Eight

Pick up your wounded heart

Kai find the 'heat dealing' very embarrassing and interesting at the same time.

He find it interesting 'coz his kitten find his presence calming and comforting too much for his liking. 

All throughout his heat, he always whine for his name and clings into him like a baby clinging to his parent. Even from before, Kyungsoo wasn't this clingy or dependent of Kai from time to time. He really needs to learn more about hybrids and their heats or something. 

Everytime Kyungsoo was awake, Kai makes to it that he feed him some good food or easily digested food. He also sees to it that he needs to eat some fiuts or medicines that his doctor recommends. 

Kai also find it times to be awkward during the times that he can see his kitten either or dressed with nothing but big shirt as he curl or trash on the bed whinnying too hot. That is the time tanned male would made him drink some suppressants or tea but there are times it wouldn't go the heat down. His doctor prescribed him to let him massage his body up and down, from chest to stomach down to his legs and repeat it again. 

He was reluctant at first but when he saw the pained expression of the cat, he just said to his brain that it is for the cute cat that have a soft spot on his heart right now. He sometimes let him with the use of a even when letting the cat take a bath. After that, he always can see himself getting a of course which he just do some release in the bathroom afterwards. He just can't imagine himself letting it go to the hybrid once his heat is over. 

The hybrid always have nothing to do but to wake up, eat, whines and sleep after Kai help him through his heat. They also ends up sleeping on the same bed clinging, snuggling or hugging with each other after the end of the day. He doesn't forget to change the sheets, keeping him aware to pay attention to the sensitive hybrid plus getting to work up on the cleanliness of the house too.

He was happy and contented to see the bruises and marks from  his previous owner decided to disappear and let his natural pale snow white skin seen. He really is beautiful but he doesn't know he is. 

 

After the fifth day of his heat, Kai find it less disturbing 'coz Kyungsoo doesn't whine too much or even beg for something to ease the heat anymore. He can also move much like go to the bathroom or anywhere. It seems that the heat starts to end which is a good thing for the hybrid but for Kai's part, he didn't know what to feel. He was willing to help him out of the heat but dealing with the aftermath like start a conversation or skinship with him, he didn't think that the normal Soo would allow him.

It was late afternoon already. The tanned male was busy watching some news or entertainment in the television when Kyungsoo walks in the living room and seat near him. He felt Kai stiffen when the hybrid moves close to him until he put his head over his lap before snatching the remote form him without any protest.

"J-jongkai... I mean... Jongin." Kyungsoo's voice sounds soft with hesitation to be answered by a hum.

"I.. I want to thank you ... for helping me...Or even taking care of me all the times." There was a blush on his face.

"T-that was nothing...actually...." Kai felt the awkwardbess or maybe it's just him? He unconsciously pet the hybrid's hair and ears letting him emitting a soft purr in the process.

"J-jongin." Kai hums in reply.

"I.... I really want to thank you for letting me stay here and not taking advantage of me when I was in heat. I'm nearly off my heat soon and I'm glad you didn't left me." Kyungsoo looks at the screen of the television but not paying attention to the show at all. Neither the both of them in fact.

"I told you I would always be there for you and help you right? I just regret the fact that bastard captured you and I even didn't have the chance to save you from him even I promised to keep you safe no matter what." Kai sighs and continue to stare at the screen with bored eyes.

"It's okay. I'm already here and you have the search going on for my ma-"

"Don't even call him that! I hate it when you call him like that. Nobody should own you because you own yourself. Don't even think yourself that irrelevant 'coz you're more than what that bastard told you.. in the first place, your not even for sale or for adoption since it was all a mistake I the first place." Kai's words struck Kyungsoo's heart hard, specially the last sentence.

"Mistake... .yeah... Even my father said my existence was all a mistake. I bet that my family's life is more happy than they are if I wasn't even sold or--"

"Don't you dare finish that word or else I'll kiss you to shut your mouth." He warns him with venom and doesn't even realize what he had blurted out. It's already late to take that back when he saw the flustered face of the male looking straight at him from his lap.

"I- I didn't mean that... I mean the first one but... the last was just a threat I promised. I'm not even thinking of kissing you of course. I would totally would if but I'd rather not too atleast for now." Kai turns away form his gaze and look at the television.

He noticed the heavy thing situated on his lap sits up  beside him. He notice the slight gloomy atmosphere from the other.

"I'm tired. I think I need to rest and sleep soon. My head twould be over and your not obligated anymore to help me. I really appreciated your help. Have a good night sleep, Kai." The hybrid stands up to leave but Kai held his wirst tugging it to make the hybrid look at him again.

"I'm sorry. It's not like that. I know you are not yet ready for the skinship part with me and you just let me to help you this once. The last words that I have said, it's not like I hate you or I feel nothing about you but believe me when I say that I want you to be prepared or it's your own will, not your heat drvien self to let me kiss yoy, hug you or take care of you from time to time. I really want you to be comfortable around me and trust me with all your heart's content." He was sincere to say it to him because he can see the pained expression of his adorable kitten when he look back at him ready to go bed.

"I really mean it when I say I wouldn't hurt you and take good care of you. I promise to be here whenever you need someone to talk too or to just comfort you. Whatever that bastard said, don't ever let it go to through you 'coz your much more than you think you are. Don't be afraid to cry, talk, laugh or smile, there is nothing wrong with that. You are free of any bonds or rules. Whenever you are happy, I am also happy same as whenever you are sad, it makes my heart to cry out loud and reach for you just to show how important and precious you are."

Kyungsoo felt something from within him spark that makes his heart clench in every words Kai had said. He really wasn't sure why Kai is very kind enough to look out for him and fix him up for good when he is too broken that anyone doesn't care about. He was so shock himself he didn't feel the tears that falls to his cheeks before Kai pulls him hard to a warm embrace.

"B-but... you said... y-you don't wanna k-kiss me... like... you hate or feel disgusted at me. I-i even think that  y-you hate me." He sob on the taller man's chest.

"I would never be disgusted by you. Always remember that." Kai chuckles a little at how this cute hybrid becomes. 

"H-he also said that... I am pathetic, worthless and a disgrace.My family didn't even want me to live with them that is why they sold me and didn't bother to look for me." He continues to sobs but Kai lift his face up and wipe his face with his thumb before pecking a kiss on his cute button nose.

"He was a sick bastard  that just want you for himself so he said those words making you feel unwanted and worthless when we both know that is a lie. We all want you, I even helped Baekhyun hyung to find you for years which didn't go to waste. Afterall, you were the one who had find your way to look for them. We are just too naive to see it and Sehun also said sorry for being naive  paranoid brat and all. Even Baekhyun wants you back same as your parents for sure." Kai peck on his forehead before he speak. 

"Just don't tell I called him a brat." Kyungsoo left a small laught at this.

"B-but what if... what if... I'm too broken to fix. What if I don't see myself really that worthy or relevant like you want to say? I'm afraid to loe and be alone again." His eyes looks down for a minute followed by his ears and legs.

"Well, then I guess I'm gonna find you again and fix you up in no time. I'm willing to wait for you and be there when that time comes." Kai left his hand on Kyungsoo's waist to keep them close for a moment.

"Can you really fix me?" He tilted his head cutely.

"How can I fix you if there is nothing to fix at all? You're not too broken and damage to be fix. You're not even an object Soo remember that. Wounded maybe, but totally not something that can't be fix 'coz all I see is a strong cat who wants love and kindness from the start." 

He looks at his eyes seeing the beautiful face and eyes just looking straight back at him. It makes him smile and feel contented whenever he saw the precious face smiling and free of worries.

"E-even my heart? Would you fix my heart for me? Chen always say that if my heart can be showered with love I would be happy again." There was a spark of hope in his place that he couldn't dare to reject for his life.

"Of course I will. I would even pick your wounded heart even you think nobody else would. It's their fault to not see how precious and pure your golden heart is. You can count on me and I'll be just right here welcoming you with open arms." Kai assured him.

"Open arms.. with ice cream too?" Kyungsoo felt his heart go somersault when he heard those words.

"Haha... With ice cream of course since it was your favorite." Kai laughs loud when Kyungsoo hugs him tight  just because his promise and also some ice cream.

"I really want to thank you. I really appreciate your efforts when you got nothing to earn from me." He said while they remained hugging on each other's arms.

"I already earn your trsut I believed. Is there anything you want me to earn from you?" He teased making Kyungsoo detach himself again and see him blushing.

"D-does a kiss would be enough for it?" He asked.

"Maybe... But not until your--"  Kai's eyes went wild when he felt soft lips was pressed against his for a quick moment.

"T-that was quick. I mean.. thank... No I... I guess you caught me off guard from that." Kai touch his lips at the same time.

"D-did you not like it? I would even repea-" a figner was brought to his hand keeping his mouth shut.

"How about, I would repay the kiss, a little bit longer I think." Kai see him nod and they both lean closer to each other slowly with eyes closed just like their distance to each other.


Just a few more centimeters when a loud voice came booming to Kai's apartment.

"Hey Kai!!! We decided to make some visit 'coz you said it's already okay!!!" Chanyeol's deep voice vibrated through the air followed by quick foot steps as they detach themselves closely form each other from embarrassment. 

"Are we interrupting something?" The giant's voice said once they have reach the living room.


"No... You are not. We are just watching some television for pete's sake." Kai replies with sarcasm.

"What's interesting about the online shop anyways?" Sehun snorted with a box of pizza on his hand. Kai can't help but to gape his mouth open and close but not uttering some words. He didn't notice it was on that channel and it was too late for him to change it though.

"I didn't know you were interested in shopping Jongin. Oh, hi there Soo!" Baekhyun followed Sehun and saw the hybrid sitting on the corner near him with ears perks up, tail swishing and his eyes looking to where he was holding.

"Uhm... Dr. Lay said that something cold could help you get through the your heat so I thought bringing your favorite ice cream can help you." He was nervous since he was now standing close enough to his brother. He remember how scared he was when they first met and these past few days of his heat, he visits Kai's home but the hybrid is always asleep or too weak to get out of the bed.

"Is that... Chocolate?" Kyungsoo asks with anticipation.

"Of course. I still remember your favorite flavor. Do you want some?" He pushes his luck then his face ligthen up when he received a nod.

"I think you need to eat some dinner first before you eat that ice cream. You still haven't eaten and yet you want some ice cream." Jongin reprimands his kitten worrying he might got his stomach upset because of that.

"And you might want to change your dress if I may suggest. Kai might get a hard wood if he stare longer at you. I think it was enough for Kai hyung to see enough of your skin Soo. He might eat you." Sehun's words make Kai Kai's face flustered for a bit before retorting.

"I'm not that ert!!" Kai shout.

"Kai would eat me? He eats hybrid? Is that what he need for a hard wood?" Kyungsoo shriek in panic.

The trio laughs after hearing such words from the hybrid.

"No! Of course not! I didn't eat hybrids nor that is not want hard wood mean. It means .... something else same as the.. you know what? Never mind that and go change." Kai clarifies but give up afterwards.


"I think I want to take a bath first." Kyungsoo stood up and hurriedly go to his room.


"So what's new with Kyungsoo? Is he alright? Did you do something bad to him?" Baekhyun eyes him dangerously enough to make him shiver.

"He's alright. I did nothing than to obey Dr. Lay's order that's all." He gulps at the brother's stare with the tall idiotic giant.

"Really? How come you didn't take advantage of that ouch! That hurts!" Chanyeol whine to his boyfriend.

"If he dare to take advantage of him I'll skin him alive for sure. What are you talking about before we came?" The diva insist.

Kai decided to share the details of their talk, as well as the insecurities which the hybrid thinks about himself of family. Probably blaming the one who implanted those bull over his head. That is why he was reluctant at Baekhyun when he saw him and introduce himself as his hyung. They didn't even have proper conversation yet to clarify his wrong notations but he would word on it. 

Chanyeol, on the other hand, went to the kitchen and cool down decent food for them to eat and the pizza and ice cream would be for their movie time together. They all start eating quietly after Kyungsoo had bathe and appears with his white pororo print shirt and comfortable shorts. His skin had no marks of bruises axeceptbfor the faint red thin line on his neck but his skin is surely glowing and healthy enough for their liking.they share the meal with a satisfied stomachs thanks for the giant who decided to cook for them.

"Say, you're already done with your heat rigth hyung? Can you go to see my performance on stage tomorrow?" Sehun cheerfully asked his hybrid hyung who face him with wide eyes.

"Uhm... Is that the dance you are practicing this past few days?" Soo asks him.

"Yup! And I really want you to watch it so you can see how cool I am at school." Sehun brags about his skills.

"Yah! You don't even ask me first and yet you directly asks Kyungsoo about it? Unbelievable." Kai roll his eyes while Sehun just shrug it off.

"I am sick of you having to watch me and criticize it afterwards. Maybe hyung would appreciate me more than you. You are also free to tag along if you want." He teased the man.

"Of course Kai would be also there since the alumnis must perform something for the festival. Even Baekhyun here would perform tomorrow. I'm sure Soo here would be glad to see you all perform with your parents watching you both." Chanyeol chuckles afterwards.

"Uhm... Is your parents...I mean... w-would they come also tomorrow?" They felt the hybrid tense up a little and remembered what Kai had said about his insecurities.

"Of course they will. Don't be afraid though 'coz they also want to see you, they want you back for so long." Baekhyun tried to calm him.

"But...I don't even recall them or even you when you hug me. How am I suppose to react when they know it was me or I can't even remember what they look, smell or feel like?" His eyes drew some hesitation and that is Kai decided to calm the hybrid down by touching his nape which is somehow working with him.

"I think you three need a lot to talk about. Just let us put the dishes in the sink and talk about what you need to. You can go to your room if you want, Chanyeol hyung and I will be on the living room for a while." Kai stands up seeing the hybrid look at him with teary eyes at the moment.

"Thanks Kai but I think you all need to hear it. It would save some questions for you." Baekhyun smile to him.

"Let's go to the living room and grab the snacks and ice cream." Sehun cheers.

"You just had your  dinner you ! Just how many sotmach do you have?" Chanyeol asks Sehun.

"Well I need energy to perform for tomorrow so I know it is just enough. I'm a growing man to know." He put his tongue out to tease.

"Aish.. his brat " Chanyeol act to hit him but stop when Baekhyun glares at him sending an apology to this boyfriend.

"You're gonna be fine Soo. I would just be in the living room just like you, come on." He ruffle his kittens hair and give his cat ears a soft tug emitting a purr from him who cover his mouth afterwards as he laughs.

"I hate you." Kyungsoo pouts at him like a cute child when he saw the grinning Kai leaving. Sehun and Baekhyun can't help but to coo at the sight of him.

There was silence when for a few minute before Sehun decided to break it due to how awkward the situation is. They are watching some action movie flick with the intention to talk was cutted out.

"Are you gonna show up at my performance? It would mean a lot to me if you come." Sehun starts again.

"I want too.. but I'm afraid of the circumstances I might be in." His ears lay flat on his head with his eyes looking down his lap for a moment.

"Don't be Soo. I know you're hurt and has lots of insecurity but don't think of those negative thoughts. It would come out to you naturally if we are your family. Just like how you warm up with Sehun and I'm trying for you to warm up for me." Baekhyun pull his hand in front of Kyungsoo's shoulder making him look at him straight to his face.

"A while ago.. you guys called me Kyungsoo." He speak and started to asked. "Is that my real name is?" 

"Of course it is. You're name is Do Kyungsoo or we used to call you Soo. Maybe you're too young to remember your name that time but it was you who like the nickname Soo better than letting me call you Kyungie. You said you hate to be called Kyungie because it sounded like a "

"Mini penguin. I remember you used to call me that even I'm a cat." His eyes widen at the realization same as Sehun and Baekhyun.

"You remembered that huh? I'm glad you do." The older felt his heart soften from this.

"But why do I remember you having a cat like ears and such? I thought my hyung was a hybrid too that I failed to recognize you at all." The doe eyed male turned confused by this time.

"Because you felt out of place whenever we go to the park and people stare at your ears. That is why I asked mom to buy me some cat ears that matches yours whenever we go out or we are left at home. You know we wouldn't want you to felt left out for sure." He said to him.

"But you never wear the cat dress I have for ouch!!! I'm gonna die you for being an abusive boyfriend." Chanyeol declares when Baekhyun kick his legs which just sitting across his. His kick is too powerful, afterall he masters hapkido.

"What is it like to be with you or with me being with the family? Is Sehun's dad, our dad is the one who sold me 'coz you don't want me in the family?" He felt some courage to ask that question that has been kept within him.

"Why don't we start with the story before you had been kidnapped by our bastard father eh?" Baekhyun offers and they all waited to hear the story again even Kai and Chanyeol who knew the whole story all along. 

They shared the story of the brothers who got separated, even Sehun didn't knew the details for also carried away by the story how their previous father mistreat the hybrid and how his brother and mother protect him before he was kidnapped and all. Kyungsoo however didn't give some details of him before Baekhyun was done then it was his turn to be the center of the talk afterwards.


"Actually... I can't remember anything much from way back then and I thank you for sharing those information to me hyung." He felt something warm ready to spill on his eyes but he keeps it in.

"I remembered Dad to always hit me whenever he went back from somewhete, drunk or not when I was little. I always did hat he want me to do like deal with the house choirs or even wash the dishes back in the mini fast food to earn my food." The gaze of the males inside the room went intense but he keeps on going.

"I was barely twelve when he decided to sold me to some guys wearing black suits which I latter learned who are Ioan sharks that he had many debt and make me their money exchanger at the black market.That is the first time I was sold to an old man who had me as a gift for his beloved son back in China. He was the one who took keep me until you guys took me in."

"You mean the one who too advantage of you over those years. How dare him!" There was a stomp on the table that makes the other flinch before muttering a soft sorry to them.

"Kris hyung told me that they have a leak that he went back to China for good." What Sehun had said makes the hybrid sigh at the moment.

"How did you know Kris and Tao by the way?" Kai ask Kyungsoo.

"They were hired for four months before they helped me, more on convince me to run away from him. Yiyi...I mean Yifan was a hired as body guard to both me and my master. Zitao was already in the house back to the mansion as a substitute cook when the first one had been sick and decided to be my personal body guard after the cook returned."

He can see some confusion in their eyes which he answered without waiting for them to ask it.

"Don't get me wrong but what I said was true. I don't want to leave or escape from my master until they had pursuade me after many times."

"What makes you made up your mind to stay and makes them to make you leave?" He can see the eagerness from the three guys after Chanyeol asks to them.

 

 

A/N:

My memory card got corrupted and I cannot retrieve any of my files... Good thing I have stored this story on my phone but the other story for like Meet D.O and others (which I'm also writing for now) were gone... T_T

 I'm gonna start again over again for those stories... I hope I can finish it fast to update it... T^T

I'm also praying to make past the ranking for the job I'm waiting... Wish me luck! 

Love the comments and new subscribers.... Take care always guys!!!! 😙😙

 

 This story  would be consist of 10 chapters btw.