Bonus story: Yoodaeng and her heart problem

A Best Friend Like Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note:

This story inspired by the punishment that Team So received when they lost in the game in Sukira (Super Junior Kiss Radio) in era 'Whatta Man'. The radio DJ at that time was Leeteuk.

I highly recommended to you to look for the video first in Youtube so you can relate to this story better. No need to watch the whole radio broadcast, just the cut of their punishment. Strong unnie's punishment cut

To be exact the first punishment where team So (Somi, Nayoung, Doyeon) have to acted as a strong unnie that want to confess her love to the man she likes. It's super hilarious and greasy? Haha

You can think this chap as the continuation of the previous chap. But you can also see it as a new different story. It can work both way.

 

Enjoy!(?)

*****

 

(Author's POV)

Team So have to carry out their punishment as they lost in the game against team Yoo earlier in the radio live broadcast. Team So consist of Somi, Nayoung and Doyeon. While in team Yoo, there are Yoojung, Sohye, Kyulkyung and Chungha. It's funny how the groups actually get naturally divided by their height. The tall team and short team. Ahem, anyway, team So lost and they got 3 punishments. 

1. They have to use their acting skill, be a strong unnie who will confess their love.

2. They have to show aegyo as they sing the killer part in 'Whatta Man' which happened to be Yoojung's part when she charismatically sings the lines, "Mwonga dalla? Mwonga dalla?!"

3. And lastly, they have to dance to 'Whatta Man' in 2 times faster speed. Not really a new thing for them since they already did it several times. The previous two punishment surely will be more difficult than the last one.

So team So decided to do the hardest ones first.

"Annyeonghaseyo. We're from team So. And since we lost, we're going to do the punishment given. First from xxx-nim *reading the sender's name*. Please show us how a 센 언니 (strong unnie) confessing her love to a man she likes. Okay, we'll do that. I'll be the boyfriend first and Doyeon be the strong unnie." Stone leader said with the younger two girls standing on her left, listening to their leader unnie.

Doyeon timidly nodded after hearing the instruction given to her. Her hands are still awkwardly clasping with each others because honestly speaking, she feels kind of nervous and tensed. Doyeon doesn't feel uncomfortable or whatsoever with Nayoung, hell she adores Nayoung a lot for her patience and leadership as the big unnie in the group. God knows how hard it is for her to manage 10 kids and taking the biggest responsibilities for their team. Not to mention her motherly figure, or more like fatherly? Because she talks less, not so expressive in showing her love but she does care a lot about her dongsaeng. She's a type of person who will smiling proudly at you from behind.

So, the reason as to why Doyeon feels nervous is because without the need to turn her head, she can feel a strong stare from the front. She can feel it but she strongly refuse to let her eyes meet with the person's. 

"You can do this, Doyeon-ah. HWAITING!" Doyeon have a quick pep talk with herself inside her head and then stepped forward, approaching Nayoung so they can start their mission.

 

"Okay, strong unnie." Doyeon said, more to herself as she grabbed Nayoung's hand.

Doyeon slightly squinted her eyes and put up her best poker face, her expression gets darker as she's cornering Nayoung. When the wall is only an inch behind Nayoung, Doyeon gently pushed Nayoung by her shoulder, causing the older girl to yelped in both surprise with Doyeon's act and also the slight pain from her back when its collided with the wall. Doyeon's eyes widen when she heard Nayoung's yelp, afraid that she accidentally hurt her unnie. But Nayoung look at her and blinked, trying to silently telling Doyeon that she's alright and she should keep on going with the act. Fortunately Doyeon got the message so she continues.

"Im Nayoung." Doyeon called out with her gentle voice as she looks deeply into Nayoung's eyes.

"Ne?" Nayoung accidentally quivered. Feeling suddenly small under Doyeon's gaze when in fact she's obviously not small. Yoodaeng is. Nayoung only one centimeter shorter than the handsome girl in front of her right now.

"I like you." Doyeon boldy, confidently confessed, cornering Nayoung even more, their shoulders pressed closely against each other.

"AAHHKK!" Doyeon so ever femininely shrieked.

Instead of verbally answering Doyeon, Nayoung put her hands on Doyeon's head and pulled the girl in, close enough to see the small hidden moles in each other's face but that's that. Nayoung tilted her head and pretend to kiss Doyeon like what she usually saw in the movies and drama and then as fast as she pulled Doyeon in, she let go after making sure that Doyeon already standing firmly on her own. She must be surprised, Nayoung thought.

"Okay, done up to here. Next next." Nayoung tried her best to keep her cool and not blushing as she waved to the camera.

"Now i'll be the strong unnie and you'll be the boyfriend." Nayoung told Doyeon.

"Why me again? Where's that satan kid?!" Doyeon inwardly cursed as she see Somi standing rather at the corner, watching them amusingly. Doyeon let out another curse as her eyes accidentally look up to  her front for a split second just to met Yoojung's not so happy eyes. Doyeon shook her head lightly and preparing herself to play another role which is to be a boyfriend.

But Doyeon can't stop herself from wondering.. why on earth her best friend named Choi Yoojung who wears a red hoodie that too big on her to the radio show today, making her look even more cuter in that oversized hoodie, have to stay there, in front of them, watching them closely doing their punishment when the other members from Yoo team are doing their own things on the sofa in the left corner on this room. Why Yoojung is here when the other members aren't? What is she doing?

Doyeon tried her best to put those thought aside and focusing to help Nayoung unnie to play her part. Doyeon naturally go back to her binggu Doyeon's mode (binggu means silly/dumb but in cute way), as she lifted her arms, trying to make herself look bulky when obviously she's too skinny for that. She pushed her chest up, trying to look more manly.

Her facade immediately crumbles down to the floor as Nayoung throw a ball of paper in her hand to Doyeon, looking all scary.

Doyeon flinched a little and subconsciously took a step back as the paper ball hit her.

"Wae wae wae?" Doyeon asked in both of confusion and fear as Nayoung pushed her backward, and cornering her. Now the table has turned. Doyeon could only look at Nayoung like a scared puppy. What a rare sight. Seeing Kim Satan acted like a lil pup.

Instead of answering Doyeon's question, Nayoung slings her arm around Doyeon's neck, and pulled the younger girl into a side hug that more look like a headlock.

"Nayoung-ah.. Nayoung-ah.. please don't hit me." Doyeon pleaded as she's lowering her head.

"I like you, you know that right?" Nayoung straightforwardly said. Doyeon could only nodding her head.

"You will accept me, right?"

"Y-yeah." Doyeon unsurely nodded again.

"Algecoyongg~ (I knew it~)" Nayoung said with her high pitched voice, showing her aegyo and cute wide smile that she rarely show as she's THE stone, what do you expect? As she jumped into Doyeon's embrace, hugging her 'boyfriend' happily. Doyeon just laughed and hugged Nayoung back. It's a pretty heart-warming sight actually. But seems the short girl in red hoodie who tied her hair into a bun wants to beg to differ. For her, it's true that the sight is heart-warming, heart-burning even. She doesn't know why she feels like this? Maybe because she feels so sleepy right now? And her eyes still hurt from the crying earlier. And her PMS, they are all only add sensitivity to her sensitive heart, sending it to its peak.

"Now scenario three." Nayoung said and beckoned Somi to come forward since now it's her turn.

"You two do rock-paper-scissors to decide." Somi said to her unnies and the two immediately complied, as the usual, maknae on top.

Nayoung win. So both Somi and Doyeon thought she'll do the honor to play the role as Somi's boyfriend. How bewildered DoSom get when they watched how Nayoung casually excused herself out from the camera frame and standing at the back instead.

"Mwo?" Doyeon asked in confusion before she finally can digest the situation. Nayoung ditched her and she has to be the boyfriend again. Great. Just great.

"Mwoyaaaa~ why the losing person have be my boyfriend?" Somi said as she whined and giggled at the same time, finding the situation rather funny. Their stone leader is seriously could be funny in her own way.

"C'mon, i'll be your boyfriend." Doyeon said and back to her acting as a bulky strong man by lifting up her hands, trying to show her non-existance muscles.

Somi smiled seeing Doyeon's dork antique.

"Doyeon-ah.." Somi called out, already immersing in her role as the strong unnie.

"Dibidi bidib!" Somi said playfully and waved her hand to the left, as if she's playing 'cham cham cham' game with Doyeon. Doyeon is wity enough to quickly catch up with Somi's acting impromptu.

Somi quickly hugged Doyeon tightly but Doyeon just stood still, making her body as solid and stiff as a log, with her both hands fall on her sides, she let Somi do whatever she wants with her but the at the same time she decided to not overly get into her role because the more she acts, the more she could feel the cold stare from her front, causing her to feel even more nervous and uncomfortable under that gaze.

Somi then did the similar thing like what Nayoung did earlier, but Somi did it even harder this time.

"AAHKK!!" Doyeon shrieked again and finally used her hand to clutching on to Somi's body for support because that satan kid just pulled her roughly, causing Doyeon to lost her balance but Somi is still kind enough to hold Doyeon's securely as she pretend to kiss the latter. Somi surely is a one strong kid. Or maybe it's just Doyeon who is the weak?

"What's wrong with these women? Why they keep flipping me around." Doyeon inwardly thought.

Doyeon just hit Somi's waist lightly after the latter set Doyeon free from her embrace.

"Okay so the mission completed!" Nayoung unnie rushed back to our side and said to the camera.

"Yeah, but did we really do it rightly? The strong unnies?" Doyeon laughed. Her eyes accidentally met Yoojung's again for the second time. But this time Yoojung isn't glaring at her. Instead she has a small smile on her face. 

"Anyway, move to the second punishment." Nayoung announced and effectively brings Doyeon's back from her 'daydreaming'.

"Mwonga ttalo~"

"Mwonga ttalooou~"

"Mwonga ttalaa~" The trio tried hard, too hard, to sing the line cutely.

Yoojung as the original singer of the line can only grimaced. She groaned loudly as she shows how her fingers curling because of her members' aegyo.

After team So finishing their 2nd punishment, Yoojung thought the camera already turned off so she lung herself forward to playfully hit her members who just showed her a not so pleasant aegyo using her line. Somi and Nayoung just laughed after get attacked by baby Yoodaeng but Doyeon didn't. She didn't laugh at all because she's busy hissing in pain because Yoojung slapped her a little bit too hard, accidentally... or not?

On their way back to their dorm inside the car, Doyeon realized that something is not right with her best friend slash roommate. Doyeon knows that Yoojung must be tired and sleepy, but instead of seeing the girl fall asleep, she sees how Yoojung keep shut as she looks outside the window. She seems in a deep thought and being too quite for Doyeon's liking. It worries her.

"Yoojung-ah." Doyeon softly called out as she gently nudged the girl. Luckily she sits beside the latter so it's not hard to talk with her with a whisper-like voice. The other members are sleeping right now so she doesn't want to disturb their sleep.

"Hm?" Yoojung lazily hummed without turning her head to face Doyeon. Doyeon doesn't like that but she didn't voice out her protest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter