Rivals At The Sideline Chap 4

Rivals At The Sideline

Another week passed by, there was no intimacy between Xien and Rascor as they have spent most of their time with Chrono and Pollux. If ever they are left to be together, Xien would claim that he has something else to do and leave Rascor alone. During dismissal time, Xien would stay late at school while Rascor and Chrono would walk Pollux to the cottage in which he and his twin, Castor, would stay.

Rascor missed Xien. Sure, they see each other everyday but Xien was simply acting like a ghost. The genius just kept on doing some schoolwork even when they’re hanging out. He wouldn’t even flirt with Pollux. Rascor realized that he was simply half-heartedly pushing Chrono away from Pollux. But one day when Xien made a sudden move on Pollux by wrapping his arm around Pollux waist and leaning in to give a kiss, he reacted violently to this and broke them apart before a kiss could happen.

Then another week passed by. They were having lunch together. “Rascor, you’re distracted.” Pollux suddenly said, getting Rascor out of his reverie.

“Huh? What makes you say that?” Rascor didn’t have an appetite as he simply played with his food.

“You haven’t been stopping Chrono’s advances.” Pollux pointed the pink hair guy, who was currently latched unto his arm.

“Oh. Oi, Chrono, Pollux can’t eat properly if you’re holding his arm.” Rascor didn’t even sound angry. He simply pinched the arm to stop Chrono instead of pulling or dragging the teenage actor away from Pollux.

“Okay, something really is wrong. What’s with you and Xien?” Chrono asked as he was concern as well.

“I’m just busy lately. That’s all. I don’t know what’s up with him.” Xien replied as he turned another page of his History textbook.

“More like pretending to be busy.” Rascor retorted.

“Why would I do that?” Xien looked up from his textbook to Rascor. “Jealous that I pay more attention to the textbook than you?”

“As a matter of fact, yes.” It felt like time has stopped as Rascor openly admitted that he is indeed jealous of the damn textbook. People that had their table near them were able to hear perfectly what they had just been talking. There was only a short pause before the murmurings and gossiping started.

“So there really is something going on between you two.” Chrono pointed out.

“Not really.” Xien returned from his momentary shock and continued reading his textbook. Not that the words are getting into his brain. He didn’t react when he felt Rascor stand up and leave the cafeteria.

“Aren’t you going to go after him?” Pollux ask softly.

“I don’t think it would be wise to leave you alone with Chrono.” Xien replied.

“I’m sure I can handle him by myself.” Pollux sweat dropped. “Besides, I’m sure Rascor is more important to you than that textbook. Go after him. You two really need to talk.”

Xien closed the textbook. “Take care of this.” He said as he left the book on the table and went out of the cafeteria. He found Rascor in a dark, empty and unused classroom, the same room which Skyler threatened Castor with ghosts. He opened the window so there can be some sunlight to brighten up the room even just a bit.

“I thought you prefer your book over me.” Rascor stated as he watched Xien opening the window and approaching him. He sniffed as to stop the tears threatening to fall.

“Of course not.” Xien took a seat beside Rascor. “I’m sorry.” Chocolate brown eyes sincerely looked at Rascor’s sea green eyes. “I was caught up with my own selfish needs that I wasn’t able to be considerate of your feelings. I wasn’t able to be there for you. I’m sorry. I’ll try to be a better friend from now on.” He held Rascor’s hands and squeezed them lightly.

“I’m sorry too.” Rascor said softly. “I’m the one who’s selfish. I took advantage of your feelings for me and so I always expected you to be there for me, to support, to protect and to comfort. I can understand if you’re fed up with me. I mean I’ve always been giving you hope and yet, our relationship isn’t really going anywhere.”

“Don’t say that. I won’t get fed up with you.” Xien moved his hands to cup Rascor’s face. “I’m happy with our friendship. We don’t need to be lovers or anything more so stop beating yourself up with not returning my feelings. I told you that I would move on, didn’t I?”

“That’s the problem.” Rascor gave out a frustrated sigh. “I don’t want you to move on. I‘m such an awful person, aren‘t I? So selfish…”

“Then just lie to me. Tell me that you love me and I’ll stay by your side forever.” Xien’s hand moved towards the back of Rascor’s head to pull him closer for a kiss.

“Are you really okay with that?” Rascor whispered. His breath touching on Xien’s lips.

“I’ll just take what I can get.” Xien replied. His lips touching the other’s.

“I love you.” Oddly, Rascor didn’t feel that he was lying as their lips were touched with a kiss. Both didn’t show up for class after that. They simply left school and their things as they know that Chrono would be kind enough to bring their things back to them anyway.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

It was a few days later when Xien found it strange that Rascor is acting more like a boyfriend than a friend. There are times when Rascor would invite him to hang out. Then he would find out that it would just be the two of them together for the whole day and sometimes, they would end up in an expensive restaurant that Rascor had reserved earlier. Who wouldn't be able to consider that as a date than some usual hanging out? Not to mention, Rascor wouldn’t stop Chrono’s advances on Pollux anymore. Sometimes, it would even be Rascor who would push the two together. During dismissal time, Rascor would either wait for Xien or ask Xien to wait for him so they could walk home together. Their usual quick pecks had turned into deep or French kisses or a make-out session. In other words, Rascor wouldn’t leave by Xien’s side until the blonde have to return to the apartment to sleep.

Then tonight Rascor suggested something. “I spend most of my free time here so what if I just stay here with you? Then I wouldn’t have to pay any apartment bills and I can get to be close to you.”

“No.”

“Why not?!?!?!”

“I’m afraid that I might not able to control my hormones with you being so close 24/7. I don’t want to end up as a .”

“It won’t be if I like it.”

Silence. Xien just stared strangely at Rascor. “If you want , you could just say so. You don’t have to move here.”

Rascor changed the topic. “Why do you not want me to live here with you?” He pouted.

“What if you start dating someone else and want to have with the person? Are you just going to bring the person over here?” Xien was careful not to mention any gender since he knows that Rascor is biual. “I’m going to be emotionally hurt by that seeing as you don’t want me to move on with my feelings therefore, I’m going to remain loyal to you forever.”

“Aren’t you that person?”

One second….two seconds…three seconds…”What?!?!”

Rascor chuckled. “I’m dating you and I want to have with you. No wait, I want to make love with you and so, that’s why I think we should live together.” Xien still remained speechless so Rascor continued. “Don’t tell me that after all the things we’ve done, you still think that we are friends? Friends don’t normally kiss or have make-out session or hang-out romantically which is equal to dating.”

Xien regained his composure. “Well, excuse me but the last time I checked, you didn’t return any of my feelings. I’ve noticed that you are indeed acting more like a boyfriend than a friend but I let all of that go as friendship since you really haven’t confirmed any feelings for me.”

“Then I’ll confess to you now.” Rascor pushed Xien to lie down on the couch as he hovered above the genius. “A few days ago you told me to just lie and say that I love you so I could have you by my side forever but the thing was I didn’t feel like I was lying when I said it and I’ll say it again so that you can confirm that your feelings are being returned. I love you.”

“You’re really making me feel like an uke these past few days and heck, even now.” Xien gripped on Rascor’s tie and pulled it for a kiss. “I love you too.” He whispered before their lips met.

THE END

A/N: Wow...it's done!!! But it's not really over yet. Aren't you curious about Kisho? Yeah, I'm writing a story for him. Better watch out for it!!! Also, don't forget to comment!!! ^_^