The Middle School

My Heart Stops (When I See You Smile)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's POV

Moving to new place didn't necessarily mean I have to go to a new school. I mean, it was not like we changed the city or something. But since my old school was far from our new neighborhood, my parents decided to enroll me and my sisters into the nearest one. Sooyoung and Seohyun were excited after hearing the news whereas I was praying with every bit in me for not to get enrolled to the same one as Xi Luhan. That would only be a total turnoff for my liking towards the school. Anyway, when I told Jongin that I won't be attending our previous school, he became sad. But that's okay. We promised to meet up on the weekends so it was cool. 

When finally the D-day came, my Dad dropped us at the gate of the new school and told us to behave, a ritual he follows every time when the three of us are out in public. We were not rowdies or messy kids but yet he did it without fail. My sisters had once said that he was embarrassed of us, but I don't think it is that, right? Waving him and my crazily hyperactive sisters' bye, I walked towards my assigned class. And you have no idea how much I regretted doing so because the minute I walked into Miss Taeyeon's second-grade classroom, I was dead meat.

"Sehunnie!" The nightmare of my life, Luhan squealed. 

"You're here!" Then he charged across the room and tackled me. Miss Taeyeon tried to explain this attack away as a 'welcome hug', but honestly, that was no hug! It was worse than a knockdown. And even though I managed to shake him off, it was too late. The students were already whistling and giggling as if there was no tomorrow. Thanks to the teacher who shut them up or else I would've died right there and then because of embarrassment. 

"Luhan, go to your seat now." She commanded. But Luhan didn't even budge. He was still clinging to me and grinning dangerously while I was wishing for this to end before I become a laughing stock. Or maybe, I have already become one. Why was he present everywhere I go? Why can't he just leave me alone? Was he really that dense when Jongdae had said to stay away from me when he tried to play with us a few days ago? Has he really pledged to not let me live in peace? Why did Dad have to enroll me here? I cried inwardly at my cruel fate.  

"Luhan. Go back to -"

"I want to sit with Sehunnie! Can you please let him sit next to me?" I stared at the boy in horror. Why was he so determined to ruin my life? I was about to yell a no when the teacher smiled sweetly at that three feet of terror.

"Oh, you want your friend to be with you?" Luhan nodded giddily. I looked at Miss Taeyeon pleadingly,  hoping that she would understand me and save me but when she opened , I knew I was doomed forever.

"Hmm okay then." 

And just like that, I was branded for life.  

The whole week I kept on running away from the clutches of Luhan. I tried to hide at every opportunity I could get. During my walk to the school, the recess and the dismissal. In the class as well, I tried to shut my ears and pretend I didn't hear him calling for me or poking the life out of my system with his weird neon blue Rilukama pencil. But as time passed by, it only became difficult.

"Hey Sehun! Where is your boyfriend?" 

 

"Are you going to marry him?" 

 

"Don't invite us though! I don't wanna taint my eyes watching two guys kiss!"

 

"You're gay? Eww. Stay away from me." 


Everyone started to tease me.

Sometimes, it was so humiliating I wanted to disappear. I tried to explain but nobody listened. They were having too much fun with this. One day, I tried to tell Luhan to stop. So, I dragged him out of the class and luckily there was no one in the hallway. I was just about to tell him to off ( Jongdae taught me the word yesterday) and I almost even did but then someone caught us and then the rumor of us being a couple just got confirmed. That's how my first year in this new place was, a disaster! 

The third grade wasn't any better. I was still labeled as Luhan's 'boyfriend' and whenever I would try to clear it out, nobody was ready to listen. Who would believe me when Luhan was out there, showcasing his stupid love for me? Same with fourth and the fifth and the sixth. Luhan would never leave me alone and chased me around as if I was some expensive meat. But in the seventh grade, I took action. It started out slow- one of those This-is-so-stupid kind of ideas you get and forget. But the more I played with the idea, the more I thought, What better way to ward Luhan off?

What better way to say to him, "Luhan, you are annoying so just leave me alone"?

And so, Jongdae and I hatched the plan.

We asked Mr. Kim, our then homeroom teacher to switch our seats so that I can be away from that maniac and thankfully he agreed. Luhan didn't look too pleased when Do Kyungsoo, the weird eyed boy sat next to him but I couldn't care less.

After the step one was a success, we moved onto the second. 

A few weeks later, I asked Kim Jisoo out.

To fully appreciate the brilliance of this, you have to understand that Luhan hates Kim Jisoo. He always has, though it beats me why. Jisoo's nice and friendly. She has good academics and sings too. What's not to like? But Luhan hated her, and I was going to make this little gem of knowledge the solution to my problem. 

What I and Jongdae were thinking that Jisoo would eat lunch at our table and maybe walk around with me. That way, the rumors of me being into boys would become invalid and Luhan will stop pestering me. About after two weeks of roaming around and spending time with Jisoo, our plan finally started showing its result. The rumor died down and Luhan, well he stopped following me and only stared at me from far; which was better than the former. Another week passed and I couldn't be happier. I decided to thank Jisoo for helping me out by giving her a box of chocolates- and that- was one of my greatest mistakes. Jisoo took everything way too seriously and went around telling everyone- including Luhan- that we were in love.

In no time Luhan and Jisoo got into some kind of fight and while Jisoo was recovering from that, my supposed friend Jongdae- who also was behind this plan- told her what I was upto. Jisoo cried for days and followed me around school sniffling and making me feel like a jer, which was even worse than having Luhan as a shadow. Everything blew over at one month mark, though, when Jisoo officially dumped me and started going out with Kim Seokjin. Then Luhan started up with the goo-goo eyes again, and I was back to square one.  

Now, in eighth grade things changed, thought whether they improved is hard to say. I don't remember Luhan actually chasing me in the sixth grade. But I do remember him sniffing me.

 

Yes, my friend, I said sniffing.

 

 

Not like he what he did till now wasn't considered creepy, but this time, it was different on a whole another level. I amd Jongdae had somehow made it to the basketball team and always stayed back in the gym for practice after the school hours.One evening we were returning to the locker room after practice when something caught my eyes. Luhan was there, standing in front of my locker and sniffing my shir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter