[3] Hear The Guitar

Book, Party, Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Coex is definitely as crowd as always but the girl besides me seems to cherish the crowd, on contrary with me.

“Where are we going next?” I ask her, already exhausted from walking too long.

She looks down to her phone, scrolling before answering. “Nature Republic; I should get lipstick and few colours of eyeliners.”

I sigh, not saying anything but following her. Ever since she changes, she starts to take care of her look more than before. It seems that the force that her Mother does slowly grows into her. Not that I complain though, she looks prettier. She wears make up, obviously, but not to the extent her face cake up with those chemical product. Her almond shaped eyes are define even more with the eyeliner –seems knowing that it’s one of her feature point. The way she dresses, she doesn’t really change which makes strange yet unique combination with how she doll up her face now.

“Which one?” She holds up two things which looked like small bottle to me.

“It’s similar, Harin.” I point out, completely confuse why she choose over something the same.

However, she shook her head. “No, this one is red velvet and this one is red wine.”

“O-kay,” I sounded unsure. “What’s the difference?” Is red wine even a colour? Not a drink?

I expect she would be sighing or all frustrated on my lack of understanding. On contrary, she just chuckles. “This red wine is for—,” She starts explaining and honestly, due to all my will to try to focus on whatever she’s explaining, I already lost her at ‘this red wine’. There’s too much new information and most importantly, I’m hungry.

“Do you understand?”

I wrinkle my nose at her, not saying anything but she seems to know anyway.

She excuses herself to look around again, as those small bottle colour thing doesn’t really satisfy her needs. I stay where I am and look around with two paper bags –obviously hers, on my hand. Indeed, I feel uncomfortable already here since all of the customers are girls. Why there are no guys here? Whenever I overlook here, there will be two or three guy customers. I fidget awkwardly, stomping my shoe impatiently as my eyes keep trailing her movement.

After seemed like forever, she finally pays.

“Where do you want to go?”

“Can we eat something, please?” I can’t help the grumble on my stomach by now.

“Pizza?”

“Pizza?”

We stare at each other, too bewilder at our sudden outburst.

“Call!” She exclaims, breaking the eye contact first as she laughs.

We literally stay after eating pizza for a good 2 hours. We talk about stuff, try to know more about each other as the time passes by. If only someone doesn’t text her about the assignments she supposes to send before 10 PM, we won’t really leave that early –might as well to order more.

And here I am, at her room, occupying her bed as she busy herself with the assignment.

“Not sleepy?”

I stare at the ceiling with hands behind my head, feeling every breath I take. “Not yet. You?”

“Me too.” I could picture her dimple smile without looking; hear her pressing the Enter button with power. “Finish!”

I switch to the side, hugging one of her pillow as I stare at her who is now busy with her phone. She’s always busy with her phone nowadays, now that I notice more.

“I bet you’re the last person who hands in the report.”

She laughs, not taking her eyes off of the device. “Yeah, it slipped my mind. Glad that Minho sunbae doesn’t really fuss about this.”

“Baek Min Ho?”

Her eyes are finally on me when I mention the name. I wonder what makes it so interesting. “Do you know him too?”

“Not really,” I mumble. “Just heard stuff.”

“I bet. He’s pretty well known around the campus.” She nods to herself.

“Are we really talking about the same Baek Min Ho?” I doubt.

“If he’s from class 2010 and majoring in business administration, then yes.” She confirms.

“He is then.”

“What kind of stuff that you heard about him?” Now she sounds so curious.

Actually there are a lot of people talking about this Baek Min Ho guy. I guess every campus obliges to have a one senior that everyone will love which just happen to be him. He’s like everything the girls look for. He gets the look, the brain even the money; I even wonder why someone like him lives in actual world, not in some kind of sappy drama. Last year, he’s even the face of the campus which makes him pretty famous, not just in my faculty but the whole campus. Trying to think on how his life will be with attention he gets everywhere he goes make me squirm uncomfortably.

“Not much.” I shrug, taking the guitar I left yesterday in the corner of her room. It’s mine. “I just heard he is pretty smart.”

From the corner of my eyes, I can see her smiling. “Indeed. He helps me a lot with the assignment. He is surprisingly friendly. I thought someone as popular as him wouldn’t be, but I guess I was wrong.”

“You judge people too fast.”

Please log in to read the full chapter