Chapter 2

All in my Head

As Yahci and you were eating the dnner, prepared by yours truly ehe. Kageyama’s phone vibrated

“[name]-chan isn’t that Kageyama’s phone?”

“well… while hinata and you were talking we had our small chitchat and we sort of exchanged bags…and we forgot to give it back so..” You said trying to avoid Yachi’s gaze.

“Kyaaaah” Yachi shouted to the top of her lungs and you could see how hearts popped in and out of her aura.

“So how was iit?” She asked in eagerness, your faces only a foot apart. You felt embarrassed that you had to think of a way to brush it off. Avoiding her enthusiasm you forked a carrot and shoved it infront of her face.

“Yachi Hitoka, where are your manners? Can’t you see were still eating?”

You both giggle to the sudden realization that of you haven’t finished what you were eating. Yachi went back to normal chewing her food and as you were about to finish eating you had a sudden thought.

“Ne ne, Yachi I only have a couple of minutes to spare telling how was it  but I bet it will take you all night to tell me the real score between you and Hinata”

Yachi chokes.

After eating you decided to help Yachi do the dishes. While doing so Yachi bumps your hips using her, a light smile on her face.

“So.. aren’t you gonna tell me how was it “

You blush as what she said and told the whole story. Even though she was your bestfriend this was the first time you ever told her about your huge crush on Kageyama. You told her how you fell for him and how you rejected all of your admirers for hoping of being his.

[A/N: So from this point it will be Kageyama’s POV keke]

The man was on his bed tossing his volleyball.

Man, I called at the wrong time.

He blames himself for calling at such a time. He heard the spalshin of water on the other side of the line and decided to end the call. Whenever he thinks of it he blushes deeply.

What could be her shampoo? What does she look like with wet hair? What are her si-

In the midts of having lewd thoughts the volleyball drops right on his face making his nose bleed. He picks up her phone and reads their conversation.

I wonder what time will we meet.

He was taken away by his deep thoughts about you that he accidentally taps the call button.  He panics upon the realization that hi called you and ended it quickly having tossed your phone and luckily saving it.

The man hears a faint knock on the door

“Nii-chan dinner is ready”

Kageyama opens the door to see his younger sister standing there waiting for his reply.

“Nii-chan…” she points at kag’s nose..”bleeding…”

She gazes over the ppink phone Kageyama was holding and back to his face then to her clothes. She was wearing  a fitted shirt and some shorts.

“” she creams at the top of her lungs and gives her brother a round house kick

“OI” angry Kageyama splurts out emitting a  run or else I’ll kill you  aura. His little sister run downstairs as he chases her. Both siblings ran around the house Kageyama being the chaser to being the chased and back to being the chaser.

At some point they stopped at the living room tired.

“Dinner’s ready” their mom says.

They wer on the opposite side of each other panting.

“WHY THE HELL DID YOUKICKED ME ”

“BECAUSE YOU’RE SUCH A ERT IDIOT”

“I AM NOT. WTH WERE SIBLINGS”

“BUT—“

“AND WHO WOULD HAVE LEWD THOUGHTS ABOUT YOU” He gestured his hands onto his chest as if imaginarily groping it

“YOU HAVE NONE OF THE—“

Kageyama was shut down, tumbling on the floor because his sister thrown him a slipper, right in the forehead.

“I said dinner is ready”

“Hai” his sister replies as she pulls his brother by the shirt towards the dining room

After dinner he helped his sister finish the dishes, later on he went back to his room glaring at the pink phone. He picks it up and positions himself on his desk. He had thought of exploring it but bruses it off because he thought that it was rude. Just as he was about to leave the phone her screen saver flashes and a selfie of her appears.

Kawaii he thought to himself. Upon seeing this he decided to rummage through her phone and save whatever info he could get.

[rude kageyama kekek]

He only storm through her notes, galleries and music. He saw some terms that were very unfamiliar to him and made him question is this nihonggo . He gets off the chair and goes out knocking on his sister’s door.

Her sister opens it as if nothing happened ealier because those were their damn routines. He asked some girly termilogies to her his sister’s phone ring. He reached out to it since he was nearer only to see Oikawa calling her.

“Oi, why is oikawa calling you?” he asks with a stern looks on his face. His siter pushes him out of the room for looking at her phone because damn why cant this boy understand the meaning of privacy.

He goes back to his room, pulling out the textbooks he left at home and did  his assignments. After finishing it having ddone his evening rituals he felt the tiredness crawling up his body as he relaxes himself unto his bed.

He as about to fall asleep when his phone suddenly rang

Unregistered number  but looking at it thoroughly, it was his

“Kageyama-kun? Can I call you that?”

“Hai”

“I was going to ask what time should we meet tomorrow”

“How about an hour before classes.

“That would be fine.”

Both of them stood quiet having nothing to say anymore but not wanting to end the call/

“I’m sorry I called you when you were taking a bath”

[A/N: ok your point of view keke]

You blush deeply at what he says because you never thought of It that way. Recalling that you were talking to him while you were taking a bath was deeply embarrassing.

“Hello?”

“Ah, Hai. Its fine hehe” You blush as you scribble notes down your pad. Yachi mouthing “ is that kageyama-kun?” and you nodding vigorously

“Am I disturbing you” you hear a faint bouncing of a ball on the other line

“No its okay, I’m not that busy” You are damn busy, these grades wont go up on their own

“And you? Are you busy? I could hear faint bouncing of a ball. I hope I am in no way disturbing you” You *ipiy* your phone against your shoulder because you had get something from out of your bag

“Im not its just that I was supposed to sleep but since you called I’m awake”

As you hear this you shiver from head to toe and blush. Your cheeks now full of pink dust.

“so..sorry about that Kageyama-kun..I-I thought it was ok..”

“But it was totally fine. Its better that we talk about what time we should meet tomorrow so you could get back your phone.”

You feel sad about what he said. Realizing that you only got your hopes up that he would like talking to you when in fact he didn’t end the call because he needs his bag. It was his bag not you silly. You thought to yourself.

“Mmm, thanks. I’ll hung up now”

You hung up, Yachi with a questioning look how was it . You faked a smile.

“It was ok he was concerned about his bag so I hung up.”

Yachi scribbles something on your pad smiling.

Make sure to do your best tomorrow

That simple statement made your mood lighter compared to just before and you both reviewed again.

THE NEXT DAY

“Kageyama-kun over here!”

You wave at a tall figure near Karasuno’s gate wearing a navy blue scarf hung around his neck.

“[Name]-chan”

He lends you your bag and you couldn’t stand but avoid his gaze. You were hurt by his gesture because he is only interested in your bag and not you.  You gave back his ashe rummages his bag.

“Uggh, Kageyama-kun I washed your shirt if you don’t mind/ I’ll give it back tomorrow. I went to our house quickly to wash it hehe”

Kageyama blushes slightly saying his thanks.

You nod and both of you start walking separate ways. As you sit on your classroom you get your textbook as you answer your homework. You already did this with yachi last night so you were pretty sure about what you were doing. On the last item you decided to check your phone to find out that it wasn’t there. You were very sure that you put Kageyama’s phone bavk in his bag. You run to Kageyama’s classroom to find him answering his homework.

“Please excuse me!” You say as they were few people. Others chatting others takking a nap.

“Kageyama-kun!”

“Oi…what does Kageyama has to do with [Name]-chan”

“Lucky, lucky…”

“Pretty…”

You hear people say as you approach Kageyama with a stern face doing his homework.

“Kageyama-kun… ummm”

He looks at you with a questioning look.

“My phone…”

“Sorry about that” he gets your phone from his pocket and hands it to you.

“Thanks” you faked a smile again. As you were about to leave you see his homework and were determined to help him because it was your favourite subject, English.

“Kageyama-kun? Do you need any help with this?”

You observe him carefully as he avoids his gaze and slightly nods. You sile to yourself asking him for a ballpen and some paper. You explain to him the things you know and you r technique to knowing the basics. You even told him how you became fluent with it, set aside your humorous experiences.

“Can I ask you a question [Name]-chan?” You nod

“Are you fine?” You were shocked by his question

“Ughhh yeah, never been better hehe. Why do you ask?”

“When we were on the phone yesterday you seemed a bit down. And this morning you were also a bit down” He answers straightforward without looking at you, eyes on the notes you made.

You smiled at his question. You look at him intently as he eventually turns his calm face into a stern one. You poke his forehead with your middle finger and smile. He looks at your finger right on his forehead and sets his eyes on you, falling for your sincere smile and pink cheeks. He cups your cheeks and you blush deepr.

“Warm.”