Rivals At The Sideline Chap 1

Rivals At The Sideline

Rascor rolled up his school pants up to his knees. Then he sat on the edge of the pool and let his legs dangle in the water. Earlier, Castor announced about Skyler being his boyfriend. Rascor wasn’t happy but he took it all maturely by congratulating the couple. He didn’t complain or argue with Castor’s decision. He didn’t get violent either. He surprised them all by being calm.

“Are you okay?” A familiar voice. A voice that usually demands authority. A voice that can charm people if wanted. A voice that usually argues with Rascor but sounds so soft and gentle right now.

“I first met him when we were just 3 years old. I’ve been with him far longer than any of you but he chose some guy he met just a few days ago. Why?!?!?!?! I need an answer, Xien.” Rascor closed his eyes as he refused to let his tears fall.

“If you wanted to know so badly, you should have asked Castor himself earlier.” Xien was still standing behind Rascor.

“But he looked so happy. I didn’t want to ruin the moment. He looked even happier when I simply accepted his decision to be with Skyler and congratulated them.” Rascor couldn’t hold down the sob that came out from his lips. His eyes opened again so his tears were able to flow down freely.

Xien knelt down and hugged Rascor from behind. His chin landed on Rascor’s shoulder as he spoke softly against the ear. “Skyler is really different from us. He didn’t flirt, praise or shower gifts to the prince. Instead, he was being mean and pushed Castor away from him. Castor isn’t used to being mistreated so he became attracted to Skyler because for once, someone didn’t treat him like royalty.”

Rascor welcomed the hug and comfort that Xien offered him. He leaned in further on the genius’ chest. “You seem to be genuinely happy for them back there and you don’t seem to be hurt from being heartbroken right now. Now that I think about it, you didn’t really deny when I stated that you don’t have feelings for Castor anymore.”

“I never had feelings for Castor to begin with.” Xien felt Rascor’s body getting tense.

“What do you mean?” Rascor turned his head to look at Xien. He found their faces to be quite close.

“Wasn’t the kiss enough of an explanation? Or do you want another kiss?” Xien leaned closer.

“Perhaps you want another punch?” Rascor glared and pushed Xien away. He missed the warmth of Xien’s body but there’s no way he would be saying out loud. “You must have a thing for kissing your rivals. Have you kissed Chrono too? How many times? How did he taste?” He snarled.

“Are you jealous?”

“Hell, no. You’re not Castor. Why should I be jealous?”

Xien shrugged and smirked. “I don’t know. You tell me.” By now, he moved from kneeling position behind Rascor to squatting position beside Rascor.

“I don’t like you.” Rascor continued glaring.

“Of course not.” Xien’s smirked faded as he looked at the swimming pool before him. “Well, if it makes you feel better, you’re not the only one feeling miserable from unrequited love here.”

“You’re kidding. You’re not possibly saying that you like me.” Rascor looked at Xien in disbelief.

“I kissed you, didn’t I?” Xien rolled his eyes.

“I thought that was just ‘caught in the moment’ kind of thing or perhaps hormones or something. I have to go.” Rascor took his legs out of the water and stood up. He didn’t like the situation he’s in right now.

“It’s late already. I’ll take drive you home.” Xien offered as he stood up.

“I’m not a girl!!! Stop acting nice to me. You’re freaking me out.” Rascor was almost screaming when he said this. “You better be in your normal self the next time you speak to me.” With that, he hurriedly walked away from the genius.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

The three rivals, though they’re not anymore rivals, still hang out together with Castor and Skyler. Kisho would hang out sometimes with them. Chrono seem to take a liking at Kisho and is currently obsessed at him. So to whoever or wherever Kisho would decide to hang out at the moment, Chrono would follow him. Sometimes Skyler and Castor would like to have private moments so that always leaves to Rascor and Xien being stuck together.

Things changed between Rascor and Xien. They still don’t get along but they don’t argue anymore. Rascor would even say or do things purposely to make Xien mad and argue with him but Xien refuse to take the bait and remain calm. Now that they are alone together once again, Rascor couldn’t stop himself from admitting anymore. “You know, I really miss the old days when we used to argue a lot.”

They are currently at the school’s rooftop for 30 minutes already. They figured out 15 minutes ago that the rest probably won’t show up to have lunch with them for today. “Then you should look for a new sparring partner because I refuse to be one. It’s getting tiring and a complete waste of energy.” Xien said before taking another bite at his lunch.

“You’re just bitter because you were busted by me.” Rascor had a satisfied smirk on his face when he saw Xien’s reaction.

Xien choked and coughed. Then he proceeded to drink the water. A few more coughs before he glared at Rascor. He composed himself as he said calmly. “I remember confessing to you but I don’t recall courting you. Therefore, I was not busted. It does not even take a genius to know that you are not interested in me. I confessed so that I can let go of my feelings and move on. Now would you kindly drop that subject?”

“Why are you letting your feelings fade away? Shouldn’t you be acting on them now that I am still not over at being heartbroken? The situation is at your advantage.” Rascor had stopped eating for a while now. He is just simply playing with the food while having this conversation with Xien.

“If I court you now, I know that there’s a higher chance of you accepting it but that does not mean you feel the same way for me. I would simply be a replacement of Castor and I don’t want that. But I want you to know, despite all those arguments and rivalries, I still consider you as a friend. Right now, what you really need the most is a friend and that’s why I’m here.” Xien started to put his things away and did the same with Rascor’s since he knows that Rascor wouldn’t be eating lunch anymore.

“That’s a touching speech, Xien. I don’t know what else to say.” Rascor was honestly speechless. A minutes of silence passed by. “Well, since we’re friends, what about we hang out at a karaoke bar later?” Rascor laughed out loud at the horrified look on Xien’s face.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

A/N: And so this is the awaited sequel ^_^  It only has 4 chapters.  For those who don't remember/know who Kisho is, he is the informative person that Skyler first met in No Longer At The Sideline.