chapter 3: string of fate

Twisted Fate

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the millennial years (year 2017)

 

Fei: so where is your best friend?

 

Suzy: he was busy, making script (she said as she scanning the menu in her front)

 

Min: how nice, so what’s the plot of their story now?

 

 

Suzy: don’t know, but it’s all about Joseon era again.

 

 

Jia: Jeez. Again?

 

Fei: but in all in fairness, since sir IL Woo handed the yearly presentation in our department we never lose in any of it.

 

Min: yeah. As if he really excel in that part right?

 

Jia: and jeez! He’s so hottie, he’s my type! (she giggles)

 

Fei: but he’s snob isn’t he?

 

Suzy: He’s not! (she defended)

 

Min: c’mon! (she rolled eyes) he’s only nice to you—you’re the exemption on his snob attitude.

 

Suzy: he’s nice. Maybe strict but he’s nice! (she defended her teacher)

 

Jia: don’t you think he has a girlfriend?

 

Fei: stop dreaming of Sir IL Woo, you will be never his type

 

Jia: and who else do you think?

 

Fei: maybe me (she giggles)

 

Jia: YAH! (she pushed her gently making her bumped into Suzy)

 

Suzy: Yah! (as she hit someone because of their pushing)

 

All they heads turn as they saw who Suzy bumps to, it was Eun Hye, the new teacher in their school.

 

Suzy: mianhe.

 

Eun Hye: (she smiled sweetly towards her) it’s okay. Oh—did you get your order? Let me pay instead. (she said with all smiles towards Suzy)

 

Suzy: oh ma’am! You don’t have too—

 

Eun Hye: just charge the payment of her in my account (she said to the cashier)

 

Suzy: Ma’am—(she said shyly)

 

Eun Hye: it’s fine. Also the payments of her friends, charge those on mine.

 

Cashier: is that all ma’am?

 

Eun Hye: yes.

 

Suzy: but—

 

Eun Hye: no buts okay? (she smiled)

 

Fei/ Min/ Jia: (exchange stares to each other) komawo Ms. Eun Hye.

 

Eun Hye: (just smiled)

 

Cashier: ma’am these all your orders (as she handed full loaded of dozens of ice coffees and donuts) Uhmm—can you handle these all?

 

Eun Hye: (smiled awkwardly) I guess.

 

Suzy: we can help you ma’am! (she said ,she raised her hand also) right? (as she looks at her friends)

 

Fei/ min/ Jia: of course! (they smiles)

 

.

.

.

 

They all headed to the faculty room, Suzy with her friends were walking behind Eun Hye, on the other hand, Eun Hye was walking gracefully, all those students they passed by keeps greeting her, in which Eun Hye greeted them back.

 

 

They reach the table inside the faculty.

 

Eun Hye: thank you, you can put those here (she said smiling, she looks at Suzy intently, her eyes saying something in between)

 

Suzy: its okay. Thank you for the treat.

 

Eun Hye: its fine, everything for you.

 

Suzy stared  at her, baffled on her words as she bid their goodbyes.

 

Upon walking, Suzy saw Myungsoo there, in the near area which is vacant, he was seriously looking at his papers in his front, all his attentions and focus were there as if there is something interesting he was reading right now.

 

But Suzy knew better, she knew that Myungsoo was seriously thinking of script he will be used for the upcoming play.

 

Suzy just stared at her best friend until she already went out of the faculty room.

 

On the other hand, Myungsoo heaved a heavy sighed, as he remembered something; and it was his dream.

 

In his dream, he dream about a woman who looks exactly like Suzy, but seems in different with her. In his dream he saw Suzy doing a sword routine, she looks seriously upon doing it.

 

But one thing Myungsoo notices, her aura was far from the Suzy he knew.

 

https://33.media.tumblr.com/e8b4deef468c0c86652a5e5cd82460c6/tumblr_inline_nldl01d9V61rk7v63.gif

 

https://data.whicdn.com/images/57023534/original.gif

 

 

Myungsoo mind is full of that dream, engrossed as that images keeps popping and popping in his mind when IL Woo came and taps his shoulder.

 

IL Woo: Hey! (he said tapping him)

 

Myungsoo: oh sir! (he looks surprised)

 

IL Woo: you okay? (he asks)

 

Myungsoo: yes. (he smiled) just thinking about the story line.

 

IL Woo: oh! Having a hard time? wanna help you out?

 

Myungsoo: (simply smiled) Well—I have an idea in mind but—I don’t think if it’s good enough

 

IL Woo: Well—spill it.

 

Myungsoo: Uhhmm— a person living in the Joseon era that can travel in the present world? What do you think?

 

IL Woo: (stared at him as if what he said is something familiar to him) hmmm—that’s a good idea.

 

Myungsoo: maybe we can do it as a romance I think?? Just to make it catchy towards millennial’s students. The girl, who living in the Joseon era that can travel in the present time meet a man in present. I think of that way.

 

 

IL Woo: okay that’s good.

 

 

Myungsoo: and I prefer of a woman living in the past whom very skilful in using sword, is that possible?

 

 

IL Woo: (stops for a while) a girl who is skilful in swordsmanship? Well—that’s new, I thought of a girl should be good in dancing on such. I thought of that.

 

Myungsoo: well—I just wanted to make it different.

 

IL Woo: okay let’s work on that way. So how can we get the casting?

 

Myungsoo: I wanted it to be realistic as soon as possible, how about we train the female lead over swords fighting? Even just the basic?

 

IL Woo: Well—we should find someone to teach us to do so. Oh I have someone whom I know.

 

Eun Hye: I think you didn’t need one—(she interrupt as she put a glass of iced cold coffee in Myungsoo’s front)

 

Myungsoo/ IL Woo:  huh?

 

Eun Hye: you’re great in swordsmanship right? ( she said towards IL Woo)

 

IL Woo: (brows furrowed)

 

 

Myungsoo: you know how sir?

 

 

Eun Hye: Nah. I’m just kidding! (she laughed) ohh—sorry that’s the last coffee. (She said sarcastically)

 

 

IL Woo: (raised one eyebrow seems he was amused by her) its fine. Coffee is never been my thing. I prefer tea.

 

 

Eun Hye: is that so? Good for you then. (and she leave them two)

 

Myungsoo: why do I have a feeling that you and Ms. Eun Hye are not in good terms?

 

IL Woo: molla? (he shrugs)

 

.

.

.

 

 

At the library:

 

It was past 5 pm but Myungsoo was still at the library doing nothing, just simply reading stuffs he needed for his research about the story he will going.

 

But his mind can’t process at all. All his attention is to the woman he dream about.

 

Her face who looks exactly like Suzy, the way she looks, her hard facial features yet still soften on her own way.

 

Unconsciously Myungsoo started drawing her, the exact facial features she had that time.

 



 

Eun Hye: you have a very talented hands.

 

Myungsoo: Wooa! (He seems startled) Ms. Eun Hye!

 

Eun Hye: (laughed) sorry. Did I scared you?

 

Myungsoo: hooo. I never saw you coming.

 

Eun Hye: you seems really engrossed on what you doing. Oh wait! Is that Suzy? (she asks) wow. Is she is the main lead in the play.

 

Myungsoo: yes. No I mean—

 

Eun Hye: it’s fine. You know what? I knew someone who’s great as you when it comes on drawing.

 

 

Myungsoo: chicnha?

 

 

Eun Hye: yeah. (as she remember that person) but I think he’s way better—


 

Myungsoo: Tss. Bias Ma’am.

 

 

Eun Hye: wae? I’m just stating the fact. Add some here to make it more realistic.  (she points out)

 

 

Myungsoo: you also draw ma’am?

 

 

Eun Hye: I’m the best on it.

 

 

Myungsoo: Ohh—

 

 

---

 

IL Woo was busy arranging his things in the vacant room of his pad, as he was focused on arranging all, his eyes landed on the canvas that properly and neatly wrapped, curiously, he unwrapped it and found a portrait of a beautiful lady in hanbok.

 

She was not smiling yet her face shouting for beauty. She has her own charismatic figure.


 

IL Woo remembered how he draw this portrait right after he opens his eyes from being sleep for coma for a year—

 

Right after that, his fascination towards the Joseon Era becomes stronger, as if he’s life depends on it.

 

IL Woo: who are you? (He asks the portrait) why does my heart ache just looking at you? (He holds the part of his heart)

 

 

******

 

 

At the Joseon Era:

 

 

Suji keeps on attacking those bad guys who seems doubled in number. They were outnumbered. Her eyes travelled and found Baekhyun staring at her too. Worry written on his face as she gave him a confident look that they both known since childhood. 

 

Baekhyun nodded his head as he help Soohyun to get up, in his side Jisoo was there.

 

Baekhyun: Kaja! (he said to Soohyun)

 

Jisoo: where are we going?

 

Baekhyun: at the count of three we will going to run arraso? He will block us in order to escape (as he points Suji)

 

Soohyun: you going to leave him? (He said panting)

 

Baekhyun: of course he will follow!

 

 

Jisoo: how sure of you?

 

 

Baekhyun: o know my sis—(rolled eyes) do you even realized how good he was! I’ m sure he will follow! One

 

Suji: two. (as she keeps on attacking the villains she position herself in Baekhyun’s front)

 

 

Suji/ Baekhyun: three.

 

 

Baekhyun stood up supporting Soohyun while Suji kick the man in her front with enough force to make them fall.

 

And they all started running; Soohyun on the other hand, who seems half awake, due to the wound he got, looks at Suji who just like them running,

 

Suji stops for a while when the bad guys keeps on chasing them, she attack them, the man hits her tied hair causing for her hair to untied freely.

 

Slowly, just like how everything becomes slowly to Soohyun’s he was amazed and mesmerise as his eyes were fix to her, Suji’s natural wavy and long hair that fell freely upon looking at her, Soohyun felt something weird in his heart.

 

Suji looks at her brother, giving him a nod to go first.

.

.

.

 

 

Soohyun: are you sure your friend of yours is fine being alone? (he said the moment Baekhyun laid him to the floor)

 

Ji Soo eye’s roamed over the abandon house, even its looks like being using for a long time, the furniture are still intact and in place.

 

Ji Soo: where are we? Who’s house is this?

 

Baekhyun: this is our hideout.

 

Ji Soo: hide out?

 

Baekhyun: yeah. (he lazily said) we used to play here when we were young. ( he answered as he started undressing the prince who is badly wounded)

 

 

Ji Soo: yah! What you think you’re doing?

 

Soohyun, on the other hand, seems not arguing, he was too weak for that, bullets of sweats all over his handsome face as he was wincing from pain.

 

Baekhyun: obviously? Cleaning his wounds—

 

Ji Soo: are you a license doctor? Don’t you think it’s—

 

Soohyun: it’s okay—but how about your friend (he said panting)

 

Baekhyun: (as he started pressing his wound) one, two, three

 

 

Blaaggg!

 

 

And Suji went inside the house panting bullets of sweats in her forehead, her long hair was messed but she didn’t mind.

 

 

Just like earlier, Soohyun started felt the same thing he felt earlier, his eyes directly look at her, same as him, Suji looks at him too, but the same way he was giving him.

 

Baekhyun: See? (he smirked)

 

 

Suji went nearer to them.

 

 

Suji: is he okay? (she asks)

 

 

Baekhyun: he’s wound is not that deep but he lose a lot of blood. But no worries at all. Mind giving me a hand?

 

Suji: of course.

 

.

.

.

 

 

Soohyun opens his eyes and found Suji standing there staring at him.

 

 

Suji: baek—he’s awake!

 

Ji Soo: Joeh—

 

Soohyun: (stops him from calling him) what is your name? (instead he asks, the memory of her a while ago while untying her hair was still creped on his mind)

 

Sujilooks surprised she was about to answer when Baekhyun came inside panting.

 

Baekhyun: we’re in trouble! (he said to his sister)

 

Suji: Wae?

 

Baekhyun: aboenim were looking for us! We’re dead!

 

 

Suji: chincha? (she stood up horrified)

 

Without further ado, Baekhyun and Suji went outside not even biding their goodbyes to Jisoo and Soohyun.

 

 

Jisoo: YAH!

 

But the two seems not to mind them.

 

 

---

 

 

Days passed but it seems Soohyun was still thinking of that scene on his head. The way Suji untied freely her long wavy hair.

 

Her eyes.

 

Her innocent looking face.

 

Soohyun shook his head. The heck he thinking of that person.

 

 

Jisoo: Joeha!

 

Prince Soohyun: Hmm.. Deh?

 

Jisoo: you seems not on yourself this past few days.

 

Prince Soohyun: am I? (as he fake a cough) I’m fine. Have you already find them?

 

Jisoo: they still looking for them both.

 

Prince Soohyun: is that so?

 

Jisoo: why do you want to see them?

 

Prince Soohyun: I’ m still not saying my thank you.

 

Jisoo: or maybe some other reason? (as he remembered the girl too) it’s about that girl right?

 

Prince Soohyun: huh?

 

Jisoo: the girl we met—

 

Prince Soohyun: Ani--

 

.

.

.

 

 

At the library:

 

 

 

 

“Ji Soo son, you have to take care of this”

 

The woman said to a five year old boy,

 

“What is this mom?” he innocently asks. As for his age, he is sharp and intelligent, one of things he inherited from his father.

 

“It’s our family most prize possession, it’s our linage crest, past and passed by the first family, the only priif of being the direct descendants of the Jung Clan” the woman smiled delicately. “You have to take care of this, since you were the first born of our family, same as you have to continue our family linage.”

 

The young boy nodded.

 

“you and you’re future siblings have the same necklace as this, —promised me, son; whatever happens you have to take care of your siblings huh—“

 

 

“Yes eomonie—with all my heart” the young boy nodded.

 

 

 

Ji Soo was silently staring at what he was holding beside his book, his face hardens as his hold to his necklace become tight.

 

 

“Eomonie—what is happening?”

 

“Ji Soo, c’mon!” his mom keeps dragging him.

 

 

“Mom—“

 

All he saw on their entire household were the royal guards who attacking them. Bloods everywhere, death soldiers same as their family members were all in the ground, everywhere—

 

It was a chaos

 

 

“Agassi—“one of the soldier and trusted of their family came near to them. “Please use the secret tunnel for you and the young master to be safe”

 

“Where’s my husband?” his mom asked, terrified as he felt her hands trembling while holding him.

 

 

The man shook his head.

 

 

“Mom? Where’s dad?” he asks.

 

 

His mom, though teary eyed looks at him with smile “your dad is fine—he sure come to us c’mon! we need you to be safe” as she smile.

 

“C’mon Agassi! I’ll you there”

 

.

.

.

 

 

“Mom—“

 

“Ahhhh!” she clenched her tummy, “I think I’m going to give birth”

 

Ji Soo helps her mother to sit on the ground.

 

“Eomonie are you okay?”

 

His mom nodded. Bullets of sweats on her forehead.

 

“Who am I going too called?”

 

“Relax I’ll be fine—“as she panting hard.

 

“There—go there! Find them!”

 

Both of their heads looks on the direction where the voice come from.

 

“You need to find them and bring their heads to the king!”

 

Teriffied for what he heard he looks at his mother who seems scared like him.

 

“Ji Soo, used this tunnel—“as she points the secret passage that only the first clan knew.

 

“But what about you?”

 

“They will find us both if we continue to be together—son, you promised me to be safe okay? You have to cross over the tunnel, it links to the next village—it’s safer there”

 

“But—“

 

“And find your siblings—whatever it cost, whatever it is son, always remember that we didn’t did wrong, your father—our family didn’t did what they accusing to us—have a peaceful life” his mother cried “just like what I and your father wanted you and your siblings to have” as she caressed her belly.

 

 

“Are we going to see each other?”

 

 

“Of course—I will definitely look for you” she smiled.

 

 

Ji Soo nodded his head, he headed to the tunnel, as he keeps on walking his tears flowing freely to his eyes, and he was near midway when he heard screaming outside.

 

“Uwwwaaaahhh!!”

 

“Uwwaahhh!”

 

Crying of a baby envelopes his senses of hearing.

 

“We found her!”

 

Ji Soo wanted to stops and back to his mother

 

 

“You have to stay alive”

 

“Always remember your father—our family didn’t did wrong we didn’t did what they accusing to us”

 

With heavy heart, as he heard the last screams of his siblings whom he didn’t see, and his mom who he adored a lot, he continue walking—

 

.

.

.

 

 

“Yoboe!” the old woman shouted, making JI Soo opens his eyes

 

He was lying in the ground, as he roamed his eyes to his surroundings, it was literally unfamiliar to him.

 

“What happen to you?” the woman ask.

 

But Ji Soo didn’t response he kept on staring blankly as the memory of what happen to them keeps flashing to his mind.

 

As they all clan being murdered

 

His father—

 

Mother and unborn siblings

 

His grandparents—

 

 

All of them including their maids and soldiers

 

The man who looks came from a wealthy family stared at him intently.

 

“You’re—“

 

“Do you know him yoboe?” his wife asks.

 

“You’re the son of Jung Jin Young”

 

“What?!” his wife seems terrified.

 

 “So—it really happens”

 

“Abeonim!” Ji Soo started crying the moment he heard his father’s name.

 

.

.

.

 

“From now on, you were not Jung Ji Soo, but Kim Ji Soo” the man said. “You were my son”

 

 

Princess Ji- Eun: Hey!!!

 

Ji Soo came back to his senses

 

Princess Ji-Eun: what are you doing? (she asks as her eyes landed onwhat he was holding)

 

Ji Soo automatically hid his necklace, the only thing that reminds of him to his family. His real family.

 

Ji Soo: nothing.

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

Meanwhile:

 

 

“ Jin Young” a man, wearing a red hanbok called him.

 

The man he called Jin Young turns his head smiling.

 

 

“Jeoha!” he addresses him.

 

“Yah! Sshh..” as he looks around. “We’re outside the palace stop calling me that, call me Hyun Woo that’s better”

 

 

Jin Young laughed. “So what’s the future king doing? Sneaking again outside the palace?” he asks.

 

“Bored—c’mon let’s find Yoo Jin”

 

And they both started walking while laughing freely.

 

.

.

.

 

“Yahh!” 

 

“Aiiggo” Jin young said as they saw Yoo Jin who seriously doing his practice in swords.

 

“He was really on this” Hyun Woo, the crown prince said.

 

blaagg

 

Clap.

 

Clap.

 

Clap.

 

The two men claps their hands as they saw their friends did something great. And that is when he fell in the ground.

 

 

“Gwenchana?” Hyun Woo asks Yoo Jin

 

Yoo Jin gives them his famous death glared.

 

 

“Tss” Yoo Jin said.

 

“Aiiggooo! How can you be the head of soldier if you were clumsy as that?” Jin Young teases.

 

 

“Shut up!” Yoo Jin stood up. “ well—sorry to say this but I’m running to be one” he said proudly.

 

“Chincha?” JinYoung said happily.

 

“Yes, I heard it from father king” Hyun Woo seconded.

 

 

“Well—that’s great”

 

“But you’re greater, I heard from father you will be the youngest minister in the history, a seventeen year old Jung Jin Young, who become the top-notches in minister exams”

 

“Yah! That’s not—“ JinYoung scratch his head, shyly.

 

“Tss—do you think you can hide it to us, especially me?” Hyun Woo asks.

 

They all laughed

 

“Ha Ra, you’re the future king remembered?”

 

Hyun Woo, the crown prince who will become the king when time comes,

 

Jin Young the youngest minister of their country at age of 17,

 

And Yoo Jin, the best swordsman in their country,

 

 

“And it’s going to be great when the two of you will be in my side when I have the crown” Hyun Woo said.

 

“Of course we will serve you with all our heart contents.”

 

And from the peaceful and happy dream everything become dark—

 

 

Frightening

 

And heavy feeling.

 

“Why you have to kill me?” a 24 year old, bloody and lifeless Jin Young appeared from his dream.

 

“Huuhh Huhh” the king keeps his head spinning from right to left, bullets in his forehead as his bad dreams keep and keeps on his head.

 

 

  “Why you have to kill me?”

 

“Wae? I have I done?”

 

Eunoch Hong: are you okay king?

The king who is panting hard awakens, he looks stress.

 

King Hyun Woo: yeah. I’m fine.

 

Eunuch Hong: did you dream of that again?

 

The king nodded his head.

 

King Hyun Woo: I heard about my son, the crown prince was still looking for the captain of the army 17 years ago?

 

Eunuch Hong: yes your majesty, seems that the crown prince wanted him to serve again under your loyalty.

 

King Hyun Woo: (smiles bitterly) since he died (pertaining to Jin Young), I lose another friend too, Yoo Jin left me too.

 

Eunuch Hong: you’re majesty,  (as he gives his sympathy)

 

King Hyun Woo: I , maybe the king of this country—but I felt empty.

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

At Su Ji’s household:

 

 

Su Ji: abeonim—(she said almost pleading, as both of them with Baekhyun kneeling o nthe floor as they received the punishment towards their father)

 

Yoo Jin: how many times do I have to tell you both not to engage in any fights?

 

Baekhyun: but—we we’re just helping them out (his reason out)

 

Yoo Jin: (taps his wooden sword)

 

Hurriedly, Baekhyun looks down same as Su Ji.

 

Yoo Jin: you both—I really don’t know what I will do with you.

 

The two of them looks at each other with hidden smile on their faces.

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

Queen: so what happen? How the crown prince does is still breathing and kicking? (She asks, face hardens in disgust)

 

 

Lady Min: the men you commanded my queen told me that someone help the price.

 

 

Queen: some one? Who’s that?

 

 

Lady Min: we didn’t know whom it was—

 

 

Queen: so the crown prince is still lucky huh (she smiled evilly)

 

 

Lady Min: and I heard he was still looking for that person my queen—

 

 

Queen: seriously? But he wouldn’t find him—I wouldn’t allowed it—there is no way I let him met him and knew the truth.

 

 

Prince Joo Hyuk: queen mother—(he greeted, his eyes darted to the woman in his mother front, the head servant of his mother)

 

 

Queen: ohh—my prince son, what are you doing here? (Her face become innocent like a child, far from the evilly she was earlier)

 

 

Prince Joo Hyuk: Well—(as he smiled, ignoring the woman whom for some reason he hates) I was wondering if my sister came here.

 

 

Queen: Wae? Why does the princess will come here?

 

Prince Joo Hyuk: (smiles) queen mother—

 

****

 

Back to year 2017:

 

 

Third day. It’s been Myungsoo’s third day in doing his manuscript. His mind were focus yet he still not satisfied on his works.

 

Myungsoo: Aiggoo—

 

Eun Hye came out of nowhere

 

 

Eun Hye: getting a hard time?

 

 

Myungsoo: oohh—Ms Eun Hye! (He jumps in surprised)

 

Eun Hye: (smiled she seated on the front of him) you still doing your script?

 

Myungsoo: (nodded)

 

Eun Hye: mind if I look on it?

 

Myungsoo: (give his laptop to her)

 

Eun Hye: hmmm—(as she read it)

 

Myungsoo: how is that? I’m not confident on my works, it seems lock on something—

 

Eun Hye: no. it’s good. Wanna hear something, very interesting story about Joseon Dynasty?— it might got help you but don’t take it seriously, it’s like my great grandma old tales you know

 

Myungsoo: chincha?

 

Eun Hye nodded.

 

Suzy: (who just come)

 

Eun Hye: you’re here (her voice is excited upon seeing Suzy)

 

Suzy: wae? Did I missed something?

 

Myungsoo: no you don’t! (as he pulled her in hands and seated on his side not letting go of their hands together)

 

Suzy secretly smiled.

 

Myungsoo: Miss Eun—continue please--

 

Eun Hye: yes. Okay. There is a family linage that never been written in any kind of papers nor books that was completely vanished with no trace.

 

Myungsoo and Suzy were quietly and attentively listening to her story—

 

Eun Hye: it was a tragic fate towards them, right after all they done—they remain unwanted, unknown and unnoticed at all. Like they were never been existed.

 

Suzy: but why? Why they were not ever written? I mean what they have done?

 

Eun Hye: it’s been a long story, their family we’re well known in their time, but despite of that-- there is a secret untold towards them; in order to keep the family linage alive, they kept the most and deepest secret that only their family know—no one knew it at all not until—(as she exhaled deeply) that day— when their secrets have been revealed, that ruin everything and turns them into ashes. And vanished.

 

 

Eun Hye looks at them intently, as she lean herself to the chair to make herself comfortable.

 

 

Myungsoo: so what they have done? And they secret?

 

 

IL Woo: So what are you doing here at this hour? (He asks) you two better go home--

 

 

Eun Hye: (looks at him and rolled eyes)

 

 

Suzy: awww— but Ms. Eun Hye just started her story! It’s very interesting!

 

IL Woo: (raised one eye brow)

 

Myungsoo: Ms. Eun Hye told us about untold story in Joseon era sir—you have to listen to it.

 

 

IL Woo: really? (He asks Eun Hye)

 

Eun Hye: (didn’t mind him) c’mon guys. I don’t want to share it with strangers most especially with this guy. (as she looks disgusted to IL Woo)

 

IL Woo: WHAT? Do we have a problem here woman? (He asks)

 

Eun Hye looks at him, narrowing his eyes while IL Woo did the same thing

 

 

Suzy: (whispers to Myungsoo) why do I have a feeling that Ms. Eun Hye was mad at Sir?

 

 

Myungsoo: Shhhsss…

 

 

Eun Hye: (smiles sweetly towards Suzy) you should go home now, and don’t worry you will know it soon, very soon.

 

Suzy was baffled she looks confused towards Eun Hye.

 

.

.

.

 

The next day:

 

Suzy opens her eyes as the first thing she touches was the necklace she have since childhood, it was a moon crescent with a white stone on it.

 

Mrs. Kim: Suzy are you still—(stops as she saw Suzy was already awake) what’s the matter sweetie?

 

Suzy: eomonie, does my parents gives this necklace to me?

 

Mrs. Kim : (shocked) o-of course. They did. (she smiled)

 

Suzy: I see.

 

---

 

IL Woo was reading and scanning the manuscript made by Myungsoo, as he seriously reading every lines and words of it.

 

Myungsoo: how is that? (he nervously asks)

 

IL Woo: (he stop midway—as something familiar to his mind came across)

 

 

It was blurry and cloudy though the scene makes familiar to him. From the scene he was reading, it was a man who saw a woman in the river for the first time, it was written that they first meeting was not that good.

 

Facing each other while the man is smiling from ear to ear, looks like he was enjoying teasing the woman. While the woman is almost frowning. Though it was only elaborated in the script, it makes him see things clearer as if he pictured it with himself.

 

Then an unknown man came crossed in his man, but what makes him surprised is to see the woman, who he drew from the first time he woke up, the same woman who makes his heart ache whenever he looks on her painting.

 

IL Woo shake his head. Trying to get hold of himself.

 

 

Myungsoo: are you okay sir?

 

IL Woo: yeah. Well—I like this script, but can I asked you something?

 

Myungsoo: sure what is it?

 

IL Woo: in where you got the idea of the script?

 

Myungsoo: (smiles) some of the scene was made by Ms. Eun Hye she help me with some details like what character should the lead man possess and partly the female lead too. Since I wanted the female lead to be more skilled and partly boyishly.

 

IL Woo: I see. (he nodded) can I have this for a while?

 

Myungsoo: sure.

 

IL Woo looks outside the window, the whole scenario of the play was something makes him familiar.

 

One who can travel back to the future.

 

IL Woo sighed.

 

Without all his knowing, Eun Hye was silently staring at him, glaring at him as he made something horrible to her.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

Jia: aiggoo! My body hurts! My gosh! (as she made some stretching on her body) physical education is really !

 

Suzy: it’s fun you know!

 

Min: you’re just saying that sicne you were the only student that Ms. Eun Hye didn’t got mad onto! Unfair!

 

Suzy: (smiled triumph) because I’m really good in dancing.

 

Fei: Chincha? As in? I saw you got mistake thrice! Jeez I hate cultural dance now!

 

Jia: why on earth Ms. Eun Hye teaches us cultural dance?

 

Suzy: it’s for the play right? I heard there will be a part were dancing is needed.

 

 

Min: as is? She’s so perfectionist god! (she exclaimed)

 

Suzy: but she’s really good right? I mean she’s very good.

 

 

Min: jeez. You’re just saying that since she was really nice to you! As in!

 

Suzy: she’s not!

 

JiA: we all see it! The way she looks at you, it was something!

 

Suzy: yah! Don’t put colours on it!

 

 

Jia: Jeez!

 

 

Fei: but anyways—have you heard the news?

 

 

Min: what news?

 

 

Fei: the selection slash audition for the female lead started! Are you going to audition?

 

 

Suzy: chincha? Since when?

 

Min: it was all written in bold and capital letters in bulletin board baby—(she stated)

 

Suzy: why the heck Myungsoo didn’t told me?

 

Jia: seriously?

 

Suzy: I want to audition! I’m sure I going to take the lead role!

 

Min: in your dreams! I heard they were looking for someone who can do swords stuff or such? Since the female lead will be a boyish I think?

 

 

Suzy: what?

 

Fei: and based on how clumsy you are—(AS ahw shake her head) never mind.

 

Suzy: NOOO!! I can do that!

 

Jia: if you say so! (They all laughed)

 

 

*****

 

Back to the Joseon Era:

 

 

Su Ji: what is this abeonim? (as she look at the moon crescent necklace that her father given to her)

 

 

 

Yoo Jin: that was for you

 

 

Su Ji: (brows furrowed) Wae? It’s not even my birthday.

 

 

Yoo Jin: but your birthday is nearly to come.  Keep that necklace that’s the only remembrance your late mother given to you.

 

 

Su Ji nodded, as her eyes fixed on the necklace.

 

 

Yoo Jin: you really look exactly your mother, (he said as he remember her)

 

 

 

Yoo Jin: minus the boyish attitude (he laugh)

 

Su Ji: YAH! Abeonim (she pouted)

 

Yoo Jin: aiggo!

 

Su Ji: tell me more about our mother abeonim—(she said excitedly)

 

 

Yoo Jin: (looks at her, hiding the bitterness and longiness he felt as he remembered a certain woman from her) she—she was really clumsy, but a happy and friendly person, a very genuine and kind person. (he smiled, as memory of her keeps flashing in his mind)

 


 

“YAH! Byun Yoo Jin” the woman shouted as she was bridging in the bricks

 

“You might got fell there” Yoo Jin said.

 

The woman just stuck her tongue as she continue brigding on the bricks. “You know what? I met a very, very arrogant guy earlier in the riverfalls. Tss.. What he really thinks? His handsome? Tss.. Okay, given he was handsome but his really arrogant!”

 

“So now you’re mad?” he teases.

 

It was great to have a little conversation with her, her lively and light personality; growing up with her was never been hard to him. Despite her childishness, he found her very amusing and lovely as well.

 

“I’m just wondering—“

 

“Hmm—“

 

Su Ji: abeonim!

 

Yoo Jin came back on his senses as he saw Suji was intently looking at her.

 

Yoojin: waeyo?

 

Suji: nothing (she smiled) am I forgiven now?

 

Yoojin: don’t used that to me it wouldn’t be work.

 

Suji: Aww—abeonim.

 

 

Yoojin smiled at her. He saw the same smile he treasured in his memory.

 

So Yeon-ah.

 

If she only knew everything, will her daughter be mad at him?

 

 

 

Aiiggooo.. sorry for the super late update—is anyone anticipating for this story?

 

Please leave your comment down there.

 

Komawo!