The First Wish

5 Wishes

Words written in this font are the written words of Kim Hani

Words written in this font are the memories of Kim Hani



Jungkook.I miss you. I'm not fine,Jungkook.I need you. How are you? 

You may not remember me but I had never forgotten about you.How can I forget? It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember, Jungkook.

It is against my will to let you feel the pain of our love again but my love...what can I do?I am slowly falling apart like a flower quickly fading. Here today but maybe gone by tomorrow. And I don't want to miss out telling you what I truly feel. What I truly want to say to you that day.

Ours was a story of ups and down though it was mostly regrets and sorrow.

But do you remember the day we first met.

It was a party held by one of your friend and my cousin ,Kim Taehyung.

And I don't know if you were the first one to see me or I was the one first attracted to you that night. But I remember dancing with you and the words that you said that made me fall for you.


"Come on, Hani. It's just a party. YOu don't have to drink booze or anything. Just be there for me please" Taehyung looked at you, with puppy eyes.

"I don't know, oppa. You know that I get stiff with a many people especially if I barely know them. I'm an awkward person" Ypu said while ooking through the car's window to see many people going inside the car.

" Please Hani." Taehyung insited while opening the car door for you. "Just sit in the kitchen table or something. It won't be crowded as the living room."

"Ugh...FIne. But you owe me, oppa"

You got up from your car and headed towards the house. As you enter, a strong smell of alcohol and sweat reached up you nose that made you cringed every now and then. You had a hard time going to the kitchen as it required you to go throw the living room where bunch of people were dancing and hanging out while drinking.

A few more steps to the kitchen, your cousin called you from the other side.

"Hani!!" You turned to Taehyung and noticed 2 people with him. A guy with a cute smile and a guy with a straight faced on.

"Come here! I want you to meet them!!!" Taehyung shouted amidst the loud music of the stereo.

"Maybe Later!!" You shouted back as you began to feel nauseous. You quickly walked to the kitchen and drank cold water while settling down on the kitchen chair.

You began rummaging through your purse to find your phone but was suddenly distracted by the loud  music coming from the living room. You saw that your cousin had change the music and had everyone up to their feet and has loosen up to the rythym. You scanned the floor when your eyes landed on the center where the guys that you were supposed to meet were dancing. The guy with the cute smile was clearly loosen up as he stole the attention of the floor with his moves while the other one was dancing but more of the gentle side. And that's when you locked eyes.

You stared at him as he stared back at you. His initial straight face began forming a charming smile that made your sheeks flushed. You looked at him once more before turning your whole attention to your phone as if it were the most interesting thing inside the room. 

A few minutes more when the living room started to quiet down to people chattering and laughing about somebody's story. You were grateful that you can focus now on the story that you were reading when you felt that someone sat infront of you. The person coughed but you decided to ignore it. Then he coughed again.

"Kim Hani. 20 years old. The youngest cousin of Kim Taehyung. Currently taking the literature major in XXX University. Hobbies are watching movies and reading books."

You abruptly looked at the person and gave him a curious look. "Excuse me?"

"Jeon Jungkook. 21 Years old. Currently taking a Mathematics major in XXX University with Taehyung hyung. Nice to meet you" He held out his hand. You gave him another look and reached out to his hands. 

"Let's dance."

"Sorry I don't dance." You quickly withdrew your hands and got back to your phone. Minutes passed and you starting to get bothered by him looking at you while you read. "Uhm do you want something from me?"

"Tell me your story." He said. His eyes shining with interest while leaning forward to hear you. 

"Uhm you just said it. Kim Hani. 20 years old. Cousin of Taehyung. Currently a literature major in XXX Unive-"

"No not that. I want the real you. Your likes and dislikes. Your dreams and goals. Anything about you."

"Why?"

"I would just like to get to know you as person and was hoping you wanted to get to know me as person as well"

"Why?"

"I was hoping this would be more like a conversation instead of you interviewing me. So tell me, who is Kim Hani? " His charming smile is back that made you more interested in him.

"You first."

He looked at you with a playful smile while sitting closer to you then he began to tell his story.

The whole time, you and him exchanged memories. You learned that he is good at singing and that he is a sports inclined person. He likes the outdoors more than staying inside the house watching tv. You learned that you and him were quite the opposite. You liked staying inside the bed while watching series and lives of other people. You expected him to get bored by the stories you told but everytime you sneak a peek at him, his eyes never strayed away from you. He looked at you with fascination and amazement that you began to open to him more and more.

Your conversation were stopped when Taehyung ran inside the kitchen.

"Oppa!" "Hyung!"

"Oh" Taehyung looked at you then at Jungkook then at you again then at Jungkook. When he suddenly got the picture, he smiled playfully at you. "I see you two are now quite close with each other eyy" He wriggled his eyebrows at Jungkook.

"Hyung, that's not-"

"Well get your two lazy asses up in the living room. We are dancing the night away,my friends." Taehyung dragged you and Jungkook at the middle of the dancefloor where people smiled and chat with you for a while. Though at first, you were very stiff in the dance floor, Jungkook guided you as he swayed in front of you while holding your hands. His eyes locked on yours as you felt your cheeks getting hot.

When Taehyung saw this, he stealthy ran to the stereo and change the music to a more slow and romantic song. You were shocked when the music change and people began to disperse leaving only a few people on the floor.You looked up at Jungkook while he looked down on you and then everything just slowed down. You knew that there are still people inside the room but looking at his eyes, it felt that you were the only two people existed in the whole world. Blood rushed to your cheeks as your silently listen to your heart beat beating fast. You wonder if he can hear it to because you noticed that his ears where red and blushed crept up to his cheeks. He slowly moved your hands to his shoulder while still swaying with you through the music. His hands securely at your waist pulling you closer to him. You were confused at first but you let it go. You were in his arms and you felt secured and warm and that's all you need to know. You rested your head on his chest and you felt his heartbeat. They were at the same rythym as yours. You looked up to him and you saw that he smiling at you while leaning forward to whisper in your ear. 

Your heart began to beat faster as you felt embarrased and happy at the same time. You again rested your head on his chest while a thousand thoughts run through your head. That night, it is true you two danced the night away but you never forgot the words that he said to you...

"You are the best part of my day, Kim Hani. And I kinda...well sort of...maybe...well I actually I do ...like you way more than I originally planned."


Jungkook...You are the best part of my entire life and I cannot love anyone else the way I love you. It's just impossible.

That night I wished that I would see you again and again and again until I can no longer take it because I have fallen for you so much. It was beyong my control, Jungkook. And it came true. I saw you the day after that and it just goes on and on until you and I became more than what I originally wished. 

But if I were to turned back time, I wished that you had never said that to me. I wished that you would avoid sitting in front of me wearing that smile that made me feel cloud nine. Because if you didn't I wouldn't have written this letter for my last goodbye.