four

Easel | kaisoo

“Apple ajjushi’s going to eat with us uncle?” Taera asked her uncle Jongdae. Jongdae didn’t even to hesitate. This dinosaur got one big heart after all even though he was always rejected by that bun, Kim Minseok.

Chanyeol seemed to be a bit nervous for some reasons but he let that slide off. “Let me help my wife.” He whispered loud enough for Kai to hear. Kai didn’t move an inch and slowly heaved a long sigh. He lowered his head and strolled towards Jongdae who was playing with Taera. Jongdae loved Taera so much. He loved protecting his vulnerable niece and she was very close to his heart.

On the outside, Taera’s not a strong child. She has physical abnormalities like unknown scars running down her face up to her elbows and her left leg was somewhat deformed that’s why she walks weirdly sometimes. But inside, she’s a very cheery child. She has gotten Kyungsoo’s harshness sometimes but mostly, the child was sweet and playful.

“S-Sir, I think it’s not necessary---“ Kai endeavored to not stay again but like the usual, his request was declined.

“Oh don’t be a shy Kai.” Jongdae smiled, “After we dined, can you uh….drive?”

Drive?

“I’m going to Chanyeol’s clinic after this to have me checked. If you don’t know how to drive back to the mart, I guess I’ll have to---“

“You can leave it here since its safe.” Chanyeol said; eyes focused on the meat, slicing it like he had 99 problems.

“Oh.” Jongdae thought. “Well then, I think you know how to ride a bus don’t you?” Jongdae’s laugh lightened up the tension in the air. Kai tried to cheer himself up. He wanted to ask a few questions to Kyungsoo but he was definitely surrounded by Chanyeol’s walls. Instead he just forfeited to interrogate the man and sat on the table, asking if he could help but it was always Chanyeol to refuse.

Dinner wasn’t that silent since Jongdae was there to always talk and talk. Their topic went from a few medical exchanges, to business talks until Chanyeol targeted the silent man who was sipping on his soup quietly. Kyungsoo was sitting next to him and also next to Taera. Chanyeol pulled his wife’s chair closer while Taera was with Jongdae.

It seemed a bit one sided since Kai’s the only one at the other side of the table.

Kyungsoo was nibbling on his own wrap of samgyeopsal but he was feeling too bland to taste. He chewed on the lettuce slowly since he wanted to hear someone’s voice. He wanted to know more about him. Kyungsoo had a hunch but he was still debating whether to take a step closer or to not to. Besides, Jongin already left them.

Jongin’s dead right? He died.

“So Kai,” Chanyeol started and stabbed a meat with his fork, silently lurking it against his cheeks. “What do you do for a living?”

Kai felt that he was being asked something that would get his past scrambled. He cleared his throat and faced Chanyeol, “I work at Sir Kim’s Mart.”

“After all these years you jut work at that mart? You don’t do any buy and sells or such? What about wasted education?”

Kyungsoo felt himself wanting to shush Chanyeol away.

Jongdae was busy feeding taera as she giggled, too busy to even defend Kai’s state. It felt like the world was given to those three and Kai doesn’t know where his place is.

Kai couldn’t find an answer. “I-I…I just work at the mart.”

“Pity. If we don’t work, we ain’t got no money.”

“I-I uh…” Kai felt someone degraded. What Chanyeol was saying was quite true but because of his condition, It somewhat seemed like an insult.

“Park Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo finally hissed at his husband. Chanyeol grabbed Kyungsoo’s left hand underneath the chair and squeezed it gently. “Sorry baby.”

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh and thought it was over but Chanyeol’s mouth didn’t stop asking things and his grip on Kyungsoo’s hand became tighter. He couldn’t see what was happening but now for some weird reasons, he was starting to feel that Chanyeol was returning back to the Chanyeol he feared to face again.

“Mart must’ve been tough for you considering Jongdae’s your boss.” Chanyeol said then turned to Jongdae. Jongdae obliged and argued, “Hey! I treat my employees nicely!”

“Wow! Last month someone complained!”

“They’re s---“ Jongdae was shushed by Taera and scolded him.

Chanyeol still pushed through his questions. Kai considered Chanyeol as a good father seeing that he loves his daughter but he was feeling a little odd and off with the man and he couldn’t get himself straight.

“So how’d you feed your family?”

Kai felt his world stop.

His family. Does he even have one?

“Your wife?”

Chanyeol’s questions were really getting out of hand now.

“I-I am not considering a family yet.”

Since I don’t remember having one. I think I forgot them and they did the same with me. Kai thought. “Also, I am not married.” He nervously chewed on some side dishes, his palms getting sweaty.

Since Chanyeol’s grip on Kyungsoo’s hand was tight he could feel the other one quite flinching. Kyungsoo was feeling bad and he doesn’t know why. The stranger definitely had an effect with him. He tried his best to abandon the stranger to be lost in his thoughts and never tell himself that what If Jongin’s alive? He can’t see. That’s what’s still holding his sanity. He can’t see that’s why it doesn’t hurt that much anymore.

“Why not married?” Chanyeol asked. “You seem like a fine man with two kids.”

Kai looked down.

“You see Kai, I love my family so much.” Chanyeol dared to highlight the word love. “And I’d do everything for them to stay by my side; I would not let anyone ruin my family.” Chanyeol’s gaze at Kai was undeniably piercing.

There was something inside Kai that’s making him want to punch Chanyeol on the face and tell him some words worth choking.

Kai glanced at Kyungsoo, “You sure have a nice family.” Then he smiled at Chanyeol.

--

After dinner was over, Chanyeol carpooled Kai and Jongdae to the hospital since there was also a bus stop that has a direct route towards the mart. Kai was the first one to say goodbye. The poor boy had to go back to the mart and resume his job although it’s afternoon.

Jongdae went with Chanyeol in his clinic. The giant running a few tests at Jongdae and the result was quite terrifying him.

“I am too young for those brain malfunctions.” Jongdae sighed. “But I guess I have to agree on this?”

“If you let a day pass, I you might’ve seizures. I’ll schedule you surgery okay?”

-

“Dr. Oh?” Called out Sehun’s secretary. He was busy reading a few results and analyzing it on his laptop. He replied with a sloppy, “What?”

“Dr. Park’s at your door.”

“Let him in.”

Sehun removed his glasses and stood up. Chanyeol hastily walked towards Sehun and without warning he gave the younger a hard punch on his jaw. Sehun fell on the ground, his lips cracked.

“What the !?” Sehun exclaimed, his eyes asking what the hell chanyeol?

“You said he was ing dead!” Chanyeol punched him again. Sehun defended himself and pushed Chanyeol away. “Who---“

“You said that Jongin was far away from here you bastard! You said he ing was!”

“Calm down Chanyeol. I c-could explain---“ Another punch landed on his face. He spit blood.

“Explain what? I told you keep him away from here!” Chanyeol held Sehun’s collar tightly. “Kyungsoo saw him! Kyungsoo ing saw the bastard at home! He is working at Jongdae’s!”

“What!?” Sehun was full of disbelief. He bit his lower lip to express his regrets. He told Baekhyun that Jongin should just stay at his house, nothing more!

Chanyeol was very fumed and he swore that he could kill Sehun at his spot, “What happened Dr. Oh? I ing told you to watch him!”

“He has amnesia!” Sehun defended and tried not to choke. “He doesn’t remember anything at all!”

Chanyeol’s bloodshot eyes stared at Sehun’s, “You better make sure he doesn’t! Because if not,” Chanyeol fiddled with Sehun’s ID. “I’ll take everything away from you.” He threatened and gritted his teeth. He shoved Sehun away and stormed out of the room.

Sehun palmed his face and sat down on the floor. He was frustrated of everything that’s happening and he couldn’t put blame to anyone at all. Sehun knows what Chanyeol’s threats were and he doesn’t want all his hard work to go down the drain. He fished his phone out of his pocket and dialed Byun Baekhyun’s number.

 

--

PARK CHANYEOL!??!?!?

anywayssss, are your hunches right? lmao.

HAPPY #happysehunday! i mean happy birthday to the guy  who i lost all my lungs from last two concerts. i ing loooove you Oh 'sebooty' Sehun! date vivi dinner! 

ps: i want to watch your movies but it has kissing scenes like how'd you want me to react sehun huh?