The Short Meeting

Oppas' Little Girl

During the whole day during school, IU had a sulky expression. No one could do anything to cheer her up. At the same time, Woohyun was nowhere to be found. Myungsoo and Sunggyu kept wondering where Woohyun had went, but because they couldn't find Woohyun after searching for two hours, they gave up and tried their best to cheer IU up. Even Sungyeol, the happy-go-lucky boy, couldn't do anything to make IU smile.

"I can't believe her. She's all pouty and moody. She won't even laugh to my jokes! I mean, come on! She even nodded her head when I asked her if she would marry me!" Sungyeol exclaimed, scoffing. He kept quiet, bit into his hamburger, and raised a finger. "By the way, I asked her if she would marry me first and she said yes. I totally called her first."

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes and smacked Sungyeol behind his head. Everyone but IU and Woohyun met up at a fast food place, and they all were discussing IU's sour mood and Woohyun's harsh attitude.

"IU isn't a toy, idiot. Besides Sungyeol's nonsense, does anyone else have an important complaint or what-so-ever about IU and Woohyun?" Myungsoo asked. Dongwoo raised his hand and Myungsoo gestured him to speak.

"This might not quite relate to IU and Woohyun, but Hoya and I are going to enter a talent show competition. We think that if IU and Woohyun sit next to each other and the rest are far away from them, they might talk and be friends," Dongwoo suggested. Hoya's eyes widened as he slightly sat up from his seat.

"Wait, when was there a 'we' in this plan? I never even heard of this plan! You just asked me if I was going to enter the talent show with you and I agreed to that!" Hoya exclaimed.

"Ah, so you were listening," Dongwoo mumbled. Sunggyu raised his hand.

"I'm actually in favor with that idea," Sunggyu said. "I think it's the perfect opportunity for Woohyun and IU to clear up their misunderstandings and all."

"Ha, as if that would happen," Sungjong muttered. "We can hardly find where Woohyun is. Plus, I didn't see IU at all after school."

"Wait, why were you looking for IU after school?" Hoya asked, frowning.

"To…cheer her up?" Sungjong said quickly. Myungsoo irritatedly scratched his head and sighed.

"Look, this is about the complaints and issues we have between them, not about suggestions and where IU and Woohyun is," Myungsoo said. Dongwoo's watch suddenly beeped as Sunggyu's phone began to set off a strange ringtone. Dongwoo widened his eyes and shot up from his seat. Sunggyu did the same, except more calmly and smoothly.

"Holy cow! I stayed here too long!" Dongwoo exclaimed.

"How long?" Hoya asked.

"An hour! I was supposed to have a five-minute break, though," Dongwoo said.

"Then why were you here in the first place?" Sungjong asked.

"Dude, we're talking about IU. Since when did we have a conversation about a girl between all of us?" Dongwoo exclaimed. Sunggyu heaved a sigh and turned to the others.

"I got to go, too. I have to work. If I don't make it in fifteen minutes, then I'm going to get fired," Sunggyu said.

"Okay! We'll have fun talking about IU and Woohyun without you guys," Sungyeol said teasingly.

"Mhm," Sunggyu said nonchalantly. "I better go. Dongwoo, want a ride?"

"Nah, I'm fine. Do you want a ride on my new motorcycle? My dad both it for me from…I forgot," Dongwoo murmured. Sunggyu said and gave Myungsoo a weak smile. He patted Myungsoo's shoulder for assurance.

"Sorry man, but I'm leaving this whole situation on your shoulder. You okay with that?" Sunggyu asked. Myungsoo nodded his head and shrugged off Sunggyu's hand.

"I'm perfectly fine," Myungsoo said with a small hint of sarcasm. However, no one noticed his sarcasm and went back to whatever they were supposed to do. Sunggyu and Dongwoo left, Sungyeol started bickering with Sungjong, and Hoya kept quiet like how Myungsoo was.

Sure, just leave all the problems to the one who got the looks. No big deal, Myungsoo thought sarcastically, rolling his eyes secretly.