2nd Bonus story: My birthday girl

A Best Friend Like Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let's go back in time once again, shall we? ;) - HIRAIdorkytaenganger

 

*ps: The song used and mentioned in this story are all songs that Yoojung really prepared for Doyeon's birthday. These songs are really written on the song list she made. And she did say that those songs are all related to Doyeon, somehow.

 

 

 

<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 

 

 

"Jah, Doyeon-ah.. If you're watching this, text me. Choose what song that you want me to sing." Yoojung said to the camera as if it's Doyeon that she's talking with right now. She lifted the paper in her hand and bring it closer toward the camera, showing the song list that she already prepared for celebrating Doyeon's birthday.

 

"Choose. It's all related to you." Yoojung added. Soon her phone softly beeping and Yoojung take a quick look to see the incoming chat from hopefully Doyeon. And she is right.

 

내 반쪽 <3

Stop making me cry, will you?? T___T

The text said. Yoojung tried her best to keep her straight face so their fans won't questioning her sudden-unusual bright smile.

*내 반쪽 literally means My Other Half. Re: Nae banjjok

 

She finally did it. Her mission is succeeded..

She wanted to make Doyeon feel touched with the suprise event that she prepared all alone by herself for the birthday girl who is currently in her hometown, Wonju with her family. Yoojung really want to celebrate Doyeon's birthday together with her but she knows Doyeon needs to be home too. She needs to spend her precious-rare free time with her family too. She can't be so selfish by keep wanting and insisting to keep Doyeon for herself. She loves Doyeon, she really do, and thus she will do whatever it takes to make Doyeon happy. And little sacrifice won't hurt, right?

Initially she wanted to make Doyeon feel touched but she really didn't expect for the latter to cry. Because Doyeon rarely cry. Not because she can't be moved easily but more because Doyeon always try to be strong, to look strong, and she hates it the most to make people worrying over her. She tends to do that to protect both of herself and the people she loves. Doyeon actually has many tears but she usually hide it from the others. She might looks so care-less and stress-free, but inside her mind, she thinks a lot too about so many things. It's just she's good at masking her sadness and worries, unlike Yoojung who always freely showing her emotions that could be like a roller coaster, sometimes  most of the times.  Kim Doyeon is really the opposite of Choi Yoojung. And yet, the two understand each other the best.

So Yoojung is more than satisfied because Doyeon just openly crying in front of her. Not literally in front of her as in really in front of Yoojung's very own eyes, but she let Yoojung to see her real emotion that she felt at the moment. She's lowering her guard and let Yoojung in. She let Yoojung to see through her, all of her. And Yoojung feel extremely proud of herself for that. All of her hard work seem paid off.

 

"Should i sing 'Winter Child'? Since Doyeonie was born in winter?" Yoojung softly asked to the fans but it more looks like she was talking to herself.

 

Gyeoure taeeonan areumdaun dangsineun

Born in the winter, this beautiful you.

 

Nuncheoreom kkaekkeuthan namanui dangsin

Clean like snow, you who belong to me.

 

Gyeoure taeeonan sarangseureon dangsineun

Born in the winter, the lovable you.

 

Nuncheoreom malgeun namanui dangsin

Clear as snow, you who belongs to me

 

Hajiman bom, yeoreumgwa gaeul, gyeoul. Eonjena malgo kkaekkeuthae

Regardless whether it’s spring, summer, autumn, or winter. You always clear and clean

 

Saengil chukhahamnida, saengil chukhahamnida

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you.

 

Saengil chukhahamnida. Dangsinui saengireul

Happy Birthday To You. It's your birthday.

 

Yes, Doyeon is forever Yoojung's precious winter child.

And much as Yoojung hates the coldness in winter, it will be fine for her as long as she gets her winter lover to warm her up.

 

After she finished sing a bit of 'Winter Child' song, her phone beeped again.

 

내 반쪽 <3

California King Bed. I really like that song.. But on my second thought, can't you just sing all of them for me? Pwease..?

Another chat from Doyeon.

 

Yoojung finally let herself to curved her lips slightly, just slightly upward because of Doyeon's cute request. She can perfectly imagine Doyeon's face right now. With her pouty ducky lips, her red-swollen eyes and wet cheeks because she just cried. Yoojung can't reply to Doyeon's chat right now since she's still doing the live and there are thousands fans watching her vlive. So Yoojung decided to sing 'California King Bed' that Doyeon asked her to.

 

As she sings, so many memories flashed back into her mind. She can't help but smiling wider as she sings, remember all of the things she has been through with Doyeon. It feels warm.. To recall those memories she shared with Doyeon.

 

"All of these songs.. I choose them because there are pieces of you in each and every song." Yoojung said inwardly as the memories washed over her mercilessly.

She can't help but missing Doyeon even more now. She really wish she can just open her eyes and see Doyeon's smiling face in front of her. Seeing her standing few feets away from her so she can just run toward her real fast and jumped into Doyeon's comforting embrace without having any fear of falling. Because she knows Doyeon will always catch her.

She can't stand the distance if it's with Doyeon. Because she and Doyeon usually always only a hand apart. They are inseparable just like that. All she need to do is to reach out her finger and she could feel Doyeon's warm hand catching them. But that won't work now. Because she's in Seoul and Doyeon is in Wonju. They are ten thousand miles apart from each other.

Yoojung - California king bed

 

Chest to chest
Nose to nose
Palm to palm
We were always just that close
Wrist to wrist
Toe to toe
Lips that felt just like the inside of a rose
So, how come when I reach out my finger
It feels like more than distance between us

In this California king bed
We're ten thousand miles apart
I've been California wishing on these stars
For your heart for me
My California king

 

God, she missed Doyeon even more now after singing the song. She surely will video call Doyeon again after she's done with the v live. No matter what, she has to see Doyeon's face again. She has to hear Doyeon's voice again. For the sake of sanity that already on its edge. Hell, she really want to just throw away her sanity and take any bus or train that can take her to Wonju the fastest. 

 

Yoojung tried to make her breath become even again after she sings the song and decided to sing one more song for Doyeon since she already got the approval from her manager to sing one more song before she ended the v live.

 

So after some thoughts, Yoojung decided to sing 'Ophelia'.

And once again, memories flooding her mind like a catastrophe.

A beautiful catastrophe. 

Yoojung - Ophelia

 

geudaeui nanmaldeureun sulcheoreom dalgie

Your words are sweet just like alcohol.

 

naneun jujeo eobsi modu bada masyeoyo

Without any hesitation, i drink them all.

 

naega haneun mareul najocha mot mideul ttaedo, neoneun nareul da mideotjyo

When my ownself can't bring myself to believe in the words i said, you believed in me, all of me.

 

*flashback*

 

*knock knock*

"Come in.. Oh, you. The tall Fantagio girl." One of the trainee said once she saw Doyeon standing behind the dorm door.

"Hi." Doyeon awkwardly bow at her and then let her eyes wandering inside the room, looking for a petite familiar figure.

"Oh, you must be looking for the short Fantagio girl, right? The trainee said again with a small playful smile on her pretty face. Doyeon just again, awkwardly nodded and smile back timidly at her.

"Yoojung-ahhhh! Someone's here looking for you." It turns out Yoojung was the one inside the bathroom, no wonder Doyeon couldn't find her earlier in the room. Soon the bathroom's door flipped open and a pair of familar warm yet sad eyes looking back right through hers.

"Oh, Doyeon-ah.. What happens?" Yoojung taking steps forward, approaching Doyeon who still standing near the door.

"I.. Can we have lunch together?" Doyeon asked with a smile. A smile that didn't reach her eyes. A smile that was not from her heart. Yoojung can easily tell. Even Doyeon herself maybe knows that Yoojung knows that.

"Like now?"

"Yeah, like now."

"Sure." Yoojung stepped out of her room and closed the door behind her after telling her roommates about her leaving with Doyeon.

 

Right now the two best friends sits in front of each other in the Produce 101 cafetaria. But Yoojung can sense the weird ambience that engulfing them. It's too quiet. Doyeon is too quiet. And Yoojung can predict that this quietness is like the calm before the storm. But she didn't want to pry. She knows sooner or later Doyeon will break the silence. Might as well drop the bomb. But what irks Yoojung is the fact that she can't really pinpoint what's the matters. She can't really guess what things that are running inside Doyeon's head right now. And she hates herself for that. Because usually she always knows. If it's about her best friend named Kim Doyeon, her one and only friend she has with the name Kim Doyeon, she will always know. Because the two shared this connection, the special bond you migh call it, that make the two could understand each other the most, maybe not all the times, but it works, most of the times. There were few rare times too when they can't read each other, like at all. For instance, like now for Yoojung.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you??!" Yoojung who just lifted up her spoon, trying to fed herself, has to stopped in the midway after hearing her best friend's sudden outburst at her. 

"Y-yah.. Wha--" It's true that Yoojung already predicted the possibility of Doyeon dropping the bomb, but doesn't mean she will calmly handle the situation. Yoojung get bewildered even more when she saw fresh warm tears falling down from Doyeon's eyes like a waterfall. Luckily at that time not so many trainees still wandering or staying in the cafetaria, because Yoojung knows her best friend hates it when people see her tears, her weak side.

Yoojung quickly rushed to Doyeon's side and pulled the taller girl into her embrace to comfort her, but Doyeon strongly resist.

"You! I hate you! God, i hate you s-so muchh!" Doyeon said with her index finger poking Yoojung's chest. It hurts Yoojung. No, not the pokes that Doyeon gave her but seeing Doyeon cried and hearing Doyeon said that the latter hates her. She knows Doyeon might not really meant it since she is not really emotionally stable right now. Funny how Yoojung can said that because usually it's always her who faced that unstable emotion issue between the two, while Doyeon always the stable one. 

"What did i do, Doyeon-ah? Whatever it is i'm sorry, okay? Please don't cry." Yoojung pleaded.

"I hate you for making me cry like this. It's so embarrassing you know. Hiing~" Doyeon unconsciously, cutely pouted and whined in the middle of her sobs. If it's in normal situation, Yoojung surely will squealing so loud right now for seeing Doyeon's rare aegyo.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please don't cry because of me." Yoojung softly said as she helps Doyeon to wipe away her tears with her hands.

"Do you even know what mistake you did? I bet you don't." Yoojung can't answer that simply because Doyeon is right. She doesn't know her mistake this time to make Doyeon cried so bad like this. But whatever is that, she's more than willing to make it up for Doyeon.

"I'm sorry. But you're right.. i don't know." Yoojung embarrassedly admitted with her head bending low. Doyeon just sighed before she softly hold the sides of Yoojung's head. She pinched Yoojung's cheek and lift the older girl's face to look at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter