Chapter 2

Temptation

Kris roughly pushed her from kissing him, his hand wiped his mouth and his expression was boiling up. "Get out of my sight." He couldn't believe that she dared to kiss him like that right in front of the apartment building while Sulli, other than feeling guilty, she kept smiling like crazy. Then, she turned around and ran away from Kris's figure. 

He stomped his foot hard on the street, ruffling his dark brown hair as feeling dizzy all of a sudden. He was mad, frustrated and angry. It was his first time to feel like this, there was a woman seducing him until he got on his nerves. 

Kris loosen up his tie as he opened the door of his apartment. He could hear the soothing voice coming from the laundry room, he was sure it must be Amber again. "Stop doing that. We can do it together this weekend." He said, still in his badmood mode. 

"Oh, you're home." She turned her head around to see her husband. "But we should meet my family this weekend, remember?" Amber once again reminded him of meeting her family this weekend. First, Sulli and then, this one. It made him become more stressed out than ever. 

"You know David doesn't like me, right?" Kris told Amber about her father. 

"Babe, c'mon. At least Valerie and Jackie love you a lot, besides, look at you now." Amber started to walk approaching her husband. "You're the Executive Manager in the company. People respect you, you are somebody now. You can afford this expensive apartment for us both to live. You can just brag about this in front of my father." 

"No. We afford this together, not just me." Kris emphasized it. 

"But mostly it's coming from you." Amber touched the tip of Kris's nose with her index finger. But Kris was still pouting, didn't like the idea of meeting her family. "Babe?" Amber asked him if he was still with her. "My father won't kill you. You were brave enough to propose me in front of him two years ago and it's just another family gathering"

He heaved a sigh and closed his eyes. "Okay, I know." 

She was smiling brightly, "That's sweet."

***

On Sunday

"So, how's life? Is everything under control?" 

They were all finally having family gathering together in one of expensive restaurants in town. Kris kept his head down to the plate, couldn't even stare at Amber's father's eye sight. He was too nervous and scared at the same time now. 

"Everything's great. I travelled to many countries, job's fine but yeah, unfortunatelly my son couldn't come because he's sick. He got a very bad flu." Jackie explained about her life in front of her own father. 

"How about you, Amber?" Her mother asked her now. 

"Well, we just moved to our new apartment. I just got promoted in my job. My pregnancy is great." Amber answered her very calmly, she was always organized and keeping herself under control unlike Kris. "But, above all that, thanks to Kris. He helps me out a lot." Amber nudged his elbow so that he would speak in front of her parents. 

"I heard your apartment is too expensive because you're living in the middle of the city. How do you work on that?" Amber's father stopped his eating and intertwined his fingers, his stare couldn't get away from Kris.

"Err.. Well, I.." Kris paused a bit in front of his father in law. "I'm working hard for this. I can assure you, your daugther is safe with me."

"Kris works really hard in the company." Amber added her husband.

"Do you come home late very often and leave my daughter alone in the house?" David gave Kris another shot.

"No, Dad. He always comes home before dinner, no matter how busy he is. Trust me, he's a good man." Amber was smiling from ear to ear. 

Amber's father kept looking at Kris's figure with his stern eyes but then, slowly, he softened that stare. "Of course, I trust this guy for you. It has been ten years since we knew each other, I admit I didn't like you at first, Son. But now, look at you, you're not that ed up." 

Both Amber and Kris widened their eyes looking at him. "Did you just cuss?" Amber chuckled.

"Why? I can't?" 

The last words from Amber's father made them all laugh and Kris didn't seem too nervous like before. For the first time in his life, finally he could hear Mr. Liu's agreement for himself. Amber's father was actually a very nice old man, but because he was a hardworker and strict man, so, Amber's mother, sister and herself should help Kris to convince him about the marriage. 

"I told you everything's gonna be fine." Amber told Kris as she picked up some oranges. They both were going to Supermarket after gathering with her family. 

Kris was pushing the trolley full of the stuff that Amber chose, he kept looking at his wife from behind. "Your old man is actually a nice guy but his attitude makes everyone nervous and uneasy."

"That's why I love you." She put down the oranges into the trolley and gave him a smile. "You're not scared of him." 

He smirked, "I'm actually very scared of him. Remember the first time I asked for his permission to date you in high school ten years ago?" 

"He threw his slipper into your face." Amber laughed remembering the scene between her husband and her father years ago. They both actually had the best bromance scene ever in her family. "It's because you were a troublesome guy in high school, you dated all the girls in school, you were almost dropped out of the school.." 

"But I've changed into a good man because of you." He told her. "I can't lose you, so, I will turn into someone that you dream of." 

"People can change because of love. No matter being good or bad. Love can be very dangerous too." Amber kept looking at the grocery to pick as she told Kris and it made him think about what she said. "Thank God you become a good and responsible man."

"It's all because of you." Kris told her the truth. "If I didn't meet you in the first place, I don't know what I would be."

Amber saw her husband right in the eye, a smile came when she knew she was needed by him, "You're just amazingly sweet. How could you do that to me?? I'm blushing right now!" 

Kris was laughing seeing her being adorable, he never thought that a grown up woman like Amber could be like high school girl again. He caressed her left cheek and put a kiss on the side of her lips. "Hey, we're in public!" Amber hissed as she smiled. 

"So? Should I care?" He again.

"Stop it!" Playfully she hit his arm, couldn't hide her laughter in front of him. 

 

"Mr. Wu?" 

A sudden voice made both Kris and Amber's eyes directed to the person who called his name. Amber gave her a questioning look, she thought she had seen this woman but she was still recalling it on her mind. 

"Mr. Wu!!!" 

Sulli ran to approach both Kris and Amber. Kris felt really annoyed seeing Sulli in front of his eyes furthermore Amber was here with him now, he wasn't sure what more crazy deeds that she would do again towards him right in front of his own wife. 

"So, you're here." Sulli said with smile on her face, "And your with... your wife!" She started to give Amber a glance. "Amber, right?" 

Amber was narrowing her eyes seeing the young woman in front of her, then, her eyes directed to her husband who was standing tall right next to her. Kris seemed very uncomfortable in front of the woman. "Pardon?" 

"You don't remember me?" Sulli scoffed, "I thought you were a genius." She despised Amber, Sulli looked at Amber from head to toe and vice versa. She saw Amber wearing a pair of flat shoes and she was a but surprised that Kris's wife was the same height just like her. That was one thing in her mind and she didn't like it, it was only height but she mads it a big deal in her mind. 

"She's the new worker in the company. Sulli Choi, you interviewed her before." Kris explained to his wife, trying to remind her of Sulli. 

Amber was thinking hard about it trying to remember her, "Oh.. Sulli Choi.." Amber tilted her head looking at the girl in front of her, "I don't know how you could enter the company, you weren't even on my list. I scratched your name.." She rubbed her chin thinking hard about it. As she remembered, she discussed it to the board directors and she didn't agree about this Sulli Choi girl but she wondered why she could be accepted. 

"Babe, hey.." Kris whispered to his woman. "What'd you say?" He made themselves keep distance to Sulli. 

"I didn't accept her." Both Kris and Amber looked at Sulli from afar. "Are you sure she's in the company?" 

"Yes and she is in my department.*