Uncertainty

Pile of Rosé Ficlets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyoung look at herself in the long mirror. Turning her body side to side. Her eyebrows scrunched as she set her eyes onto her own figure, not really satisfied with what she is seeing.

 

It was now the 4th attire she‘s trying for tonights occasion. And as she glanced towards the clock above the door, she realises she hasn’t got much time left.

 

It was 7.00 in the evening and she was due to go by 7.30.

 

That’s 30 minutes away and I‘m still deciding on what to wear!

 

Feeling pressured, she picked the train of her dress into her hands and quickly stride to the wardrobe, while simultaneously ping the back of the dress. Undressing herself to save time as much as she can.

 

While all this ruckus was happening in Chaeyoung’s world, a dark haired man got out of the bathroom from inside the room. A waft of hot air coming along with him, obviously from the heated shower. His upper body was bare save for a towel that was wrapped around his waist. He had another towel hanging around his neck and his hands diligently shaking his hair with it to dry it out. He was softly singing to himself, as random rhythms came out of his mouth.

 

As he wipes his face and dries the wetness of his newly washed hair, he could hear grunts and various random exclamation from the person he only knows all too well.

He approached the wardrobe with his signature smirk.

 

As he stop to stood at their wardrobe door, Jungkook saw his wife, rummaging her clothes like crazy.

 

It is amusing seeing her trying to scan every dress she had that was hanged. She slapped it hard through the rail one after another an obvious frustration on her face. He sniggered in amusement.

 

“What are you doing?” He asks leaning into the door frame with his arms crossed. A stance he often does.

 

Chaeyoung heard and glanced at him.

 

“I’m trying to find something to wear, but there is nothing. Absolutely nothing to wear!” she said with a huff turning back to her line of outfits.

 

She continued moving her hands desperately again, sliding the hanged clothes one by one to be quickly skimmed, before she moves on with another one.

 

He chuckled, “Are you sure there’s nothing? Because I’m seeing a lot of clothes in front of you.”

 

At that she stopped her movements and glared at him.

 

“You’re not helping Jungkook.”

 

She sets her eyes out of the wardrobe onto the strategically placed clock once again.

 

“I only have... 25 minutes now! Its already 7.05!” Her voice getting higher and she started doing what she was doing once again.

 

But realising her husband was still perched at the same place, she looked to him and said, “I’ve put your dress shirt on the bed with your pants. Get dress.“

 

He put both of his arms up in a surrender pose. “Okay. “ He left her as he retrieved his own clothes on the bed. A white dress shirt with some dark green pattern at the side. You can barely see it, but Jungkook likes the fact that it was that way. His wife knew his taste obviously.

 

He got himself dressed and buttoned his shirt. Being the guy that he is, it took him no longer than 5 minutes to be fully ready.

He sprayed his perfume that was on their dresser and donned his watch, styling his hair into its usual parting and nodded at the reflection of him at the long mirror, satisfied.

 

He went back to the wardrobe while folding the fold arms of his shirt to see his wife. He perched himself onto the frame once again and said, “I’m ready.” Smiling his signature smirk to his wife.

 

She heard him and turned to see the man.

 

She grunted, “Of course you are.! Ugh and I’m not!”

 

He chuckled, “Whats wrong with the one that you tried before?”

 

“Which one?” She asks her eyebrows in a frown as she turns to face him.

 

“The one that you tried before I went to shower.”

 

“The green one? Or the white one?”

 

“The green one.”

 

“It was too tight. Its your parents dinner I can’t wear something like a . “

 

“I thought it was fine.”

 

“Well fine is not enough right now..”

 

“Alright then what about the white one?”

 

“Which white one?”

 

“The one that you mention just now.”

 

“It was fine, but I look like a grandma in that one. “

 

He laughed, “And what’s wrong with that?”

 

Closer to Jungkook now she gave him a soft slap onto his arm.

 

“Hey ouch,” an unbelievable look plastered on Jungkook’s face. “look grandmas are very loved and whats so wrong with dressing a bit like them once in a while.”

 

She looked at him in disbelief. “Because, I’m 39 weeks pregnant, not 89 years old dying!”

 

He let out a good hearty laugh at her retort.

 

His laughter commanded her to take a good look at her husband. Eyes crinkled and head thrown back, it made her smile too. She got a good waft of his newly sprayed on perfume.

 

Jungkook is ready, and you’re not Chaeyoung.

You’re friggin 2days shy from being 9 months pregnant and the baby is sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter