[1] The Famous One

Book, Party, Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You’re going out again?”

She looks apologetically at me. “I’m sorry, Chanyeol. But Minho sunbae invited me out for dinner along with other seniors. I can’t really skip this. They are seniors on my photography club.”

It’s probably the nth time she ditches me for dinner after we promised. It’s either her seniors are inviting her out and she can’t reject the offer or her friends kidnap her to hang out and not letting her to touch her phone for the sake of informing me about her whereabouts.

And what happen that night is long forgotten. We never bring that up again.

Also, ever since she changes her look, her circle seems to get bigger.

She’s always busy with things non related to college stuff. She hangs out more than I do in the last semester. I hate to admit but I miss talking with her until late night.

Now we even barely do it. We barely see each other and our new time table shows us that we have no classes together for this semester.

Seeing my lack of activities, Daehyuk, a friend of mine invites me out for joining their activity which is hitting a gym.

I never think about going all fit and have nice body –since I’m too satisfied with my body now, before but since he insist and the lack of my activities leads me to agree his offer. At least I have something to do in evening if I don’t have papers to do.

“You can have one of the personal trainers to guide you to get your dreamed body.” Daehyuk tells me.

What dream body? I’m tall for my age, amongst my friends; I’m probably the tallest with all 185cm. I do not have much fat either. Well, if people don’t notice anything on my belly. There’s tiny amount of fat exist there when I crouch down. But who will notice? I need more activities outside since I’m not interested joining any of club in campus.

Although, because the lack of my willingness, I kind of slack off compare with others.

I’m at the cafeteria down at the lobby of apartment. It’s raining hard outside, figures since its spring. I just receive the orange juice I order when I see a familiar figure with a guy entering the lobby.

“Thanks for today, Minho oppa.”

Wait. Did she just call him oppa?

“No prob. Can I see the photograph you mention yesterday?”

Smooth way. I can’t even help myself not to roll eyes at his excuse. They don’t even notice that I’m listening.

“Of course! It’s in my room!”

The old lady calls my name, telling me that my food is ready and when I turn around to the lobby, they’re already gone. No choice, I proceed with my food and choosing the seat where I can see the lobby clearly.

10 minutes later, my food’s long gone.

30 minutes later, I’m pretending to watch whatever the TV is showing but keeping my eyes either on elevator or stairs.

One hour later, I’m sure that this will take long than just an hour.

Suddenly, the idea of coming back to my room doesn’t really appeal to me anymore. I curse for the thin wall the building has. Whatever they do inside her room, I don’t want to hear nor know it.

That Minho guy, he is stealing my friend.

The rest of the semester, I busy myself with my social life. Contrary with the friendship I have with Harin that’s currently going apart, I see the brighter side. If she can make her circle wider with her change, I’m definitely capable of doing the same thing.

I ask for Daehyuk’s help and advices to get me fit. Now I find myself feel the benefit of going there, I do better. 4 months is the time I finally get my body change. I’m muscular but not too extent to buff. My arms definitely show change the most and contrary to the thoughts I have when Daehyuk first bring me here, I’m satisfied with the result. I like what I see in the mirror.

It also affects my social life.

Girls start to join my circle whenever we hang out. The more the merrier, they says. As my circle gets bigger, I find another way to have fun. The concern of having good grades in college is long gone after I focus on my social life. With them, I know how night life is. Going back to flat after 2 AM becomes a new habit. The purpose of going to classes is to meet my friends. We sit at the back of the class, just to chat, playing phones or even sleep, especially when I have morning class. Sometimes when I can’t even wake up, ditching classes is no longer making me feel guilty.

“Mom, I ran out of money.”

I half whisper, facing the corner and glancing warily towards my friends who wait for me at the back.

“You seem to run out of money a lot these days, Yeol.”

I gulp. This is also becoming another habit, asking more for money.

“Yeah, there are a lot of group project that requires research.”

Sure, what kind of group project in business department that really requires a lot of money unless the lecturer gives us a task to start up our own business which is still for few semesters ahead. If only she knows of what kind of group project I have.

“Can you transfer it to my account right now, Mom? I kind of need it immediately sin

Please log in to read the full chapter