Kei, come down you have a visitor”

Kei comes down hurriedly, only to have a disappointed face.

“Its [Name]-chan, say hi Kei.”

“Hi.” And with that he ran upstairs to his room.

“Don’t worry about Kei [name-chan], he’s just a bit shy. You could come by his room anytime and play dinosaurs with him.”

Kei’s mom got back to cooking and you slowly tip toed to Kei’s room. You were peeking at him playing his toy dinosaurs.  Kei ignores you and gestures you to come ine.

“I don’t like playing with you, but you can come in or else my mom will scold me for not being a gentleman”

Just when you were about to come in, you hear a loud thunder and ran under the desk. You hid there shivering and teary eyed. You were afraid of thunder. The thunder continued as it got louder and louder and you could swore that you were crying so badly you made a fool out of yourself.

“Oi, don’t be so noisy cant you I’m pla-“ KKei was cut off by what he was about to say when he looked at you.

“Oi, why are you crying?” He asks with a questioning look on his eyes. After this a loud thunder roared again that made you cry harder and cover your ears.

After a couple of seconds you can no longer hear rain nor thunder. You knew that what you were hearing was Super Junior’s Its you and that made you calm. While listening it with ease, closing your eyes you finally decided to open them and remove your hands from your ears so you could finally listen to the song more.

Opening your eyes, you see Kei in front of you still playing with his dinosaurs. You both were under his blanket.

“You know you could’ve told me that you were afraid of thunder.” He said not looking at you.

“thanks..” was the only word you could say

He looks at you straight in the eye with a serious face.

“You know what? We should marry, so I could protect you.”

Not knowing what that meant you nodded and he educates you about the different types of dinosaurs.

END OF FLASHBACK.

Of course both of your parents knew about his and they laughed it off. Not that they wont aagree about it, they actually favored it. Since both were bestfriends they thought that it would be cute if their offspring would get married.

As for Tsukishima he never really understoof the meaning of it until his elementary days when you would often reminisce that scene and remind him that both of you are engaged. Its not that Tsukishima liked  you, he wanted to protect you. Scratch that, he didn’t like the thought of seeing you cry.

The three of you were classmates ever since elementary, Yamaguchi, you and tsukishima. Though Tsukishima was very aware of your worth to him the thought of asking you out never crashed in his mind. He promised that he would marry you but he never really meant it…that was what he thought.

Meanwhile Kageyama was on his chair spacing out, wondering why you suddenly left. He looked at the corridor only to find Tsukishima glaring at him as he glares back. Going back to his business, he was aback to the reality that they lost against Aoba Johsai. He was quite bothered by it but nonetheless he already moved on but despite this they were still instances where he’d reminisce his mistakes and blame himself for the loss.

The bell rings indicating that it was time for classes. He fixed his stuff as looked at the scribbled notes absent-mindedly smiling. He felt strange so he looked around only to see his classmates jaw dropped at him, girls blushing and men shocked. He sighs and hides the paper.

You were back to your classroom. The class had a long quiz about the topic yesterday and checked your homeworks. Fortunately you had a high score.

“Wooow”

“Its not that a big deal you know Yachi.” You  scratch your cheek.

During your conversation with Yachi the teacher gestures you to come closer to him.

“Ms. [last name] please report to my office later, we have something tot alk about.”

You nod and say your thanks.

“Hey want to comoe over later and watch practice?” Yachi asked with eagerness. You could see it in her eyes that she wanted you to go for you to spend some time with Kageyama.

“I can’t, our teacher told me to come to his office after classes. Sorry Yachi.” You smile declining kindly.

“That’s okay, but if you’re going home late let me know okay?”

You nod.

Kageyama on the other hand was also tasked to go to the teacher’s office because of his performance in class. Not that it was very very very…well lets not just talk about it, the teacher wanted to enhance his potential since she was very aware that the kid is intelligent.

After classes you head straight to the teacher’s office. You were about to hold the handle when it slide open seeing a familiar figure in front of you Kageyama-kun. Your heart raced. You stare deeply into his blue orbs that were also staring right back at you. You saw the reflection of yourself deeply inlove with the man infront of you.

Tey were both blushing but none of them noticed that because they were both in deep thought looking into eeach other’s eyes. The first one to get back to reality was Kageyama, clearing his throat. You follow blinking.

Why must she be so adorable? Kageyama thought to himself.

He bows saying his greeting and excused himself. Argh I should’ve stayed longer. Bakayama.

You enter the office only to be redirected to Takeda sensei. Throughout the conversation you felt a heavy weigh in your heart. You agree and said your thanks, telling them you’ll think about it. Excusing yourself to head out to the gym. Yachi needed to know about this.

Upon arrival, the gym was noisy filled with bouncing balls and squeaking volleyball shoes. You didn’t pay attention that it was getting sort of late and that it was dark. You desperately needed to say this to Yachi.

You saw Daichi calling them and doing their routines whenever they finish. You see them cleaning you quietly ran to Yachi signaling to her that you desperately needed to talk to her. While talking to her Kageyama was the only one to notice you’d come in. He observe the various emotions let out by Yachi. He was very curious at what you two were talking about.

“I don’t know what to feel, but my heart is sort of heavy”

Yachi pats your back.

After cleaning all of you set out to their own homes. You told them goodbye and pulled Tskushima’s sleeve. The tall man looked over you raising an eyebrow, meaning you need to explain what. You look back at him with puppy eyes and he just sighs.

“Ok I’ll walk you home”

You smile lightly. Kageyama saw how the two of you acted and looked straight away with an ever so serious face. Even his seniors were sort of afraid approaching him, though he looked more irritated than usual.

“Oi Kageyama! You’re going to end up with permanent forehead wrinkles at a young age”

“What were you saying ?” He questioned in a scary matter

Hinata backing off and casually hiding behind Yachi.

“Hey, I have something to do so.. you guys go on without me, bye!” Yamaguchi says his farewell. Tsukishima knew that the boy would be practicing serves.

AS they walked silently, Tsukishima decided to break the ice.

“Spill.”

You looked at him with a questioning look.

“You were a bit off just then, aren’t you gonna tell me? Maybe that burden get light if you had someone to share it with instead of just claiming it all by yourself.” Tsukishima said whil putting his headphones on.

“Well its always been my dream to study history and the usch, but because my dad is just.. I don’t even know what word could exactly describe him, he wants me to pursue law or medicine..and..” you were teary eyed as you continued “when I went to the office, our teacher told me that I’ll be attending an advanced learning seminar or something the like. Its not that bad it just that I feel like my whole future is right in front of me I don’t even have time to savour the things I currently have.”

Tsukishima knew well that you were on the verge of crying so he took out his headphones and placed it on your ears. You were surpised to hear Its you on his headphones. You felt shy that you were listening to what he was supposed to be listening privately so you took of the device, but just about the moment you lifted it up Tskushima stooped you from doing so.

“I’m not going to lend you my shoulder to cry over so deal with what I’m letting you borrow as of the moment.”

“Thank you Kei” you felt as his hundreds of needles were removed from your heart as you calmly walked side by side with Kei listening to the song that brought back both your childhood promise.