Chapter 2: From the distance

Twisted Fate

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the millennial era:

 

 

Fei: have you heard?

 

Suzy: heard what?

 

They were in the coffee shop near at their school compound, having their usual thing before going home.

 

Fei: we will going to have a new professor.

 

Min: Chincha? Where did you get that news?

 

Jia: yeah. And what’s wrong for having a new professor?

 

Fei: Jeez. What I heard, she took Mr. Wang place, why in the first place right? we all know that Mr. Wang is one of the best professor, and taking her place is something urgh!

 

Min: oh! So that’s it!

 

Suzy: maybe the new professor is better than Mr. Wang

 

Fei: YAH!!

 

Jia: okay—we understand why you coming from okay? You have crush on Mr. Wang that’s why.

 

Min: so don’t be upset, maybe our next professor would be more handsome than him

 

Fei: she’s a female!!! (she blurt out)

 

Jia/ Min / Suzy: Oh—(forming  a perfect O shape)

 

Fei: and what I’ve heard in faculty, she’s the real meaning of goddess. (she cross her legs and arms)

 

Jia: Wow! So what’s subject she will be our teacher? (excitedly asks)

 

Fei: (glared at her)

 

---

 

The next morning:

 

Mr. Han: good morning everyone (getting all the attention inside the faculty room)

 

IL Woo: (still busy not paying attention)

 

Mr. Han walks with unusual aura on him, knowing him as the strict director of this school, it is unusual to see him smiling from ear to ear, from his behind there is a lovely lady walking gracefully.

 

Mr. Han: Everyone, she would be our new part of our family, our new dance instructor Ms. Yoon Eun Hye.

 

Ms. Song: wow. For real? She looks like a model to me.

 

Mr. Kim: Aiiggoo..

 

Mr. Han: stops the commotion now. Please introduce yourself (he looks at Eun Hye smilingly)

 

Eun Hye: hello everyone (she smiled sweetly) I am Yoon Eun Hye I hope we all get along well

 

All except IL Woo (who still busy) : okay. (they all smile)

 

Mr. Han: your table would be right next to Mr. Jung. Let me guide you.

 

Ms. Choi: she’s too obvious huh.

 

Mrs. Hwang: certainly.

 

Upon walking to the table, Eun Hye stops one by one on the table she passes, giving respect and handshakes to her co- teacher.

 

Eun Hye: Nice to meet you (she said In the table where Mrs. Oh seating)

 

Mr. Han: this would be your seat. (pointing the table next to IL Woo) Ehem! (getting his attention)

 

Mr. Lee: Hey IL Woo—(taps his shoulder)

 

IL Woo looks up and saw Mr. Han looking at him intensely.

 

Mr. Han: so I believe you didn’t listen at me very well Mr. Jung.

 

IL Woo: (smiled losing his eyes) I listen Sir—so what’s up? (his tone is friendly as if he was the same age t me)

 

Mr. Han: YOU! (he was about to snap his head) Aiggoo! (he stops as he smiles from his behind) don’t mind this guy, he’s little bit weird, since his the youngest teacher here. Ms. Yoon, this is Jung IL Woo, your with the same department with this cocky guy,

 

IL Woo: we have a new teacher? (he said innocently)

 

Eun Hye: (eyebrow raise)

 

Mr. Lee: you didn’t listening do you? Mr. Han introduced her a moment ago! Don’t be offended on him, I’m Lee Seung Gi. Same department with you both. Nice meeting you.

 

Eun Hye:  likewise. (she smiled, her gazed went back to IL Woo who was looking at her intently)

 

IL Woo: (still looking at her intently)

 

Eun Hye: you know it’s rude to stare like that. (her eyebrow raise once more)

 

IL Woo: have we met before? (he ask seriously)

 

Seung Gi: Aiggoo! (he laughed)

 

Eun Hye: No. (she said firmly)

 

IL Woo: it’s strange. But anyways I am Jung IL Woo nice meeting you (he smiled, his famous dazzling smile that can makes a women flutter, he held his hand for handshake)

 

Eun Hye: (stared at his hand and turn her head) I believe this is my seat? (she asks Mr. Han)

 

Mr. Han: yes.

 

Without a further  ado Eun Hye seated in her seat without minding IL Woo who offering his handshake.

 

IL Woo: (eyebrow twitch from her unfriendly gesture)

 

On his side, Seung Gi suppressing his laughter.

 

.

.

.

 

Seung Gi: I really cant believe it! (he was still laughing) for the very first time, someone snobs you? Hahahaha. That’s epic.

 

IL Woo: What now? I don’t mind it at all.

 

They are walking to the corridor for their class.

 

Seung Gi: she obviously don’t like you.

 

IL Woo: so?

 

Seung Gi: you’re playboy image ruin. Hahaha. Your magnate/hottie—

 

IL Woo: Jeez (he leaves Seung Gi and walks fast)

 

Seung Gi: YAH!!

 

.

.

.

 

IL Woo: Good morning! (he greeted)

 

All: Good morning!

 

IL Woo: (scan the whole room and found that Suzy and Myungsoo was not there, he sighed) okay I’m taking your attendance.

 

All: Deh!

 

.

.

 

 

Meanwhile:

 

Suzy: YAH!!! Kim Myungsoo! Make it fast! We’re going to be late! (she hysterically shouted)

 

Myungsoo: we—already are Suzy, all thanks to you. (he said bored)

 

Suzy: that’s why you have to make it faster! (she stomped her feet)

 

Myungsoo: kay. Kay. Fine!

 

On the corridor, Suzy walks-runs in speed, on her back, Myungsoo was boredly following her, since Suzy didn’t mind her way (since she was really in hurry)

 

Bam!

 

Suzy: Ah! (complained as she bump into someone)

 

The woman’s book fell, by instinct Suzy get the books.

 

Suzy: mianhe! (she said while picking up the books)

 

Eun Hye: it’s fine. (she said while helping her too)

 

Myungsoo: Hey! You okay Suzy? (he asks helping her to pick up the books) Mianhe! (he said to Eun Hye)

 

Eun Hye: (smiled sweetly to Suzy) thanks. You seems in hurry.

 

Suzy: (looks at her with amazement in  eyes) so pretty. Uh—yeah.

 

Eun Hye: be careful always. (she smiles, her smile is warm and gentle, she started walking)

 

Suzy: Uh—is she a new student here? (she asks Myungsoo)

 

Myungsoo: I don’t know and I don’t mind since we are really, really late Suzy

 

Suzy: OMO!

 

.

.

.

 

IL Woo: Bae Suzy, Kim Myungsoo you’re late always (serious voice)

 

Suzy: (bit her lip) sorry (she smiled)

 

IL Woo: (sighed) you two do this exercise in the board.

 

Suzy: deh! (her lips pursed as she saw what’s written in the board)

 

*****

 

At  the Joseon Era:

 

Prince Soo Hyun: why you did that?

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (bows her head, her lips pouted)

 

Prince Soo Hyun: I’m asking you

 

Princess Ji-Eun: I’m sorry—

 

Prince Joo Hyuk: you know how dangerous it is right?

 

Princess Ji-Eun: I know that’s why I’m really sorry.

 

Prince Soo Hyun: (sighed) Fine. Please don’t do that again. (he said in his calm voice)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: are we okay now?

 

Prince Soo Hyun: (sighed again) Really? You really know how to got me huh.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (smiles) thank you dear handsome brothers (she beams)

 

Prince Joo Hyuk: my. My. That’s why she’s spoiled too much. (he teases)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (stuck her tongue out) you’re not going to tell this to our king father?

 

Prince Joo Hyuk: of cour—

 

King: what is it not you’re going to tell me?

 

All of them were surprised, Princess Ji-Eun stood on her seat, bowing her head just like what her brothers did, same as Minister Ji Soo,

 

King: what is it little meeting about?

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (looks nervous) King father, it is—(looks at Minister Ji Soo asking for help)

 

Ji Soo: (one eyebrow raise)

 

Prince Joo Hyuk: uhmm—our king it’s all about—

 

The king one’s eyebrow raise waiting for them to answer.

 

JPrince Soo Hyun: it just about the portrait that our princess was telling you King.

 

King: oh—what about the portrait?

 

Princess Ji-Eun: yeah! That’s right! King father, you promised us that you will let Ji Soo to paint us right? Right Ji Soo? Right? (she looks at Ji Soo making her eyes big for his approval)

 

Ji Soo: yeah, if the King’s schedule was not that tight.

 

King: okay—if it’s fine with you tomorrow I’ll be free. Eunuch Hong—

 

Eunuch Hong: Yes our King—

 

King: make sure that my schedule tomorrow would be free

 

Eunuch Hong: yes our King.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: yes!! (she jumps)

 

The others, same as the king looks at her. Princess Ji-Eun cleared , embarrassed for what she did.

 

King: sometimes, our princess forgot about her being the princess—

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (smiled shyly)

 

King: hahahah … my. My. What will I do if my princess is not around.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: I agree!

 

---

 

The next day:

 

Princess Ji-Eun walks up early than usual, getting herself ready, of course with the help of her servants.

 

Yu Na: your early than usual Princess

 

Yu Na, Princess Ji-Eun personal servant, is same as her age, that’s why Princess Ji-Eun treats her as a friend, since Ji-Eun personality is such light and friendly that’s why all of her servants were close to her.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: Uhmmm—you know that father already cleared his schedule for today, that’s why minister Ji Soo will draw us.

 

Yu Na: that’s good to hear princess

 

Princess Ji-Eun: that’s why I’m going to him so early.

 

Yu Na: (looks suspiciously to her) you really like that young minister don’t you my princess.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: YAH! Shhss! They might heard you.

 

Yu Na: (giggles) I think just a little bit of pushing he will confess to you too—

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (pouted) he doesn’t like me. It’s obvious, he treats me like a sister.

 

Yu Na: (smiles, her smiles tells something in between)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: what do you think? (as she puts her favorite hair pin in her hair) am I look good now?

 

Yu Na: yes princess.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: komawo

 

.

.

.

 

 

Princess Ji-Eun walks slowly to the library, as she keep her feet in tiptoed motion, avoiding herself to create any noises. She giggles when she saw Ji Soo seriously reading a book in hand, she immediately went to his side, wanting him to surprise

 

Ji Soo: what are you doing princess?

 

Princess Ji-Eun: you knew?

 

Ji Soo: yes. (he looks at her intently) it’s early why are you here? (he said in serious tone)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (pouted her lips) how did you know I’m here.

 

Ji Soo: (didn’t response instead went back on reading)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (seated on his side, silently watching him reading)

 

Ji Soo: wae? (he asks, eyes fix in the book)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: I’m just wondering—

 

Ji Soo: on what princess?

 

Princess Ji-Eun: can you drop calling me princess? You can call me Ji-Eun.

 

Ji Soo: no. you’re a princess that’s why.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (pouted)

 

Ji Soo: ( looks at her, he sighed) you know what you wanted is far away from reality.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: wae? That’s why I don’t like being a princess, everyone is afraid of me, they all avoiding me, their avoiding me coz they all afraid of me getting hurt and punish by the king.

 

Ji Soo: their just concern of your well being

 

Princess Ji-Eun: that’s not concern, their just doing their job. It’s different things.

 

Ji Soo: (looks at her intently as if he was reading her into her inner soul) whether it was out of duty nor concern their just doing it because they have too.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: you—are you doing things to my brothe, because it’s your duty? Or because you treat him as your friend?

 

Ji Soo: (looks surprised, he looks at her)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: my brother, he treats you as a friend, and I know just like me, it’s hard to be like us.

 

Ji Soo: that’s the consequences of being a royalty. You are the one who needs to endure things.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (nodded)

 

Silence enveloped to them, Princess Ji-Eun looks around while Ji Soo busy reading his book.

 

.

.

.

 

Eunuch Hong: you seems happy King.

 

King: am I?

 

Eunoch Hong: certainly you are my king.

 

King: that young minister, what can you say about him?

 

Eunuch Hong: I heard he’s indeed intelligent. He’s the one who top amongs the scholars. And he is the youngest minister.

 

King: I heard about it,

 

Enuch Hong: you seems interested with that young minister King.

 

King: (smiles) am I that obvious?

 

Eunuch Hong: I heard his the only son of Minister Kim Jun Su.

 

King: (nodded)

 

Eunuch Hong: and his quiet famous in girls. I saw how the young servants same as the young daughters of the ministers giggles whenever he was there, his indeed a charismatic young man.

 

King: you seems liking him too Eunuch Hong

 

Eunuch Hong: I’m just telling my observation my king. He’s quiet a potential.

 

King: (smiles as something running on his mind) let’s go maybe they were waiting for us too.

 

.

.

.

 

Back to the palace garden

 

Princess Ji-Eun: (glaring on the servants who were giggling and ogling to Ji Soo)

 

Ji Soo: what’s with your long face? (he notices Ji-Eun frowning)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: nothing. (she said sulking)

 

Ji Soo: (bows his head whenever he saw officials passing by)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: you’re quiet popular with girls (she said)

 

Ji Soo: (raise his one eyebrow, he stops from fixing his things needed in his drawing and looks at Ji-Eun who still frowning mad) chincha?

 

Princess Ji-Eun: Tch. (she rolled her eyes bored)

 

Ji Soo: (laughed a little) you seriously? (he was amazed)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: and you honestly loved the attention. (she sounds accusingly)

 

Ji Soo: uhhmm—(he nodded slowly)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: and you’re not denying it? (her eyes become huge)

 

Ji Soo: (shrug his shoulder)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: You—

 

Prince Joo Hyuk: it seems that you enjoy teasing the princess.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: orabeonie. (she complaints, her brother sounds more teasing than Ji Soo)

 

Prince Joo Hyuk: (laughs)

 

Ji Soo: (laughs too)

 

Princess Ji-Eun seems pissed, she almost stomped her feet, the two, Ji Soo and Prince Joo Hyuk continues teasing her.

 

On the other hand, the king was silently looking at them, he smiles seeing how happy his only princess.

 

.

.

.

 

Ji Soo: please tell me if you all ready (he said focusing himself from the painting he was going to do)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: okay we’re ready.

 

Ji Soo started painting them, upon making the canvas, the queen silently observing them,

 

Queen: What are they doing?

 

Queen’s servant: the princess asks the majesty for this day.

 

Queen: I see. Who’s that man with them?

 

Queen’s servant: he’s the only son of the late minister Kim. Kim Ji Soo, the youngest minister.

 

Queen: Oh—okay. Let’s go. (and they started walking again)

 

.

.

.

 

Princess Ji-Eun:  wow. It’s not yet done but still it’s really pretty. You really have a great hands.

 

Ji Soo: (didn’t said anything instead continue finishing his painting)

 

Princess Ji-Eun: I wonder where did you learn this?

 

Ji Soo: it was taught to me by—(as he remember something) someone.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: I see (she said, leaning herself from the tree)

 

They were still in the garden, as Ji Soo continue to finished his worked Princess Ji-Eun volunteered to be with him, though her presence was not needed, the king was happily agreed on it.

 

Princess Ji-Eun: they say talent was something inherited from our parents, so whom from your parents were great on this?

 

Ji Soo: ( stops from a while) from my father (he said in a tone that even Ji-Eun can’t apprehend)

 

---

 

Back to the millennial years:

 

IL Woo was busy sketching in his sketch pad, he was engross from what he was doing not realizing that Seung Gi, his friend was in his side silently observing him.

 

Seung Gi: Hey!

 

IL Woo: oh. You’re here. (still usy from sketching)

 

Seung Gi: Wow. You’re really good on this. You’re works seems real. What is this? It seems in Joseon era, based on the structure of houses.

 

IL Woo: Yeah. (he said without leaving his attention on his drawing)

 

Seung Gi: wow. What place is this?

IL Woo: a public market I think?

 

Seung Gi: oh—you know what, you really have some interest about the Joseon era or stuffs like that don’t you.

 

IL Woo: a sorts of.

 

Seung Gi: if I don’t know you, I will think your such a weird one, you know.

 

IL Woo: Tch.

 

Seung Gi: c’mon! let’s drink!

 

IL Woo:  fine. It’s your treat then?

 

Seung Gi: fine. Fine.

 

.

.

.

 

Ms. Kim: have you saw her? 

 

Eun Hye: (walks gracefully inside) yes.

 

Ms. Kim: how’s everything then?

 

Eun Hye: (smiles so sweetly by the way she smiles she seems so happy)

 

---

 

Back to the Joseon Era:

 

Baek Hyun: Su Ji-ah Ji-ah! (he calls his sister in a sing like tone)

 

Su Ji: (Boredly looks at him in her window)

 

Su Ji was currently having her studies, proper etiquette and anything concerns about turning her to be a fine lady.

 

Su Ji: What now? (she said irritated)

 

Baek Hyun: you want to come with me? (he said excitedly)

 

Su Ji: you know abeonim would got mad

 

Baek hyun: abeonim is not here. And here ( as he handed the key in his hand, he beams)

 

Su Ji: Baek Hyun—(she said happily)

 

.

.

.

 

Su Ji: AHHH!! This is life! (she shouted the moment she steps her feet in the mountain)

 

Baek Hyun: now you’re happy! (he seems happy too)

 

Su Ji: so where are we going?

 

Baek Hyun: trust me you’ll love it.

 

.

.

.

 

Prince Soo Hyun and Ji Soo were walking to the woods when a group of men surrounds them

 

Man 1 : aiggo! We have a visitor

 

Man 2: they seems awfully rich!

 

Man 3: this is heavens indeed

 

Prince Soo Hyun looks disgusted to them, without any swords in hand both of them made their fighting stunts.

 

Man 1: give us your penny.

 

Ji Soo: we don’t have any.

 

Man 2: don’t bull me.

 

Prince Soo Hyun: shall we finish them in quick?

 

Ji Soo: I think.

 

The men started attacking them, one by one, but Soo Hyun and Ji Soo and dodge them, fight back even without any weapons on hand,

 

Soo Hyun kicks the man in stomach, and the man falls from the ground, Soo Hyun hurriedly snatched the sword, he smashed it to the man and started helping Ji Soo, who unluckily have no skills in martial arts or fighting.

 

.

.

.

 

Meanwhile:

 

Su Ji and Baek hyun were both laughing while walking to the woods, when suddenly Su Ji heard a sounds of swords in a distance.

 

Su Ji: (as she put her hand to Baek Hyun’s mouth) Shh..

 

Quietly, Su Ji tries to search were the sounds coming from when she finally knew where it was, in a speed of light, Su Ji runs fast to the area

 

.

.

.

 

Ji Soo, kicks the man in his front, though he was not that good in fighting he tries his best to this one, martial arts maybe not his thing,

 

Man 2: you’re dead! (he shouted as he was about to stab Ji Soo from behind)

 

Soo Hyun: No! ( he quickly holds the sword by his hand yet it still manage to stab the side of his stomach, pain started filling him)

 

Ji Soo: princ—

 

Su Ji came, kicking the man who stabs Soo Hyun, with a quickly moves she shift and turns her body on air, giving them a heavy kick.

 

Man 1: you again?

 

Su Ji: yeah. Miss me? (she smiled devilishly)

 

Soo Hyun looks at the person who saved him, Su Ji looks at him too, both stared for a short moment before Su Ji went back fighting.

 

Sorry for the long wait. I hope you still give this a shot! Thanks! Please leave a comment, I definitely appreciated it. komawo.