Chapter 1

All in my Head

KAGEYAMA TOBIO
 

Your sit was on the corner of the classroom which made you often look at the window. You were studious and beautiful, the perfect example of what they said to be “Brains and beauty”  not to mention your y physique. Many guys confessed and already asked you out but you rejected them. You rejected them because you have this particular person in mind Kageyama Tobio. You saw him on their match against Date Kogyo and you quickly fell in love with him.

You were bestfriends with their manager Yachi and you were childhood friends with his teammates Yamaguchi and Tsukishima, despite these you had no courage on confessing. You were afraid of how he would treat you after confessing, having heard e was no good with girls. To add up your fear you knew he had countless of admirers which pretty much affected your self-esteem.

“Please remember t do your assignment on page 135 and prepare for a quiz tomorrow.”

Everyone in the class answered a yes in chorus.

“Ne, ne [Name]-chan want to stay over tonight? I sort of forgot how to answer some of the questions in our textbooks and it would be really a big help if we both studied.”

You nod and Yachi shows off a cute smile.

“Oh, but could you wait for a couple of hours? The volleyball team has practice and I..uhm sorry about that..”

“Its ok I can wait”

“How about coming with me? Watching our practice eh?”

“Sounds fun.”

Yachi always invited you to their practice but you always declined because you were afraid of the dark knowing that their practice ends kinda late. But because you haven’t seen Kageyama in a while you decided that it would be fun to see him play.

“Sorry were late” Yachi says leaving her shoes on the front door as you follow

Everyone’s eyes are on you and your heart skips a beat when Kageyama laid eyes on you.

“This is my friend [Name] she’ll be watching for today I hope you guys don’t mind.” –yachi

You bow politely and give your cutest smile “Thank you for having me”

Two boys start staring at you with this moe moe aura and Ennoa slaps both of them for drooling over you.

“Oi, oi lets continue our practice” Sawamura says clapping his hands

You watch Kageyama intently. Observing his every movement til the end. When he’d look in your way you were sure your cheeks went crimson and you looked elsewhere.

After practice you helped clean up together with the rest of the team. Yachi called you so you gently ran towards her but because the floor was quite slippery you slipped. Just when you closed your eyes waiting for your body to slam on the floor. You opened it only to see the man of your dreams near you.

His hand was wrapped around your waist while his cheeks were tinted red.

“Y-You better be careful next time” he assist you in standing firmly and you say your thanks.

“Oooi, Kageyama your cheeks are red hahaha”

“Urusai, Hinata Boke!” as he leaves the gym

Tsukishima and Yamaguchi approached you.

“Are you with someone to walk you home? Or do you want us to walk you home?” Yamaguchi asks

Tanaka and Nishinoya elbows Yamaguchi having malicious grins all over their face.

“Getting your move hey?”

“Yamaguchi I didn’t know you were a gentleman hehe”

“You guys were childhood friends, its not about that thing” Yamaguchi says

“Thanks, but I’m with Yachi this time”

“We’ll be going now” Yachi politely bows as they turn towards the door and walk their way home but before you could head outside the school premises

“YACHIII”

You both hear a noise from behind, to your surprise you see Hinata approaching the both of you

“Can I both of you home…since we both take the same path. Ehe” You see pink dust cover his cheeks as he scratches the back of his neck shyly. “And its already dark and I figure that it would be better if you walk home atleast with a guy..you know.. to protect you guys” he lets out a grin.

Yachi nods blushing.

Yachi, your bestfriend, already told you that there’s a thing between her and Hinata. Though she’s not sure if its mutual or just one-sided, she still thinks it purely because of friendship. Maybe Hinata was too kind. Though you could clearly see that both of them liked each other and the only resort needed was for one of them to confess. But it would be impossible for Yachi o do that, you thought. You knew that the girl was too shy and she was afraid that it might not be mutual. Yachi would rather endure the unlabeled relationship than risking it for something better or worse.

The three of you continued walking home. You were next to Yachi who was talking to Hinata with his bike on hand. Though you pretty much looked like a third wheel, because at that moment you really were you didn’t mind. You knew how much Hinata meant to your bestfriend and even though you’d looked like an idiot walking home with them you wouldn’t mind, all for your bestfriend’s happiness.

“Oi, oi Kageyama what are you doing?””

You hear Hinata said that after passing a lightpost and you look at the back to be sure of what you heard of.

“Kageyama-kun?” Yachi asks

You hear a sigh and you see Kageyaama step out of the shadow of a lightpost.

The moment you saw himm your heart skipped a beat and you knew you were blushing from head to toe.

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to walk home the opposite way? What are you doing here?” Hinata asks.

“..hinata boke…” Kageyama whispers

After the awkward atmosphere all of them resumed walking towards Yachi’s home.  With Yachi and Hinata having their own world you were left with nothing but to pair up walking with Kageyama.

“..I-I-Is your bag heavy?” Kageyama asks out of the blue.

“Sort of maybe its because of the textbooks..” you answer trying to remember what’s inside your bag.

You see Kageyama lend his hand, blushing.

“Eh?”

“Your bag. I-I-I can carry your bag if its that heavy.”

“EH?? But its ok I can managae hehe” You let out an embarrassed laugh.

Kageyama goes silent after the letter treatment. Your cry internally because you think that he couldn’t handle rejections.

“How about this. Lets exchange bags. Mine’s pretty light since it only contains few textbooks and a spare shirt.” He lends you his bag.

You smile as an answer and give him your backpack. You wear his slingbag only to be surprised at how light this is.

“Why is your bag that heavy?” Kageyama asks.

“Sorry…its just that… I need to study a lot tonight since exams are next month”

Kageyama slightly freezes at what you say and brush it off.

“And why is your bag so light? Don’t you bring textbooks and stuff?”

“I only bring what is needed.”

You both look at each other and giggle at wat he just said.  Hinata and Yachi takes a glimpse of both of you and were ventually shocked because they both saw Kageyama giggle….and its not scary its quite kawaii. Seeing Kageyama giggle made you smiled blushing and you were very thankful only the three of you were here because if anyone else saw Kageyama giggle you swear the whole Karasuno would fall for him.

After minutes of chit chatting, you wished that walking home to Yachi’s home would take forever because honestly you didn’t want this moment to end. It was like a dream come true. Kageyama Tobio the man of your dreams walking beside you and having the opportunity to talk with him is much more than a dream come true. So much for fairy tales your walk has come to an end and you’re all facing a tall building. Looks like its time.

Yachi and you both say goodbye to Hinata and Kageyama as they walk their way home.

You both get on an elevator towards Yachi’s apartment.  You absentmindedly smile remembering today’s events. First, you saw Kageyama again and you even saw him blushing. Second, he caught you when you were about to fall. You giggle at what you thought because it had double meaning. And lastly, you saw him giggle, which was next to never.

As you enter Yachi’s apartment you make your way to their bathroom and do your evening rituals as Yachi prepares for dinner.

Upon relaxing on the bath, you hear a very disturbing noise coming from..Kageyama’s bag. You blink twice in disbelief that you forgot to get your bag back. You search his bag where that noise was from only to find his phone vibrating. You tap answer.

“Ughh…is this [Name-chan]?”

“Yes this is, is this Kageyama-kun?”

“Yeah, I kinda forgot to give you back your bag. Sorry about that.”

“I’m sorry too.”

“Do you have anything important here that you desperately need?”

“I actually have to study for our quiz tomorrow and do our assignment ..but I have Yachi with me so I don’t need it that desperately.”

“But how about your assignment?”

“M-m-maybe w-w-we….”

You lips are shivering from embarrassment because its like your asking him out for a date but your just gonna ask him if its ok to meet him earlier.

“what?”

“I mean w-w-w-w-weeee cou-cou-coulld..y-y-y-ou k-know” You give up on the idea and sit on the bath tub realizing you need to cool yourself because of too much embarrassment.

“Wait, are you taking a bath?”
“Ugh yes why?”

“….”

You look at Kageyama’s phone only to see that he ended the call.

“Why would he..?” You ask yourself trying to figure why would he end the call so abruptly. You think deeper only to realize you were taking a bath. You were taking a bath. You were taking a bat. YoU WERE TAKING A BATH AND YOU WERE TALKING WITH KAGEYAMA ON THE PHONE. You blush from head to toe and lower your headto soak yourself in the warm bath.

As you finish taking a bath, refreshed. You tell Yachi you were finish as you look at Kageyama’s phone in deep thought.  You were very much tempted to explore his phone but you thought that it would be rude for you to look over his gadget without his permission.  Suddenly you receive a text message.

[Unknown umber]

How about we meet early so you can finish your assignment?”

[Kageyama]

Sounds fine!

 

You plunge yourself onto Yachi’s bed in happiness.

 

 

[A/N: HEY SO THIS ISNT THE END OF IT THIS STILL HAS A PART 2 AND PART 3 AND IM SORRY FOR THE DIRECT SHIPPING OF HINATA AND YACHI BUT IM ACTUALLY NOT SORRY ABOUT IT HEHE HINAYACHI RULEZ.]