The New Friend

My Heart Stops (When I See You Smile)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's POV

As the days went by,  my dislike for Luhan grew stronger and stronger. Every evening he would come hopping at my door,  asking the same question over and over again. 

"Can Sehun play today? " I could hear his chirpy voice from my ambush behind the couch. There was no one day when he won't knock at my door and ask for me while I was busy praying for him to just go away.  During the first few days,  it was easy getting away with the excuse of unpacking. But as the days progressed, shooing Luhan became more and more difficult.  One time he even cut across the yard and looked through my window. I saw him in the nick of time and dove under my bed quickly but that right there tells you something about Wu Luhan. That guy has no sense of privacy. No knowledge of personal space. 

My dad was willing to run block.  And he did over and over again. He told Luhan that I was sleeping or busy or plain gone. He was a lifesaver.  My sisters, on the other hand, were always trying to sabotage me any chance they got. Sooyoung and Seohyun, they are both twins and two years older than me and boy-watching them has taught me how not to run your life. They are the most careless and ruthless creatures I have ever met!  They don't think before doing something,  don't have any filters and have this super-ability to start an argument just by the simple act of breathing. I used to play KO with them but then I realized it wasn't worth it. Girls don't play fair. They will kick you, pull your hair, pinch you,  treat you like trash and then will gasp and cry and run off to Mommy once you try and raise your fist to defend yourself. Then you get locked up into time-out,  and for what?  So no my friend, don't snap at the bait. Let it dangle. You just look at it, go goofy and laugh aloud. Keep swimming around it and then they'll give up and will go to lure someone else. 

That's how it is with my sisters and the bonus is that with further experiences and experiments you come to discover that this works with pretty everyone. Teachers,  jerks,  even parents. Seriously. See, the thing with parents is that you can never win an argument with them-no matter whether you're right or wrong. So why bother getting all pumped up at 'em?  It is way too easy to simply dive down and get away than it is to get clobbered by some parental advice tidal waves. But the funny thing is that Sooyoung and Seohyun still need to learn this powerful secret. They go straight into thrash mode and are way too busy drowning on the arguments than to take a deep breath and dive into the calmer water.  And they think I'm stupid.

Anyway, true to form,  Sooyoung once sneaked Luhan in along with Seohyun and gave him a house tour. I can still remember the cringe-worthy images of them cooing and fawning over that idiot like he was some doll. They even had the guts to show him my room with the utmost interest like it was some tourist spot. Fortunate for me, I had heard their footsteps and hid on the top shelf of my closet which went unnoticed by them. Later on, I heard something to crash followed by my Dad's angry voice booting Luhan away.  That was when I had a breath of relief.  

I didn't go out for the first few weeks. Honestly, I was not the kind of guy to go out.  I preferred books and video games instead. Call me a geek but this is how I am. I was in my room either getting ready for my new school or smashing my own records in Starcraft. This continued until one day this other boy around my age bumped into me while I was out with my Mom for grocery shopping. 

"Ooopssie. Sorry. " He scratched the nape of his neck and smiled apologetically.  I nodded and walked away to the snacks section. Unlike my previous neighborhood,  this one was huge and so was it's convenience store. They had a large variety of snacks- both local and foreign and it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter