chapter 3

Connected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yewon proceeded the day like the usual, started with helping making breakfast, continued with doing various activities she felt like doing, followed by going to her workplace, finishing the job, and finally going home, unless the girls asked her to do something together like going shopping or dining together. Grandma and grandpa let her do as she pleased, as long as she informed home if she was back late. Yewon was really grateful for that.

 

However, something was un-usual. Since she went out from Lee residence, she felt uneasy. Like someone was staring (hard) at her. She was weirded out by the feeling that she couldn't help but sweeping her surrounding with her stare every once in a while. (Un)fortunately, she found no one. It might be just her imagination. But it felt so real that she felt the goosebumps!

 

"Boo!"

 

"Ahhh!" Yewon shrieked in surprise, almost letting of the tray she held. "Seulgi-unnie! You surprised me!"

 

Seulgi laughed. It was so easy to scare Yewon! It didn’t help that the younger’s reaction was so cute in her opinion.

 

Seeing how pale her friend was, she apologized for scaring her and asked in worry, "Are you still feeling being watched?"

 

Yewon nodded solemnly. “Ne. It still felt the same.”

 

Seulgi swept the surrounding area quickly, finding none out of ordinary. “Well, maybe you are just too tired? Or maybe you are just thinking too much?”

 

“Uh, maybe…?” Yewon was skeptical. “I don’t know. Maybe I’m just a bit tired?”

 

“Hmmm, you know what? Let’s go out later, ‘kay? I’ll tell everyone!”

 

 

A girl dragging a medium suitcase walked through throng of people on the street, mostly were in working suit who looked tired after a day’s work. She flinched when her suitcase bumped an uneven ground and almost made her bumped into a middle aged man who then rudely barked at her. She sent an unimpressed stare at his back, cursing inwardly at his rude behavior. She had apologized!

 

Sighing, she went to the side, staring at a piece of paper with an address in her hand. Folding the paper, she looked around her, looking for a sign. Finding none, she continued walking, until the crowding street turned fewer. The girl paused in front of a convenient shop, considering going in to buy drinks after walking quite a while. She was thirsty and maybe the cashier was able to point out the route to the address.

 

Ding.

 

The door opened as she walked into the air-conditioned store. The cashier, a sleepy faced teen, welcomed her with equally sleepy tone. His glasses were askew and made him cute in her opinion, giving the impression of a clumsy person that reminded her to certain someone.

 

She quickly went to the far corner where three cooler cases lined up containing various cold drinks. She opened the middle one, the one where she found her favorite juice. Her eyes caught sight of another drink from the other cooler and smiled. She took it and went to pay at the cashier.

 

As the cashier put her drink into a plastic bag, she asked the boy: “Excuse me, could you give me pointer to reach for this address?”

 

The boy reached at the paper. He frowned a little before smiling. “Ah! The Lee residence! It’s easy! Here, I’ll draw you a map.”

 

The boy quickly scribbled and drew some lines. The way he drew the map impressed her. She could tell that he was kind of artist. The lines were so smooth and it was like he had done drawing for long.

 

“Here it is! Just follow this and you will arrive there.”

 

“Oh? It’s quick. You really know this area?”

 

The boy blushed. “Not really. They are my grandma’s friends and I often visited them, so yeah, the route from here kind of stuck.”

 

The girl nodded in understanding. “Ahhh, I know that feeling.”

 

The two chitchatted for a while until another customer came and she took her leave. Waving at the cashier boy, she followed through the map drawn by the kind glasses boy. Some blocks later, she found herself in front of a woody gate, the name plate was Lee. However, the house was dark.

 

“Why is it dark? Is no one home?” the girl frowned as she took out her mobile from her pocket. Quickly she pressed a number and waited for the connecting tone.

 

Beeep. Beeep. Beeep. Click. The number you are calling can not be reached. Please—

 

Another try.

 

Beeep. Beeep. Beeep. Click. The number you are calling can not be reached. Please—

 

She pouted as she put her mobile phone inside her sling bag. “Why can't I reach her? What do I do if no one is home?”

 

“…Honey! She might be already here!”

 

From the corner, a pair of elders walked quickly towards her. The woman dragged the man in quick steps. It was not until the pair arrived in front of her that they realized she was there.

 

“Eh…? Are you…?”

 

“Good evening, are you perhaps the owner of this house?” the girl asked and when they both nodded, she smiled widely. “Hi! I’m—”

 

 

True to her words, Seulgi asked the others to go out together. Not only her that thought that maybe Yewon was stressed or tired that caused her to feel like under watch. She was after all had kind of monotone activities since she came to the city, only varied when anyone asked her to accompany them somewhere. She needed to relax.

 

That was wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter