Part 3

Out of the Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol groaned as he watched his friends prepare the filming set. Jongin was setting up the tripod while Jongdae and Sehun were carrying a cardboard box.

"Baek, no." Chanyeol firmly said. He watched the spark go out in his friend's eyes and rhe shorter started whining.

"BUT I WANT TO DO THIS!" Baekhyun said and started hitting his sides with his arms.

"We're just going to go through my P.O. box." Chanyeol rolled his eyes and continued drinking his cup of coffee.

Baekhyun had this crazy idea of entering the video by sitting in a cardboard box, being pushed into frame by Kyungsoo and jumping out and saying 'Hi!'. It was a Saturday and the raven-haired chef doesn't go to work on the weekends.

"You figure this intro out. I'm going to the post office to pick up the bags of mail." Chanyeol said and left the room.

"Going somewhere?" He found Kyungsoo's eyes and awkwardly smiled.

"Pick up mail."

"Ah...is that so? Want me to bring you there?" He offered. The taller smiled but shook his head.

"The kids might need someone to guard them. Did you hear about Baek's idea?"

"Yeah. It's not a good one."

"Since when were any of his ideas good?" Kyungsoo stretched his arm over the chair and looked up in thought.

"Never." The heart-shaped smile came into view as he chuckled. "Anyways, you don't want to be late. Bye." They bid each other goodbye with a wave and parted ways.

Chanyeol jumped into his car and drove to the post office. The drive was short but strange. He felt like something bad is going to happen there. However, he shook his head as he walked towards the door and entered. The woman at the window recognized him and smiled.

"You have a lot right now." She said. He laughed and shrugged.

"It can't be that much."

"We'll see." She said and went to the back. He leaned against the window and waited. He took his phone out and started going through the comments of the latest cover he uploaded.

He heard footsteps and looked up. The color drained from his face and he turned around so she won't recognize him. The cold voice echoed in his ears and he felt like breaking down right there.

It was the same voice that screamed at him eight years ago. 

The same person who disowned him.

"Six bags, Chanyeol." His heart skipped a beat when he heard the woman repeat the name under her breath. He thanked the lady in charge and dragged two of the bags with him.

"Chanyeol?" He froze in his tracks but he turned around. There stood a woman in her late fifties wearing a fur coat and expensive jewelry. He realized that she must have remarried after he left.

"Hello." He said in a shaky voice. 

"Now now, Chanyeol. That is no way to treat your mother." She said with a sickeningly sweet smile. It sent chills up his spine as he remembered every hit and how he was pushed out of the door with his belongings landing on his, then, weak body.

"You're not my mother." He said, strengh starting to fill his voice. Her sweet act is just because he has become more successful than she expected him to be.

"But sweetie...I am your mom." She said stalking closer to him. He denied her and ran outside with the bags in his hands. He stuffed it in the trunk and ran to the driver's seat. His hands shook as he tried to start the car. Finally, the roar of the engine became music to his ears and he drove away. 

The tears were stinging the back of his eyes. He tried to hold them back, but a few escaped them. He parked inside the garage and turned the vehicle off. He visibly relaxed but shaky breaths left his mouth.

Eight years. He should be over it. For some reason, he has never forgotten that fateful night. He finally came out to his mother. What he thought was a burden lifted off his shoulders turned out to be a nightmare.

He felt a slap across his face and punches against his arm. The pain choked him up when he felt a kick on his stomach. He was pushed out the door and he sat there on the cold sidewalk, sobbing. Then, his things hit his body and the door was slammed shut. He contacted Baekhyun and he lived on his friend's couch for months until he moved into his old apartment.

A knock on the window snapped him out of his daydream and he opened the door. There stood Kyungsoo with the smile wiped off his fsce and wide eyes.

"Wha-What happened?" He stuttered. Chanyeol quickly wiped off the tears and forced a smile.

"Nothing. Nothing." A flame grew in Kyungsoo's eyes and he glared.

"What happened?" He said while gritting his teeth.

"I saw...h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter