Rivals At The Sideline Chap 3

Rivals At The Sideline

The week passed by just fine between Xien and Rascor. They would get intimate sometimes such as holding hands, leaning against each other and a quick peck on the lips or cheek as a way of saying good morning or goodnight. Rascor has also been hanging out on Xien’s apartment after school. But just when they thought everything would be fine…

At Chrono, Xien and Rascor’s class…

“We have a new student today.” The student stepped inside the classroom after the teacher’s announcement. There were gasps and murmurs from the class as they saw the new student. “Yes, I am aware of how much he look like Prince Castor. He shall introduce himself and explain his relation with the prince.”

“Good morning. My name is Pollux. I am Castor’s long lost twin brother. The truth is that there was an attempted kidnap when we were born but they were only successful on kidnapping me. I was brought up by a rich guy and I wasn’t allowed to go among the four walls around the mansion so of course, nobody would recognize me but then a lot of things happened and I was discovered so here I am. I’m not allowed to tell the specific details so excuse my so called story.”

And so the class accepted the new student named Pollux. He really looked identical to Castor. The only difference would be the hairstyle as he would like to keep his hair in a low ponytail while Castor would simply let his hair down. Because of Pollux appearance, things were starting to change and it wasn’t just between Xien and Rascor.

During recess time…

“So this is Castor’s twin!!!” Chrono hugged Pollux. “Whoa! I still feel as if I’m hugging Castor himself.”

Rascor saw Chrono hugging someone who really looked like Castor. That caused his overprotective side to surface again as he dragged Chrono away from Pollux. But he didn’t know what to feel when he saw Xien bowing and placing a kiss on Pollux’s hand. “What do you think you’re doing?!?!?” Rascor pulled Xien away from Castor’s twin and slammed him on the wall.

Xien winced at the impact. He felt his glasses lower down a bit on the bridge of his nose. This is one of the rare times that Rascor would use violence on him. Despite the rumor going on between Xien and Rascor, the students misinterpreted this act. They thought that it was just the usual going on between them with Castor except now it’s Pollux. “Cut it out, guys. No violence in the school.” Chrono was once again the guy that reminded them about that.

Rascor released Xien and looked away. The genius fixed his school uniform. Pollux smiled. “I’ll guess your names. The guy with glasses is Xien as Castor said that he’s the only guy that he met who would kiss another guy’s hand. Then the guy with the pink hair is Chrono because well, the hair is obvious enough as it is. Then lastly Rascor, as he seems to be the protective guy, who also tends to get violent sometimes. So these are the three rivals.”

And from the looks of it, it seems that the three rivals have been revived. They hang out with Pollux and Castor with Skyler during lunch. It was like the old times between the three rivals and Pollux. Castor and Skyler are the audience. Then by dismissal time, the three rivals offered to walk (from Rascor), drive (from Chrono) and dinner (with Xien) to Pollux but the prince’s twin tenderly rejected their offer as he excused himself with bonding of his sibling that even Skyler had to separate himself from Castor.

So they went to their separate ways. Chrono decided to show up at band practice, which he keeps on being absent as he is always obsessed with someone else and his career is leading more into acting now. Skyler decided to surprise his best friends by showing up at his old school. That left Rascor and Xien once again. Though it was just yesterday that they hanged out together, they weren’t able to hang out together alone today so it felt like it’s been a long time and quite a bit awkward. They started to walk home together as they had been for the last week.

“What was that all about?” Rascor spoke softly as if not wanting to break the silence. “Someone who looks like Castor shows up and everything just seem to go back to normal. It’s weird. I mean I can understand if Chrono would instantly change his obsession but what about us…?” He stopped walking as he looked at Xien.

Xien, not being able to hear Rascor’s footsteps anymore, stopped walking and looked right back at Rascor’s eyes. “Chrono started it by acting in his usual self but you followed it by pulling him away from Pollux. I never saw you pulling him away from Kisho before. Since you acted like your old self, why shouldn’t I be?” He shrugged. “The students seems to be happy to see the three rivals again. I guess it was too peaceful for them without the three of us arguing over someone.”

“What are you saying? That we should go back to our old selves and be rivals again?” Confusion clouded Rascor’s mind. Xien didn’t answer the question either. They didn’t speak until it was time to separate ways.

“So I guess you won’t be hanging out with me since everything doesn’t seem to be the usual today.” Xien stated as he turned to face Rascor.

“No but there’s one thing I want to be the usual today.” But what Rascor did wasn’t the usual either because it wasn’t just a quick peck that he gave Xien. It was a kiss and a French one at that.

Bags were dropped on the ground. Xien wrapped his arms around Rascor’s waist as he let the foreign tongue enter his mouth. The invader was shy and unsure of what to do so Xien taught him how to kiss properly. Rascor gripped tightly on Xien’s shoulder as he felt his own tongue being shoved right back inside his mouth. Xien’s tongue following and not breaking contact with the tongue until inside Rascor’s mouth. Nobody knows which one of them let out a moan when Xien started exploring inside the mouth or the whimper when they broke the kiss.

“That…” Xien panted. “…wasn’t the usual either.”

“I guess not…” Rascor panted as well, biting his swollen lip and before he knows it, he was being kissed again. After all, Xien couldn’t resist the cute image of Rascor biting his lower lip.

“What does this mean?” Xien asked when they parted.

“I’m not sure.” Rascor looked guilty as he heard a disappointed sigh from Xien.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Xien gave a quick peck on Rascor’s cheek before picking up his bag and be on his way to the cottage. Rascor was left and still feeling confuse.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

A/N: It's a rather short chapter but...uh...the next chapter is longer I can assure you and it'll also end there. Please comment and tell me what you think. ^^