Oppaya

Honeymoon With A Stranger

When I have butterflies on my stomach,

I can't get rid of this feelings

(Oppaya - Seenroot)

 

 

After what seemed like forever, Byul and Kyujong separated, lungs out of air and mind out of sorts. One thing for sure, the both of them knew they've just had the best kiss in their lives.

Their mind finally came to realize what happened when their guests' started howling and clapping, teasing them. In fact, another one instigated the shouting for an encore of their 'performance' but thanks to Kyujong's father, the crowd settled and even booed at the old man for having to take the two away just after being introduced. The two quietly followed the older gent with Kyujong leading Byul and holding her hands. When they finally got to where old Kim was taking them, the old man locked the door and closed the windows and curtains making sure that whatever the old man had to say is not to be witnessed and heard by anyone else who may happen to pass by.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Kyujong asked making Byul sit down on the couch and taking the spot next to her.

Sungkyu didn't answer his question taking a folder from his desk drawer and then taking the seat in front of the couple.

"First of all, I'm sorry for dragging you both in here but there's an urgent matter I need to discuss with you two at the moment." He started and took out a couple of documents accompanied with A4 size pictures similar to what Kyujong had brought back with him to the hotel suite. "My contact had these delivered while Kyujong and you were talking in the room and I got a chance to give my friend a call."

"What are there?" Kyujong said taking the documents while handing the photos to Byul who's initial reaction was shock.

"T-that isn't me." Those were the first words uttered by her. Byul placed the photos down and looked at old man Kim as if pleading that he believe her. "T-the girl. T-that's not me."

Sungkyu nodded his head and Kyujong placed the documents down  holding her to his side. "Don't worry. We're all sure that that wasn't you in the picture. Like I said, these were delievered earlier. Look at the time stamps."

Kyujong and Byul looked at the stamps and noticed that they were taken just a few minutes after one in the afternoon and since it's already pass four, that could only mean that these photos were taken more or less three hours ago. Kyujong placed everything back in the folder making sure nothing is forgotten.

"Dad. Did they get him?" Byul pleaded to herself that the authorities hopefully caught him but the way her new father-in-law look, it could only mean one thing.

"He managed to runaway before the security could react. They did managed to take the girl in custody."  He said.

"Is she okay? D-did they hurt her?" 

Kyujong felt strangely amazed at how Byul immediately pushed aside her own worries for some random girl she doesn't even know. He rubbed her shoulder trying to comfort her. "I'm sure they got to her safely. Right dad?"

"Well, my friend told me that they had the girl sent to a hospital for a thorough examination to check on both her mental and physical stability." Sungkyu answered and then sighed. "But based from what she told him, the girl had been lured to come here in Hawaii under false pretenses of being given a proper job and a proper housing. They got her here on legal terms but still under false pretenses."

"What's going to happen to her?" The older Kim took one of Byul's hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Right now, since she has all her documents and has been cooperating with the consulate, I'm sure they embassy will reconsider her case and even help her find a proper housing and employment."

"W-what about Jung Ilgyung and his friendi? What if they find and get to her first?" She asked again.

"They won't." It was Kyujong who answered her this time.

"Kyujong's right. For now, because of that possibility, the girl will be housed under the watchful eyes of the Korean embassy until they arrest  those two." Sungkyu gave her hand another squeeze again. "For now, whatever comes after depends on what the two of you have come to agree upon." He then sighed and straightened up giving the two a serious expression. "What have you two agree on?"

The truth is, the two didn't really come to any form of agreement aside from agreeing to marry each other. 

Kyujong turned to see Byul who gave him an awkward but reassuring smile before answering the old man.

 

After their talk, Byul had to make a couple of calls to settle somethings back home since she still wasn't able to go back home even after the problem being somewhat resolved. When they decided to join the party, two girls, who were about Byul's age, came and took her back to Kyujong's room and had her strip down once more to change into a halter top blue dress with Hawaiian tropical prints on it, paired with a khaki colored beach sandal. Only after getting changed did she finally get to meet her 'captors' who introduced themselves as Kalea, a bright and bubbly girl who also happens to be the youngest sibling of Kai - the guy she screamed at earlier; and Nani, who has that calm and elegant around her.

"Here, drink this." Kalea handed her what looked like ice tea while Nani had the wedding dress kept, and she drank the whole thing in one go which shocked the bubbly girl. "Oh no! You were supposed to drink it slowly."

"Drink what slowly?" Nani asked finishing her task. Kalea took the bottle and hid it behind her back telling her it was nothing. "You better not be doing anything that'll make oppa nag again."

"Hey! I told you, Nani. We can't call him oppa anymore, he's already married." Kalea swayed but then Byul chuckled and tried her best to communicate with the girls despite her awkwardness towards the language. "I-it's okay. Call him oppa. It's okay."

"You sure?" Byul nodded and that seemed to make the two feel more natural towards her. They chatted a bit more and with them, Byul didn't feel so awkward talking in English.

"Hey everybody! Look who we have here!" Kalea ran to the deck as they walked out of the house and Nani pulled Byul to follow along. With just her appearance everyone clapped and told her praises but as they did that, she was hoping to find one particular person to be doing the same. She gave everyone a 90 degree bow thanking them for their praises and they went to continue with their partying while she looked around for her missing man.

"Nani! Who invited little miss airhead?!" Kalea quickly withdrawed her hands and covered Byul's sight to stop her from following where she had pointed at but the girl was a little too late as she finally found her missing man. But then, there was this instant feeling where she didn't like what she saw.

"Uh... S-she's just a friend from highschool, unnie." Nani awkwardly smiled.

 She had found out that the two girls were a year younger than her so as to attempt to get them to feel more comfortable around her, she told them to call her either by her name alone or unnie.

Byul smiled at the two and then without a word, she stepped to the side and escape their attempt to hold her back, quickly making her way to her husband's side. 

The closer she got to where they were, she noticed how strange Kyujong acted around the girl. 

Nani said she was a highschool friend. But then again, it is highschool we're talking about here. And those years are the most delicate years for a person. A lot of thoughts played in her head and she could only come into the conclusion of him and miss airhead - as Kalea called her - having had a very interesting past.

Noticing how the woman was quickly closing in on her husband, her pace went a little bit faster and before the woman could stick her body to him, Byul cleared gaining the attention of the two.

 

Kyujong was startled but felt grateful to whoever it was that came and when he turned around to face that person, he couldn't be more grateful seeing Byul standing infront of him looking like she somehow understood what he was going through.

Byul smiled and without a word, tiptoed with hands on his chest and gave his lips a peck. "Hi."

He had to admit, he was a little taken aback but then a grinned like some lovesick fool. "Hi."

"Uh... Excuse me? What's going on here?" Miss airhead asked point a finger back and forth between them.

Just by the tone of her voice, Byul knew she succeeded in doing what she wanted aside of coming to the aid of her husband. Hmm... Still sounds strangely comfy.

"Eoh? Hello." She greeted as if just noticing her then. Kyujong almost guffawed, amazed at how great she acted.

Wait... That means the kiss too... Well, at least I got a kiss. He thought thinking about the brighter side of things. Okay, Kyujong. Time to gear up.

"Baby, this is Aila, one of my highschool juniors. Aila," Kyujong wrapped an arm around Byul's  waist, "this is my lovely wife Byulyi."

She bowed then raised her hand for the woman to shake but when Aila made it clear that she didn't want to be friends, Byul kept her smile and pulled her hand back. She watched as the woman eyed her up and down not caring if she was in front of Kyujong.

"Really? You mean to tell me you chose a little girl over this?" Aila said waving her hand over her body before placing it on her waist. "Is she even legal?"

Clearly, Byul felt insulted but kept her composure. She felt Kyujong's hold tighten a little as he pulled her closer to his side and said, "I was thinking of inviting you to join the celebration but I think it's time for you to go.

Aila's made a sudden attitude change. "Oh come on, Jongie. Don't be such a party pooper. I was just telling the truth." She smirked rolling her eye at Byul. "Besides, I don't even think she understood one thing from what I said."

Kyujong was about to say something back but Byul beat him to it. "You are welcome to join us with the celebration." Although she had her accent, anyone else who heard her would've understood everyword she said. And by the look on Aila's face - which turned pale white - it's very clear that she understood her.

With that, Kyujong didn't need to say more as he gently pulled her for them to return to the party leaving the girl absoutely shocked. They didn't even bother to check if the girl left or whatever.

 

Kalea, Nani, Koa and Kai, who quietly witnessed what happened praised their new family member for having such self control and not whacking little miss airhead in the face just for what she said. With them buzzing around her, Kyujong didn't get to talk or even apologize to Byul for what happened until they were left alone to enjoy their meal.

"Huh?" Byul shook her head swallowing what she had in before looking at him. "You didn't do anything wrong. Why are you even apologizing?"

He shyly robbed the back of his head. "I should've just told her to get lost in the first place. I'm also sorry for what she said."

Byul rolled her eyes but with a very amused smile on her face. "Don't be. She's the one who said it so if anyone should be apologizing, it should be her. I don't know what her deal is but if she doesn't change, someone will really give her the whacking of her life."

Kyujong chuckled and they continued eating. All through out, as they danced, sang and chatted with their friends and guests, the two never mentioned anything regarding the kisses or anything else that could disrupt their happy time.

Speaking of which, when the crowd asked for the bride to show them some talent, Kyujong couldn't help but state the fact that she could sing and which only caused the crowd to basically demand for her to give them a performance. 

Normally, being in front of these many strangers, no matter how nice and welcoming they are, Byul would still be the shy and quiet girl whose embarassed to do anything infront of so many a stranger. But... Thanks to a certain someone who had her drink a 250 ml flask of spiked ice tea and kept making her drink the spiked drink all through the party, Byul felt totally uninhibited as she got up on the deck--stage and grabbed the guitar and mic.

She even had Kyujong translate that she'll be singing something of their own tongue since she barely remembers the lyrics to one of her favorite English songs. By the time she was done, the crowd clapped so loud they were sure even the realm of the Night Marchers heard them.

"You did great." Kyujong said a little later, helping her off the stage with her head down. "What's wrong?" He asked trying to lift her head up but when he felt her cheeks wet, he knew the song must've triggered something in her. Keeping her hid in his chest, he said their goodnights to everyone and carried her to bed.

"Don't go." She pleaded holding his hand as he laid her to bed. "P-please."

Kyujong didn't say a word and laid next to her, pulled the sheets on them and let her rest her head on his chest.

 

    

 

Just incase any of you were

wondering about the dress.

*Credit to Owner

 

 

 

 

 

*N: Questions...

Have any of you watched Mamamoo's latest IS2 performance?

If you haven't, I suggest you do. Look for it under the youtube channel K(.)BSKpop.

BE WARNED!

[BRING TISSUES/HANDKERCHIEFS: ONION NINJAS EVERYWHERE]

BTW> I need your help for the W title. Can you suggest any song - kpop or not.

I'd really appreciate it :D

Also, I'm a bit achy because of  an ear infection (atleast i think it is...) so I might not be able to post any new chapter for the next week. [I get really b*tchy when I'm in sort of pain so I tend to focus my mind into enduring it and thus unabling me to think properly about anything else.]