Second Chapter

The Dirtied Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She will be my flower..."

 

"Sir, here is the file you asked for," Jisung, Jimin's personal detective, said as he gave the man a file of papers.

Jimin stared at the file for a few seconds before his hands slowly grabbed the file and opened it. His eyes scanning through the information that carried in the file. So this is who Taehyung is... He has been flower's best friend ever since they were five.

"Sir, sorry to interrupt you, but why are you so curious about Eunha? When you ask me to spy someone, you usually request me about an old CEO or an heir of a cooperation, but why this small girl?" Jisung asked.

Jimin stopped himself from reading. His eyes that were once concentrated on the file went towards Jisung. A small smirk crept up his lips as he remembered why he was so interested in this innocent flower.

"This flower is special,"  Jimin spoke, his finger tips slowly tracing the small piece of rose next to him. 

"And why is that so?"

"She is so pure, so innocent..."

"Is that the only reason why? Then why don't you get attracted to a little baby girl then? They're innocent, too."

Jimin shrugged, "That definitely is not the only reason why I'm attracted to my flower." The boy smelled the piece of rose. "She was a flower that I once met when I was in Kindergarten, all the way to High School. Other than my... Mother, she was a lover of mine," Jimin answered, his lips struggling to say the word Mother.

"You mean she was your childhood crush?" Jisung asked, his curiosity increasing little by little at his boss's story.

"She was my biggest and only lover," Jimin responded as he placed the flower back in its vase. "I remember those times where she would walk around the school like a beautiful piece of flower. Every boy adored her, every girl admired her. She would get multiple of confessions a day, and she would always accept them because she never wanted to see one hurt because of her. She was like an angel, she was an angel. That's what everyone called her. She was so nice, so beautiful, so smart; that we thought she wasn't human."

"Is that the only reason why she was your crush?"

Jimin smiled, "No, not exactly. One day, I was crying because of a bad grade I got for Mathematics. Nobody seemed to notice my depression until a small girl with perfectly clean white Converse sneakers came up to me. I looked up, and she was holding a small bottle of milk. And it was strawberry milk, my favorite. She told me to stop crying, and I stopped. She gave me the milk and I gladly accepted it. She patted my head and smiled at me. That smile, it was perfect. It was so beautiful, so gorgeous, so innocent. I felt in love with her instantly."

"That... Is such a cute story," Ji Sung said, slightly emotional from the cute love story his boss told him.

"I know, but that was not all. Every time I was sad and crying in the small garden of my school, she would come up to me and cheer me up. Every day with a small bottle of strawberry milk, she would smile at me. While nobody would ever realize my existence, this girl would look at me as if I was one of her very close friends. She didn't know my name, yet I knew her like the back of my hand," Jimin said, the memory still so fresh in his mind.

"But what happened? Did you confess?"

Jimin paused from touching the flower. His hands instantly going back to where the file was. His gaze hardened on the piece of flower before he spoke, "Things happened. Mother died. I moved schools. I moved neighbors. I moved countries. And I came back after four years, her existence fully forgotten by me until a month ago."

The atmosphere got tense. Neither of the two men moved, their eyes focused on the one piece of flower in front of them.

"Oh..." Ji Sung managed to mutter in a quiet voice.

Jimin shifted his gaze from the flower to the computer in front of him, "You may leave now. I ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter