Twisted 4: Strands of truth

Twisted Fate

 

 

Twisted 4: Strands of truth

 

 

At the Joseon Era:

 

 

Princess Ji-Eun and minister Jisoo were talking in the garden when the queen, mother of Prince Joo Hyuk and Princess Ji-Eun came passing to the hallway not far to them.

 

Queen Min Hwa: (stops from walking as she saw her daughter looks enjoying herself talking to the man) who’s that man? (she ask her maid)

 

 

Lady Min: that guy? His the son of the minister Kim Min Soo, Kim Jisoo, the youngest minister at age of 20.

 

 

Queen: I never heard he has a son, youngest? (she smiled mockery) he isn’t.

 

 

Lady Min: (bowed her head)

 

 

Queen: he seems very close with the princess

 

 

Lady  Min: he is a friend of the two princes that’s explains why.

 

 

Queen: I see. (she smirked as she resumes walking)

 

On the other hand, Ji Soo, notices the presence of the queen, his gazed went to her, as he looks at her intensified and glared.

 

 

Princess Ji-Eun: Wae? (as she was about to look where he was looking)

 

But Jisoo stops him, by holding her shoulder, it was a bold action, that makes Princess Ji-Eun got nervous towards it, since she was the princess of this country, no one dared to touch her, and everyone knew it, but his touch gives difference, it makes her heart pound and pound and uncontrollably beats fast.

 

Indeed, she likes Jisoo ever since she had eyes to him, for the very first time, her elder brothers introduced her to him, she already like the man.

 

Jisoo: you want to walk around? (He asks giving his dashing smiles he inherited to his real father)

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

Prince Joo Hyuk was walking to the hallway to meet his king father, he was in the door when he heard his father talking to someone inside.

 

Though listening to others conversation is not good, he can’t help it, as he was patiently waiting outside his room.

 

 

King Hyun Woo: I know, I was wondering what would be if jinyoung was still there.

 

 

Eunoch Hong: my king—

 

 

King: in situations like these I know he have something in his head, he can easily think of possible solutions that’s how good he was in thinking, better to anyone, ani—(he paused) best I think.

 

 

Eunoch Hong: do you regret everything King?

 

 

The king didn’t answered, there is a long paused from it—

 

 

King: I did what I think is best for the country as the king, but as a friend? I didn’t done what is right, I made the foolish decision in life and including to ruin the only best’s things happen to me.

 

 

Eunoch Hong: King—

 

 

 On the other hand, Prince Joo Hyuk was there standing

 

 

Prince Joohyuk: who’s that Jinyoung? (but he completely shrug it off)

 

 

---

 

Outside the palace:

 

 

Baekhyun with his best friend Hera were walking I nthe market place.

 

 

He Ra: where are we going?

 

 

Baekhyun: just follow me and stop asking! (he saidpouting)

 

 

Hera: (pouted)

 

 

Baekhyun: we’re here! (he announces happily)

 

 

Hera eyebrow twitch as she looks at the old rotten store of herbs.

 

Hera: what are we going to do here?

 

 

Baekhyun: we buy some herbs I needed.

 

 

Hera: don’t tell me you going to experiment again some herbal medicine again?

 

Baekhyun: that’s not experiment! Suji bought me a book of medicine (he beams happily) I read something on it, and I wanted to try it.

 

 

Hera: you really on that thing huh? You really wanted to be a doctor?

 

Baekhyun: (beams)

 

Hera shook her head as she followed him entered to the store.

 

.

.

.

 

 

Su Ji was fine afternoon, Suji was walking in the same market, her eyes were busy roaming around as she was busy looking for something in particular.

 

 

Accidentally she bump from an old lady.

 

 

“I’m sorry. Gwenchana?” she asks worriedly, holding her thin body for support.

 

 

Instead of answering, the old lady looks at her with horrified expression, her eyes widen almost bulging in her socket she holds Su Ji’s hand tightly.

 

 

“Wae?” Suji asks nervously.

 

 

“Be careful” the old lady warn.

 

Suji’s forehead creased as she didn’t get what she was saying.

 

 

“You’re fate id rough, shallow and twisted. Connected to the other side yet full of misery” she said.

 

 

“What are you—“

 

 

“There is no happiness, pain and full of heartaches. You can never be together to the other person holding the same fate as yours.” As she saw the necklace she was wearing. “the other one holding the same necklace on your neck. There is no way that the two connecting twisted fate of yours be with that person. You can never be together with her. One will suffer from pain.”

 

“Grandmother I don’t understand—“

 

 

“And one will die. The fate you have is just the repeat of another fate that didn’t finished in time” she said in hard tone.

 

 

“What are you talking—“

 

 

“Don’t fall in love in a man wearing a red hanbok coz’ that will be the start of your misery”

 

 

 

“Ohh—“Goosebumps chills her spine. Suji let go the old lady. As when she was about to tell something, someone bumps her again, causing for her to turn her head and look for that person.

 

“Sorry”

 

Suji bowed her head she turn her head back to the old lady. “Don’t joke that grandmother—“ but she was surprised when the old lady vanished on her side like an air.

 

 

“Where is she?” she murmured as she scratch the back of her head.

 

 

Still surprised for what the old lady told her, she stood still in her spot dumb headedly. Eyes lock on the way, roaming around to search for the old lady

 

 

“Yoohh!! Don’t stand there!!!! Make way!!”

 

 

Suji didn’t realized that there is a man riding in the horse who keeps yelling to her.

 

 

“Yoohh!! Make way”

 

 

Seconds after, Suji saw the running horse in her front, seems that the rider lose his control, shocked, instinct left her, her feet been glued on the spot,

 

 

But a firm body dives in her, helping her to get out of the road. They both rolled on the vacant spot on the market, shoulders in her body supporting her as they rolled over.

 

 

As when they both lay down on the ground, the unknown person was still hugging her, Suji’s eyes widen as she saw who the person was—

 

Duugg.. duugg..

 

 

Her heart started racing faster with eyes widens her stare was fix with him, in the same time, the man looks at her too they both stared to each other;

 

 

Prince Sohyun: Gwenchana?

 

 

Suji: uhh—(as she tried to speak but failed, she nodded and hurriedly stood up)

 

As Suji taps her clothes diverting her all attention in her racing heart, Soohyun was just staring at her, with smiles in his face.

 

 

Suji: w—wae? (she stutters, she can’t stand the intensity of stares he was giving him.)

 

 

Soohyun: (shook his head still smiling)

 

 

Jisoo: Jeoh—(stops as he saw who was with him) it’s you—

 

 

Suji: (stared at him)

 

 

Jisoo: (he stared at her too, but he quickly turns his head to look at the prince, giving him a signal over something)

 

 

Soohyun: (nodded his head, he looks at Suji) we need to go. Be careful. (then he bowed)

 

 

Suji: uhh—(she said, nodding as she watch them walks away)

 

 

---

 

 

The next day:

 

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/0d/ed/e8/0dede864743bb0b61f2cbeea65b0eb2e--rye-makeup.jpg

 

Princess Ji-Eun was standing not that far in the castle garden obviously staring, no, glaring at whom she was watching.

 

Her eyes narrowed same how her lips as her lips form into thin lines. She let out a heavy sighed sd her eyes never left them.

 

She was staring Minister Ji Soo with the unnamed woman in her perspective talking, but based on her clothing, Princess Ji-Eun knew she was ine of the daughter of ministers, she looks familiar.

 

“Tsss” she mumbled as she saw how the said woman, taps Ji Soo in shoulder in which Ji Soo laughed a little.

 

Princess Ji-Eun’s eyes narrowed once more as she saw how they both comfortable to each other, the woman, no doubt at all, is a perfect example of an elite lady, she really looks pretty and the way she moves is well groomed and mannered. The total opposite of hers.

 

“What are you staring at?” Prince Joo Hyuk ask, as his eyes landed on the same spot she was looking at. “I see”

 

Princess Ji-Eun pouted.

 

“She’s the daughter of ministry of justice. She’s pretty right?” Joo Hyuk teases his sibling more.

 

“Tss” Princess Ji-Eun pouted more.

 

“I heard her father wanted Ji Soo to be his son in law, like who wouldn’t like to be right? Ji Soo is the youngest minister of our time, everyone have eyes on him plus his looks and intelligence. His really talented.” He said.

 

Princess Ji-Eun smiled, of course! She knew those things. Everyone knows his achievement, from being the youngest minister, up to his talents and so forth. And of course she knew anything that concerns him.

 

 

Prince Joo Hyuk chuckled as he saw how his youngest sibling reacted. “And I heard that kind of woman he likes” he snaps looking playfully towards his sister who obviously frowning right now.  “I thin khe will consider marriage with her, now that his in marrying age you know”

 

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UdJ2BWpOPQs/WGuxZ8Xf4eI/AAAAAAAABjQ/XIvA0mB8DUErXPxXmNNAFNeWDTuHefxOACLcB/s1600/Moon.Lovers-Scarlet.Heart.Ryeo.E12.161003.360p-NEXT.mp4_001032297.jpg

 

 

Joo Hyuk smiles widens as he successfully pissed his sister. He loves playing with her.

 

“No. he wouldn’t” she said glaring the prince.

 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAE1ieyy8bYpbWnNtG70QGI7yUhDAX4enI8_wx9AlE1W2lngLB

 

 

“Wae? How can you be so sure of it?”

 

“I just know!” she stomped her feet. “Besides she’s too boring for his. Tss” she glared once more before walking out.

 

 

“Princess—Yah! I’m just teasing you. Go back here” he shouted.

 

 

But princess Ji-Eun didn’t mind him and continue walking away.

 

 

On the other hand, the king was there, silently staring at his beloved princess.

 

Eunuch hong: your highness—

 

But the king stops him by raising his one hand as he look at his princess walking away.

*****

 

 

At the Millennial years:

 

 

Eun Hye brows automatically furrowed as she saw an eyesore scene in her sight.

 

 

It was IL Woo together with Ms. Shin, one of the faculty member.

 

Eun Hye’s eyes narrowed once more as she saw how close and flirty they was. One eyebrow raising, as something idea comes in Eun Hye’s head, she flips her hair, gracefully walks towards them as she passed in Ms. Shin’s back, intentionally bumped her causing her to lose in balance and the ice coffee she was drinking that time fell accidentally in IL Woo.

 

Splaasshh!

 

Ms. Shin: OOOHHH!

 

Eun Hye: oh mianhe! (she said but looks not sorry at all)

 

 

IL Woo: YAH! (as she looks on Eun Hye)

 

 

Ms. Shin: I’m sorry! are you okay. (as she continue wiping his shirt)

 

 

Eun Hye: Wae? (she asks innocently when she notices IL Woo’s stares on her) I said I’m sorry okay. You were in the middle of the road, and I am passing by, so it’s not my problem am I right?

 

 

IL Woo just stared at her, annoyed, Eun Hye on the other hand chuckled, she smirked flipping her hair as she resume her walking with triumphantly in face.

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

Seung Gi: Hahahahahaha! (he burst out laughing as he seated in the side of the pool)

 

On the other hand, IL Woo was busy swimming; comes back and forth in the pool inside the school campus.

 

Seung Gi: you know what, If I didn’t knew you at all, I would say she was your ex girlfriend, maybe she right? She dislikes you rotten.

 

 

IL Woo: (as he stops from swimming for a while) No! she wasn’t! I didn’t have any girlfriend at all.

 

 

Seung Gi: OOHH! Ex- flings perhaps?

 

IL Woo: Tch. (stood right in the swimming pool both hands in his waist, revealing how masculine and fit he was) I didn’t have any flings.

 

 

Seung Gi: so what did you call Ms. Shin? And the other girls around you?

 

 

IL Woo: I’m just being polite with them, that’s the proper way to treat a lady. (he explains)

 

 

Seung Gi: what are you? Living in the nth century? C’mon! the way you socialize with girls have some meaning to others. You playboy!

 

IL Woo: I’m not! (he defended more)

 

 

Seung Gi: (laughed more) ohh. C’mon IL Woo! We’re friends since then, tell me, you did something to Ms. Yoon that’s why she hates you. It really obvious! You just don’t remember it. Maybe a flings in your trips? One night stand?

 

 

IL Woo: shut it okay? I didn’t forget any single detail I had since I opens my eyes from comatose. So how can I forget her if possible I met her before? Let’s not talk about this (as he resume from swimming)

 

 

That’s IL Woo’s sore spot. He can’t even talk about that thing happen before he was comatose, even how many times he tried to remember he can’t. And it frustrated him like hell. Though he want to know his real self, his mind seems block those memories he needed to remember. The more he tried to remember those memories he lost, the more his head hurts in process same as the throbbing pain he felt in his heart.

 

 

.

.

.

 

Eun Hye: what are you doing?(as she pops out on Suzy’s back)

 

Suzy: Miss! (she exclaimed)

 

 

Eun Hye: oh sorry did I scared you?

 

 

Suzy: (nodded, as she was still holding her chest)

 

Eun Hye: (smiled) so what are you doing?

 

 

Suzy: I’m practicing my speech.

 

 

Eun Hye: ihh that’s the script in the play? (she asks)

 

Suzy: (nodded same as pouted)

 

 

Eun Hye: wae?

 

 

Suzy: the scene and act are too hard. (she complaint) how does he made the female lead like this? Tomboyish? Tch. I don’t know how to used swords not even lift it. That Myungsoo! Tch.

 

Eun Hye: (smiled warmly to her) you like him. (it was an statement)

 

Suzy: ( eyes widen in shock) No! (she denied)

 

Eun Hye: it was obvious. And you can’t never hide it from me. (she said)

 

Suzy: (blushed and slowly nodded her head) I like him. More than a best friend (she confess, though she can’t understand how she can easily open up this thing to her, since even with her friends she denied it from death)

 

Suzy felt something towards Eun Hye, a connection she can’t even figure nor point it out. But one thing is for sure, she felt something warm touches her heart whenever she was with Eun Hye.

 

 

Eun Hye: aiggoo! You were nearly womanhood now. (she exclaimed)

 

 

Suzy: but I think he didn’t like me.

 

Eun Hye: wae?

 

Suzy: (shrug shoulder) He treats me only like his little sister. (she pouted)

 

 

Eun Hye: but he seems protective towards you.

 

 

Suzy: Tch. That’s not new. I’m his best friend right? Since little I’m with him. And he dated different girls so I know. And he bring random girls in home so that’s why. (she pouted more)

 

 

Eun Hye: yo lived with him? (she ask)

 

Suzy: (nodded) since my parents passed away, I moved with them, his mom is my mom’s best friend. To be exact our parents were best of friends.

 

 

Eun Hye: I see. So how’s your parents by the way? Are they treated you well? (she asks)

 

Suzy: (stared at her, confuse from her random questions) well—they were the best. They loved me so much. I didn’t remember anything aside from the hugs and kisses they always give me when they coming home. Those laughter’s we all shared, maybe because I was too young when they both passed away. I didn’t have any memories from them. (she smiled bitterly)

 

 

Eun Hye: (nodded, as she looks away hiding the verge of tears in her eyes)

 

 

Suzy: are you okay?

 

 

Eun Hye: yeah. Do you want me to teach you?

 

 

Suzy: ohh—thank you but Sir IL Woo offered me first. He will going to teach me. (she grins)

 

Eun Hye: you’re close with him?

 

 

Suzy: Sir IL Woo is nice, (she smiled) actually he is my favorite professor. He’s like an older brother that I never had.

 

Eun Hye: I see.

 

.

.

.

 

 

At home:

 

 

Suzy: I’m home! (she announces)

 

Suzy shrug realizing she was alone, maybe, Myungsoo’s mom was still in the market or some. She hurriedly went upstairs as she stops the moment she passed Myungsoo’s room, she saw the door was widely open, curiosity hits her hard, she peek inside, knowing that there is no one inside.

 

 

She smiled wickedly as she went inside, knowing Myungsoo, since little, ever since they reach teenage years. Myungsoo refrain of her going inside his room, he was strictly prohibited her. Suzy landed her body in his bed, inhaling his manly perfume.

 

 

Suzy: Aiiggooo.. he’s so neat in his things. (as he roam her eyes inside)

 

She was about to leave the room, when accidentally, she steps something in the floor, she pick the sketch pad and eyes widen in shock as she saw her face on it, wearing the old traditional Korean dress, in the drawing she looks serious. No smiles at all.

 

Myungsoo: what are you doing here?

 

 

Suzy hurriedly hide the sketch pad in her back

 

 

Myungsoo: why are you inside my room?

 

 

Suzy: oh nothing. (and quickly she runs outside)

 

 

The moment she reach her own room, she slams the door close, hold her chest that was pounding so fast, she got the sketch pad she saw in his room and stared for it.

 

All of the drawing inside are all hers! Different angles but all with serious faces. She wears different hanbok at time.

 

 

Suzy: what is this?