Welcomed Concerns

Pile of Rosé Ficlets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple made their way inside their apartment. The young lady in front took her boots off and quickly wore the house slipper, while the other young man closed the door and did the same to his own shoes; his favourite Timberlands boots, putting it on top of the rack as he cherishes them so much and could not bear seeing it at the floor.

The couple were passionately conversing or for lack of better words arguing on a rather detrimental topic. But it seems like it was an important one to the couple. Therefore, here we are.

"I just do not understand why you have to be chosen," Jung kook exclaimed as they both went into the kitchen, the young lady in front while the man follows.

As he reached for glasses to fill it with water from the upper kitchen cabinet, the young lady, also known as Chaeyoung, also famously known for Rosé turned to face the man who was leaning down, and said, "What do you mean?," Rose enquired as she leaned on the kitchen counter not exactly understanding her boyfriend's predicament.

"You're acting as if I'm not good enough to be chosen," she said once more. She took the glass offered by him that was filled with water to quench her thirst. She muttered a quick thanks.

Jung kook opened the refrigerator and filled his own glass with apple juice and said with a sigh, "Its not that you're not good enough but they should have known better." To prove his point and show the mood he was in, he finished his glass of juice in one shot and huffed shortly after.

Rose who had been watching just curiously crinkled her forehead in confusion. She still does not understand why this topic is even in their conversation and why Jung kook was reacting so strongly about it.

By then though she remembered that she was responsible for their dinner, so she shook her head and went straight into business. She opened the big cabinet which stores their bought groceries.

As she took a packet of unboiled spaghetti out she said, "What do you mean by that?"
"I'm good enough to be picked, yes?", she asked Jung kook for confirmation.

He confirmed with a nod at the same time saying, "Yes of course you're good enough,"

"Take out the bacon please," Rose said to Jung kook who was beside the refrigerator. She continued then "The music video I'm shooting for, its for BlackPink right?" a curious expression on her face as she filled a pot with water for the spaghetti.

Jung kook who now possesses the confused expression, then put a packet of bacon, some meat that they bought yesterday on top of the counter, he said, "Well of course. What other groups would you shoot music video for?,"

"And the song that is in the music video, it is also BlackPink's right?" Rose asked again settling the pot filled water onto the stove.

"Well duh, whats the point of shooting a music video if its not according to the song.?" Jung kook said in reply. Jung kook shook his head and then said "Where are we going exactly with this?" As he too crinkled his forehead.

Rose who was amused gave a slight laugh and said, "Exactly! I mean I don't know, you brought it up. You said I'm good enough to be picked, and its a BlackPink music video with a BlackPink song, and if you did not know, I'm apart of BlackPink, so really, I'm the one who is not understanding on why you don't understand that I got to be picked for that scene for this music video," she finished slightly out of breath.

Jung kook who has now settled at the stool bar at the kitchen island sat facing her as he shook his head.

'She really doesn't get it does she?' Jung kook thought to himself.

He stared at her, as she washes her hand after rinsing the meat she intends to put for her spaghetti. He stared at her while she does the kitchen-work, from the way she cuts the strips of bacon to become smaller cubes, and up to when she finally realises that he did not reply and looked at him in curiosity.

"Is there something wrong?," Rose enquires, while blinking several times.

Jung kook chuckled and then said, "Nothing's wrong babe, its just that you are so oblivious sometimes I do not know whether to love or hate you for it," as he stood up from the stool and made his way back to her side.

Rose who was still the oblivious one, followed his movement with her eyes and stopped when he had placed himself right in front of her.

Jung kook who was taller than her placed both of his hands on top of her shoulders. Guiding it to face him.

Even in front of her, he continued staring at her. His lips slightly lifted in amusement but not that high to form a smirk.

Oblivious Rosé who meet his stare straight on, wiped her hands onto a kitchen towel then proceeded to put the back of her hand on top of his forehead and said, "Ya, are you sick?"

She followed the same action onto her own forehead to compare their temperature.

Jung kook then full out smiled and let out a laugh as he removes her hand and kisses her forehead and said again, "See, I said you were oblivious, then you ask me whether I'm sick? Ha, you're one of a kind Chaeyoung-ah,"

Rose who was oblivious then, became even more so, as she blushed from the sudden forehead kiss by Jung kook as well as from her own embarrassment on not understanding what Jung kook was so passionately telling her about.

Jung kook who finally thought that it was enough for Chaeyoung aka Roseanne Park, decided to bring her into the loop once again.
He said, "Its not that you are not good enough for the job, in fact I think you're perfect for it, and of course you are apart of BlackPink, I would not have known you, if it was not for your group," Jung kook said with conviction.

He continued, "What I meant by they 'should have known better' , is that why would they ever think that Rose's boyfriend would allow another actor to act a rather intimate scene with his girlfriend. Especially when said boyfriend is Jeon Jung kook from BTS. I mean really did they not think?," Jung kook exclaime

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter