Ease

Honeymoon With A Stranger

 

Tell me all of the things that make you feel at ease
Your touch, my comfort, and my lullaby

(Ease - Troye Sivan)

 

 

"Finally!" Byul exasperated as her call to the maknae finally got through on her fifth attempt.

"Hi, unnie."

"You better have a good reason why you've had me baking under the sun for the past half hour!" She hissed in exaggeration even though she's been sitting under her shaded porch.

"Tch." She heard the girl scoff and she could have exploded worst if she wasn't pregnant. "Yah!"

"Chill, unnie. I'm on my way. I just had to make a couple of arrangements for today." Hyejin explained causing a bit of her infruration to be replaced with confusion. "Arrangements? I thought you only had the meeting scheduled for today? A meeting which is about to start in less than ten minutes where you promised to pick me up half an hour before the set time."

"Woman, chill. Just get your pretty little out those gates, I'll be there in a minute or two." The girl replied and hanged up the phone before she could even answer. "Hey-"

She stood there for a second glaring at her phone before she found herself getting up and walking down and out to the gates to meet the younger girl. "Oh, I'm so going to give you an earful Ahn Hyejin." She muttered closing the gates just as she heard a car honk nearing her house.

As the car pulled to a stop beside her, the window of the passenger seat rolled down and she could see Ahn Hyejin leaning over with a smile. "Hi, pretty pregnant lady. Get in." She greeted and Byul could only scowl wanting to do what she promised to do earlier but unable to do so knowing it was just her hormones messing with her.

"Put your seatbelt on." The maknae said sweetly even though she had already reached out to do it for her.

"You should've just called me and told me you were coming late so that I could've driven instead of waiting for you." Byul lightly scolded as Hyejin started driving to their destination.

"As if you would do that." Hyejin chuckled.

And she herself knew she wouldn't do something like that especially in her condition where there's a possibility of her passing out while driving like she almost did the other day right as she was parking her car which her husband found out about who then passed the information to their family and friends. Knowing she can't really argue as it is for both their sakes, she just scowled and retired to watching the city view out her window on their way to the company.

 

As they approached the block of their company, Byul expected for Hyejin to make the turn as their reach the curve but the girl just continued driving ahead. She thought she must have lost her focus but when she looked at the girl's face, she was totally focused with her smile still plastered on her face and her eyes on the road so it just confused her how the girl could've missed the turn.

"Uhm... You're making a U-turn at the next corner, right?" She asked.

"Hmm?" For a second, Hyejin looked as if she didn't understand what Byul said. "Oh! The meeting. I forgot! Well, they'll just have to go on without us." The girl said nonchalantly and turned her attention back to the road.

"Wha-" Byul blinked in and looked at Hyejin, bewildered by her answer. "What do you mean they'll just have to go on without us?!" She exclaimed causing the girl to jump in surprise. "We may be late for whatever this meeting is about but I'll be damned if I don't get to attend it! You know emergency meetings aren't arranged out of the blue!"

"Chill, hormonal woman! I was just joking!" Hyejin said pulling over the side so they can continue their conversation without risking their safety.

"Joking?! What do you mean you're joking?"  Byul tried to tone it down but the heat and her hormone wasn't helping her at all.

"Oh-kay... I'm just going to turn the AC on a little colder?.. Maybe that'll help?" Hyejin looked frightened and attentively cautious of her actions, even backing away from her unnie as far as the space in the car could let her.

"Ahn Hyejin, if you don't notice, I'm not in the mood-"

Her angry ranting got interrupted when Hyejin's phone rang saving her from Byul.

"Saved by the bell." Hyejin muttered under her breath as she gave the glaring woman an awkward smile before picking it up and putting the call on speaker after realizing who was calling. "Dragonlday you're on speaker." She said to alert the person on the other end from making any mistakes and breaking out what was about to happen that day.

"Where are you? Is Byullie with you?

Byul recognized Yongsun's voice and thinking the older girl was calling from the said meeting, she glared at Hyejin and grabbed the phone from her. "Hi, unnie. Uhm, I'm sorry we're late for the meeting but I'll make sure we get there as soon as we can."

"Hey, Byul. Forget the meeting. There's something more important you two need to attend to." Yongsun said and Byul raised a brow. "What could be more important? Isn't this meeting regarding the upcoming album making it an emergency?"

"PD-nim's close friend set us up for a last minute photoshoot as a favor to his friend who's trying to catch up on a deadiine and seeing as you've made quite the drama this past weeks, Mamamoo is in demand- long story'short, the meeting's cancelled and you're already late for the photoshoot so you better be getting your asses here as soon as you can." Yongsun rarely cursed and when she did it was because she was singing an explicit song or is totally pissed so it surprised Byul to hear her that way.

"Okay?" Byul answered and Hyejin took the phone back.

"I can't drive and talk, unnie. We'll see you in a bit." Hyejin said and hanged up before the older girl could say anything else. She then turned to find Byul still looking pissed at her as she restarted the engine. "What?"

"You couldn't have just told me it was cancelled because of a schedule?" Byul scolded accusingly.

Hyejin shrugged and started driving again. "It's not like I wasn't about to. You just went all hormonal on me that it freaked me out for a second. Heck, I thought you were about to pull out my extension or something."

"Ugh. Whatever." Byul rolled her eyes at the maknae's exaggeration and the younger girl laughed before saying uh-oh and pulling the car to a stop again. "Uh-oh what?"

"Don't look now but the dragonlady's really pissed." Hyejin warned and not a second after she put her car in park, Byul's side of the door was opened and there stood Yongsun with leaning to take off the belt for Byul and rush her out of the car.

"Come on! You're already late as it is!" Yongsun scolded helping Byul out of the car and pulling her gently as she could inside some boutique.

"Woah! Slow down, unnie." Byul said after almost toppling over the girl.

"Sorry." Yongsun said and set her on the make up chair where a crew had started working on her before she could even ask questions.

 

"Wait-" Byul said which had the make up artist pause from applying the lipstick. "Aren't I on official hiatus? Why am I included for the photoshoot? And what kind of photoshoot is this anyway?" She asked after realizing that her status as an idol/celebrity had been put on hold since almost a month ago.

Yongsun and Hyejin who were also seated and was being taken care of looked at each other talking with their eyes. From Byul's point of view, with how the two raised their brows, it looked as if they were having a secret argument which the two of them could understand and she grew suspicious.

"Alright." She said standing up from her chair and crossing her arms at the two. "What is going? And don't even start lying because-"

The door opened before she could continue and there came Wheein followed by their manager who seemed to be arguing about some random things.

"Uh... Yo???" Wheein greeted awkwardly after realizing that all eyes were on her. "What's going? Why's everybody staring at me? Is there something on my face?"

Byul looked at Wheein and then turned to the two who seemed to be anxious about something. Huh? Something's really fishy. She thought to herself and then seeing as Wheein is the new arrival, she might as well as the girl what is really going on. "Good thing you're here." She said taking the girl by the hand and holding her at arms length. "Mind telling me what is going on?"

Wheein seemed genuinely confused. "What is going on with what? I thought we're all here for the photoshoot?"

She didn't want to believe her so easily but seeing how confused the girl looked with everything that was going on, she couldn't help but believe anyway. "I am on hiatus." She told the girl.

"Uh... So?" 

"Unnie, I think your hormone's-" Byul raised a brow at Hyejin who quickly mimed zipping her lips and throwing away the key. "I am on hiatus thus leading to the question as to why I am involved with the schedule as a Mamamoo member. Why do I have a schedule being involved as a member of Mamamoo?"

Wheein tilted her head to the side and looked at her funny. "I'm guessing those two didn't tell you?"

"Y-yah! Jung Wheein." Yongsun warned but Hyejin stopped her along with Byul's raised brow. 

"Tell me what?"

"PD-nim didn't want to put you on a schedule but his friend begged to have it temporarily revoked for one day because he wanted to have Y-O-U, you as his main subject for this months cover. Along with your partner that is." Wheein answered so simply and Byul could've sworn that she saw Yongsun sigh in relief. "Why me? I'm sure PD-nim explained to this photographer friend of his that I am pregnant, right?"

"That's your selling point; the reason why he begged KDH PD-nim to have you as his main subject." Wheein answered and shrugged when it seemed that Byul still doubted her.

Byul wanted to ask more questions but the makeup artist urged her to return to her chair so they could finish with her and have her sent to the clothing department.

 

When the stylist finished helping her dressed and finally allowed her to move her head, Byul looked stunned after realizing what they had her wear.

"What the-" She muttered and then looked at the mirror as the stylist instructed her and she just couldn't be more stunned to see herself wearing a perfectly fitted wedding dress. It was a sweetheart empire dress with a lace overlay jacket that showcased her new figure and gave her the look of an elegant bride. It looked great on her and she felt great wearing it but as she snapped back to reality, she turned to the stylist and asked what the theme was for the photoshoot, a question she asked the girls but forgot to get an answer to.

"It's a wedding photoshoot, miss." The lady answered and gave her a smile before taking her hand leading her to the studio.

If she thought the dress and the theme surprised her, the photoshoot venue made her feel at awe. It was an indoor garden themed photoshoot and everything about the place just left her feeling at more awe making her confusion with what is happening momentarily placed in the background. She was totally lost in the fairytale like surrounding that she almost forgot she was on the job until she heard the sounds of camera shuttering.

"That was perfect!"

Byul was surprised but turned to face the intruder of her reverie and found a flambouyant looking man with the widest grin she had ever seen.

"Uhm... H-hello?" Byul greeted figuring out this must be the photographer.

"Oh my. Such a  beautiful beautiful bride you are, darling!" Said the photograher. "Oh, how rude of me." The photographer came up to her and held out his hand as he introduced himself. "I'm Hong Seok-cheon and I will be your fabulous photographer today."

Byul shook his hand and she could already tell that the man wasn't simply flambouyant and he could tell that he's openly gay which made her feel at ease with him somehow.

"So, how about we start with you before your partner comes in for the couple shoot?" The photographer said and started discussing with her the different pose she wanted her to do and expression she wanted her to convey.

"Uhm, wait." Byul said stopping him in the midst of his talking. "Yes?"

"I-I thought this was a wedding dress shoot? Is it necessary for me to have a partner?" She asked feeling uncomfortable at the thought of another man posing beside her dressed in a wedding dress.

"Oh. Your mananger didn't tell you?" Seok-cheon asked and she shook her head. "This is a wedding themed photoshoot. And if you're worried about your partner, don't be. He's a perfect gentleman and I'm sure you're going to love him."

The worry of how her husband will react must've been all over her face as the photoshoot director/photographer tried to reassure her. "Darling, you're worrying too much. Come now. It's time we get some shots of you before your friends join in and then your groom."

I hope not one of those girls told the ahjussi about this. Byul worriedly thought.

 

From the inside, watching through the window, four girls giggled as they watched their friend and unnie cluelessly and hesitantly follow the director's orders.

"Is it so wrong to feel guiltless, right now?" Seulgi asked the three other girls.

"If it's so wrong, then we should all be locked up for it." Yongsun said and they just giggled some more.

 

 

 

*N: Whhhhheeeeeee!!!

Going nuts! Going nuts! GOING NUUUTTTSSS!!!

[Ehem] So... Before anything else, I'd like to apologize for having been unable to update. It's just, work has been crazy this past couple of weeks and by the time I do get my day off, I feel too tired that I just want to lie around and rest. I know it sounds like an excuse but it is the truth. 

Luckily, We got a few days off and thus enabling me to finish another chapter before work starts again.

BTW, I'm close to finishing the story with either one chapter left or I might add a few more depending on what I finish in the next one. 

Hope this update didn't confuse you and that you enjoyed it somehow. :D

I can be really lazy in reviewing before updates so, still... hope you enjoy! 

Later... Chup! Chup! Muah! Muah!